• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tyra
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Shem, Kyle, Sabonis

Will we see them on the court together much? And what do people read or hear about Sabonis' passing ability?
  • GoZags
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

The Rivals.com report on Sabonis says he's "a fantastic passer".

sigpic
    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
    Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• tyra
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

If that is the case (Sabonis is an excellent passer) I could well imagine this starting line up before January:
      1) Kevin
      2) GBJR
      3) Kyle
      4) Sabonis
      5) Shem
      With KD coming off the bench first for lift or rest or speed adjustments.

Comment

• MDABE80
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Likely a top 20 team come November.

Comment

• Reborn
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

A top ten team by the February.
          Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• zag buddy
            Banned
            • Dec 2007

I don't know how you keep Edwards on the bench all year.

Comment

• Kiddwell
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

How?

Originally posted by zag buddy View Post
              I don't know how you keep Edwards on the bench all year.
              You redshirt Edwards.

:]
              Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• cggonzaga
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2007

The way few spoke of Edwards at the end of last year he won't be sitting on the bench. Personally I like the idea of Ryan spelling Karno and Sabonis spelling Wiltjer. Talk about depth.

Comment

• Oregonzagnut
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2011

If Edwards wants to redshirt at all, the time to do it is next year. He can utilize the same RS training plan that Travis Knight did for Olynyk and Wiltjer, it could be the best thing for his career.
                  “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by cggonzaga View Post
                    The way few spoke of Edwards at the end of last year he won't be sitting on the bench. Personally I like the idea of Ryan spelling Karno and Sabonis spelling Wiltjer. Talk about depth.
                    This
                    The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                      Zag for Life
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Oregonzagnut View Post
                      If Edwards wants to redshirt at all, the time to do it is next year. He can utilize the same RS training plan that Travis Knight did for Olynyk and Wiltjer, it could be the best thing for his career.
                      Agree. Barring injury to someone else, Edwards won't see the court for many minutes next year. Very much like Olynyk in terms of being a late bloomer. One of those guys who could be great as a 5th year sr; more in need of a redshirt than any other player than KO to reach his potential. And there have been many.

Comment

• jchocolate99
                        Kennel Club
                        • Jan 2013

Meikle is the one who needs to redshirt because he won't be seeing many minutes with who's in front of him. Edwards does not need to redshirt because he'll be backing up Karno like Sabonis potentially will for Wiltjer. I'd rather have a big body replacing another big body underneath. That's depth...

Comment

• BobZag
                          Dark Lord of the Zag
                          • Jan 2007

With those three rotating, with Nunez, I'd expect Edwards and Meikle to redshirt and get the Travis Knight treatment.
                          The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• seacatfan
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2014

I really hope everybody isn't expecting every kid that takes a RS year at GU to undergo a transformation like Olynk did. That was once in a lifetime folks. Wiltjer has talent to work with but I think he's going to be a far cry from Olynk next year. Maybe better (and higher volume) perimeter shooter but I can't see him being as good posting up and facing up close to the basket as Kelly O. was that one incredible season.

Comment

• Zag 77
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Its a 40 minute game

Why the mystery about Ryan Edwards getting minutes? Karnowski is not going to play 40 minutes a game. Sabonis, Wlitjer and Nunez rotate at the 4, Dranginis and Meikle at the 3. The 4's and 3's are not set in stone either. Some of them can alternate.

Let us not anoint ourselves just yet. Somebody could get hurt or sick, somebody could flunk out or win the Mega Millions Lottery. Somebody could get drunk and wreck a car. Let us temper some expectations.

Comment

Working...
                              X