• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • realtydog
    Kennel Club
    • Feb 2007

Oregon Player of the year = Silas Melson

Gatorade player of the year for Oregon----Perkins Wiltjer Pangos Drano Bell Nunez GC Karno (saw a new move in 2nd half...what?) Big Montana ....looking forward to next year already---thanks seniors and best wishes
  • thespywhozaggedme
    Banned
    • Feb 2007

I really hope that Few gives him a fair chance to come in and compete for the starting sg spot. Haha, who am I kidding, Few loves him his senior starters, on court results be damned.

Comment

• Ezag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Sad to see Dower, Stockton and Barham go .....but Hello to Wiltjer, Perkins and Melson

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
        Banned
        • Feb 2007

Uh...........Sabonis?
        Originally posted by Ezag View Post
        Sad to see Dower, Stockton and Barham go .....but Hello to Wiltjer, Perkins and Melson

Comment

• SWZag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Need to be careful folks. I think people put people on a pedestal before they even step onto campus. Let's see what they bring to the program before hailing them the next big thing.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

• TexasZagFan
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by SWZag View Post
            Need to be careful folks. I think people put people on a pedestal before they even step onto campus. Let's see what they bring to the program before hailing them the next big thing.
            How true...GJ Vilarino and a host of others come to mind...I just can't think of their names at this point.

Comment

• seacatfan
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2014

Who scored 10 points in the first 4 or 5 minutes against Okie State, staking them to a lead they would never relinquish? Same guy that hit a huge 3 when the lead was down to 3 in the 2nd half. But that guy shouldn't play next year, cuz we have a stud freshman coming in.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                Banned
                • Feb 2007

Isn't winning the Oregon POY "bringing something to the table"?

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
                  Who scored 10 points in the first 4 or 5 minutes against Okie State, staking them to a lead they would never relinquish? Same guy that hit a huge 3 when the lead was down to 3 in the 2nd half. But that guy shouldn't play next year, cuz we have a stud freshman coming in.
                  I think you posted in the wrong thread, but anyway, who said Bell shouldn't play next year? You've created a false narrative. My point is 11 ppg a game and the fact that you completely disappear in 3-4 games a year, should not guarantee you a starting spot, especially when the best sg recruit we've had in years is coming in.

Comment

• SWZag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                    Isn't winning the Oregon POY "bringing something to the table"?
                    It's a great thing, don't get me wrong. But people are talking about hoping coach pays attention to a Frosh coming in as "Mr. Basketball" in Oregon, to replace a player who was "Mr Basketball" in Washington who has 3 years of starting D1 college basketball under his belt.

All I'm saying, is it's easy to give players too high of expectations, then then that person can do NOTHING right when they're here. Just use caution, that's all I'm saying.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                      I think you posted in the wrong thread, but anyway, who said Bell shouldn't play next year? You've created a false narrative. My point is 11 ppg a game and the fact that you completely disappear in 3-4 games a year, should not guarantee you a starting spot, especially when the best sg recruit we've had in years is coming in.
                      nothing against melson and i hope he's everything he's cracked up to be, but the zags best sg recruit in years is not melson...it's gary bell. you can argue if he's lived up to it or not. even steven gray was more highly touted than melson coming in...doesn't mean anything in the end.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2007

Fair enough, and very mature response.
                        It's a great thing, don't get me wrong. But people are talking about hoping coach pays attention to a Frosh coming in as "Mr. Basketball" in Oregon, to replace a player who was "Mr Basketball" in Washington who has 3 years of starting D1 college basketball under his belt.

All I'm saying, is it's easy to give players too high of expectations, then then that person can do NOTHING right when they're here. Just use caution, that's all I'm saying.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2007

I disagree completely, I am willing to almost guarantee that by SM's junior year, he will average more than 11 ppg in 33 mpg, but the cool thing is, we'll find out in a few years.
                          Originally posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
                          nothing against melson and i hope he's everything he's cracked up to be, but the zags best sg recruit in years is not melson...it's gary bell.

Comment

• webspinnre
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Look, I'm super excited to have Melson coming in, but winning an award in HS doesn't mean jack squat compared to performing in college. You've been beating this "bench GBJ" drum all night, and it's a bit over the top.
                            I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• seacatfan
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2014

Bell beat out Carter a few games into his freshman year. If Melson is good enough to earn a starting spot his freshman year, then great. I also hope Coleman gets a chance to play some meaningful minutes next year (but I'm not holding my breath). I think Bell has been a very good player for 3 years for GU and he's had a handful of GREAT games, including a couple in the NCAA Tourney. I'm looking forward to his Sr. year.

Comment

Working...
                              X