• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NorthoftheBorder
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

North Carolina State Point Guard considers transferring to Gonzaga

I don't remember seeing anything about Tyler Lewis of North Carolina State considering Gonzaga but it looks like they were in the running to add another point guard.

N.C. State announced last weekend that Lewis would look to play elsewhere. In a phone interview with The Associated Press, Lewis said he looked at Purdue, Xavier, Charlotte, Gonzaga and UAB before choosing Butler

Lewis averaged 4.4 points and a team-best 3.8 assists, but his best asset was protecting the basketball — he had just 38 turnovers in 36 games — while setting up high-scoring forward and ACC player of the year T.J. Warren.
    Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/2014/04/04/...#storylink=cpy
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

I wonder if he looked at Gonzaga and then looked at who we have for next year and decided it wouldn't be the best place to transfer to.

Kevin will run the point. Perkins - from what I saw yesterday, will be great as a back up - Gary has shown many times he can bring the ball up and run the offense, sooo I'm not sure what the deal was except throwing out names?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Comment

• BroncoZAG615
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

I looked at Gonzaga for basketball. Then I decided to just attend as a student. The staff was heartbroken!

Comment

• VaBeachZAG
        Bleeds GU Blue
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by NorthoftheBorder View Post
        I don't remember seeing anything about Tyler Lewis of North Carolina State considering Gonzaga but it looks like they were in the running to add another point guard.
        Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/2014/04/04/...#storylink=cpy
        How about some articles about GU being "in the running" for high quality bigs? We have neither the scholies nor the need for more guards. We could really benefit from an elite big (although with the coming of Sabonis, I have no idea where the scholie comes from).

Comment

• BobZag
          Dark Lord of the Zag
          • Jan 2007

Encouraging that the staff IS keeping an eye out for top talent on the transfer market.
          The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• ZagaZags
            Banned
            • May 2010

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
            Encouraging that the staff IS keeping an eye out for top talent on the transfer market.
            Sounds like someone is going to transfer out. I count 13 scholarships for 2014.

Comment

Working...
            X