PDA

View Full Version : Great article on incoming recruits

adoptedzag
03-17-2014, 08:18 AM
http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2014-gonzaga-recruiting/2014/3/17/5512768/gonzaga-recruiting-newcomers-wiltjer-perkins-melson-alberts

Didn't see this posted anywhere, but its a nice blurb to read in the down-day before the NCAA 1st round kicks off tomorrow.

sittingon50
03-17-2014, 11:32 AM
Thanks.

ZagMan in Philly
03-17-2014, 11:46 AM
Nice to see Wiltjer working hard in the gym. He is going to be special next year.

DixieZag
03-17-2014, 11:58 AM
Everyone needs to read the linked article on Melson. Everyone.

I think it is kind of wrong to say one is "more excited" about one recruit or another, and those five stars hanging beside Perkins' name is enough to get the juices flowing in anyone. But, I am at least as excited about Melson.

"A 6'3" Terrence Ross" - According to the high school coach who has coached both of them? Scoring 36 pts in a hard fought game for a win over the no. 1 at the time ranked team? "Mostly quiet" except when it comes time to lead? Says his frosh year was down b/c seniors failed to lead, team had bad body language on and off court and bad practices? We're talkin' 'bout practice, man! And a high school kid is mature enough to complain about practice? We're talkin' 'bout practice? He wants Jefferson to be known as a good sports and academic school? Has now led his team to 2 straight state championships?

Come on! This guy doesn't exist, this' some recruiting joke dreamed up by Few, like some Sid Fynch story. (Look it up under 35 guys, April's coming.)

I am excited.

madness
03-17-2014, 12:20 PM
+1 Dixie...That article on Melson is amazing. Top player on the top team in Oregon going to Gonzaga.

Whatever happens on Friday, I'm already dreaming of the team's potential next year.

With that said...beat dem Cowboys.

cjm720
03-17-2014, 12:39 PM
good read.

beyond fundamentals and being good teammates, we desperately need dunkers....hypes up the crowd/team and humiliates the opponent. all things being equal, I'd take a dunker.

OZZY
03-17-2014, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the link, great article on Melson especially. Wasn't Smallwood mentioned at some stage as a potential recruit?

I still find it hard to fathom why so many think that Pangos is going to be replaced as the point guard by a freshman at some stage next year (barring his toe issue). The position is not just about athleticism and passing ability, it is also about understanding the system and having experience with your teamates (remember KP has played with Kyle before). IMHO as a healthy, senior and four year starter, Pangos would be one of the top 5 Point guards in NCAA D1 next year.

Zagdawg
03-17-2014, 02:27 PM
We have some great players coming in next year -- very excited to see them on the floor.

BobZag
03-17-2014, 04:37 PM
Niiice.