• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deathchina
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Mar 2007

Mark Few led Gonzaga seeding history

By my quick count....

Mark Few has played in 14 NCAA tournaments. (15 after this season's concludes)

Mark Few is 15-14 lifetime in the NCAA Tourney.

Average seed awarded is approximately 7.

He has beaten a higher seeded team 5 times.

He has lost to a higher seeded team 5 times.

I think we've been treated pretty fairly over the years by the committee.
  • adoptedzag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

We are the Dallas Cowboys of the NCAA. "America's team" that no one really likes except for a small sect of rabid fans, and roughly a .500 record over the last 15 years....

Comment

• gonzagafan62
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by adoptedzag View Post
      We are the Dallas Cowboys of the NCAA. "America's team" that no one really likes except for a small sect of rabid fans, and roughly a .500 record over the last 15 years....
      I am a Cowboys fan, but this is absolutely ridiculous. We win 80% of our games, the Cowboys don't.
      Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• krozman
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2008

Ugh what a horrible analogy that may happen to be true but please don't remind me.
        Krozman
        GU student 1996-2000
        Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

• TexasZagFan
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Huh? The Cowboys have exactly one post-season victory in the last 17 years. Pretty weak analogy IMO.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
            Huh? The Cowboys have exactly one post-season victory in the last 17 years. Pretty weak analogy IMO.
            +1
            Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• DZ
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2007

Few is also 12-3 in first round games - with many of those years being a sub 6 seed.

Of those 3 losses, the only first round loss to a BCS school was Indiana.

We have fed on mid-level BCS schools b/c I think most of them were trending down at the time (St. John's and WVU for example). I think a lot of that goes out the door this time b/c this team has a definite contributing cause to its 7 game losing streak - 4 were without Smart, and they started winning coming back. Their last three losses, including one to Kansas in the Big 12 championship were in OT. They also have a lottery pick. I don't this team (OSU) is a mid-level BCS school that is trending down.

I realize we were the defending champs of the Big 12 this year but I don't think this OSU team fits the mold.

Thank God Digger picked them for the championship game or we'd have no chance.
              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
              Mark Twain.

Comment

• Ezag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Critics usually pick against us (in last several years) and are usually right. Hopefully we can prove them wrong this year

Comment

• Zags11
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2008

I realize what he means. He isnt talking about regular season but march madness. We havent had a stirring run in years. We haven't upset the big dogs like past ghosts. We got our 1st number 1 seed and bounced in rd of 32. America loves us but at same time grumbles about us. We are the little engine that could, stuck around and just wins 1 and loses 1 more most part.

Thats why we beat ok st and az and we will capture the nation. Folks, by all pundits and some fans we are done come friday. Just like 99s team. So why not this team??

Comment

Working...
                  X