PDA

View Full Version : I'll take location (and region) over seed any and every year.

kclubfounder
03-16-2014, 05:33 PM
I am VERY disappointed that we are not at least a 6 seed. As the 18 RPI team that won it's conference (9th RPI conference) regular season AND the conference tournament I believe we deserve at least a 6 seed.

However, that being stated, I'm OK with what the committee did to us.

Lets face it. If we accomplish what we want to accomplish (a Final Four and/or an F'ing championship!) we are going to have to beat a bunch of really good teams. We are going to have to beat teams that are HOT going into the tournament. We are going to have to beat teams that GET HOT during the tournament. We are going to have to have lucky things happen.

Give me the west in the 1st weekend. Give me the west in the 2nd weekend. Give me San Diego followed by Anaheim. Please give me that going into the tournament because without officially knowing who will be hot DURING the tournament and without officially knowing who will go ICE COLD DURING the tournament, this is my best chance to advance.

This is what we earned by winning both the conference regular season and the conference tournament.

Lets hope it helps!

maynard g krebs
03-16-2014, 05:37 PM
Agree. My "other" team, the Ducks (yeah, I know, boo hiss) had a lot of fans #####ing about their 12 seed last year, but got San Jose and blew out 5 OSU and 4 St Louis. Getting the west is big.

As an aside, I just checked out the Okie St board and somebody mentioned they are 0-7 all time in NCAA's and NIT's played in the west.

Zag4Hire
03-16-2014, 05:44 PM
I am VERY disappointed that we are not at least a 6 seed. As the 18 RPI team that won it's conference (9th RPI conference) regular season AND the conference tournament I believe we deserve at least a 6 seed.

Lets face it. If we accomplish what we want to accomplish (a Final Four and/or an F'ing championship!) we are going to have to beat a bunch of really good teams. We are going to have to beat teams that are HOT going into the tournament. We are going to have to beat teams that GET HOT during the tournament. We are going to have to have lucky things happen.

Give me the west in the 1st weekend. Give me the west in the 2nd weekend. Give me San Diego followed by Anaheim. Please give me that going into the tournament because without officially knowing who will be hot DURING the tournament and without officially knowing who will go ICE COLD DURING the tournament, this is my best chance to advance.

This is what we earned by winning both the conference regular season and the conference tournament.

Lets hope it helps!

Easy. Not TOO far removed from last year's #1 seed flame job. However, yes, what it comes down to it, location does trump seed BUT matchup trumps both. Case in point, the Davidson matchup and the WVU matchup were not created equal as evident by there very different outcomes.

You talk about what we get for winning both regular season and conf tournament. Talk to Louisville.

It is a tough matchup but this team needs to feel the challenge and step up. Too many Wyomings & Nevadas in this stretch. Let's change the this up and make some history.

Go Zags!

thegloriousgoateeofKP
03-16-2014, 05:50 PM
Sure, we got the West. I'm glad we don't have to change time zones. However, Spokane and Stillwater are almost the exact same distance (1300 miles) from San Diego.

Oregonzagnut
03-16-2014, 05:52 PM
Lets hope all WCC, Pac-12, Big West and Mountain West fans will come out and root for us!

kclubfounder
03-16-2014, 05:54 PM
Easy. Not TOO far removed from last year's #1 seed flame job. However, yes, what it comes down to it, location does trump seed BUT matchup trumps both. Case in point, the Davidson matchup and the WVU matchup were not created equal as evident by there very different outcomes.

You talk about what we get for winning both regular season and conf tournament. Talk to Louisville.

It is a tough matchup but this team needs to feel the challenge and step up. Too many Wyomings & Nevadas in this stretch. Let's change the this up and make some history.

Go Zags!

Most thought Davidson was an easy matchup and WVU was a nightmare matchup.

So thanks for helping to prove my point!

And Louisville would play in Orlando followed by Indianapolis. So although Orlando isn't awesome, Indi is pretty dang good. But congrats on finding ONE semi-decent example.

Ezag
03-16-2014, 05:56 PM
Yup, we just need to win. Every year it's same talk, same result. "We got hard draw" = early exit, "We got good draw" = early exit. We are basically expected to get in the Big Dance every year and just as expected to bow out early, which we have lived up to recently.....Despite who we draw, how about just frickin' win, get to a final four and put the naysayers to rest. 16 straight years is a blessing and a curse in some ways.

willandi
03-16-2014, 06:02 PM
Sure, we got the West. I'm glad we don't have to change time zones. However, Spokane and Stillwater are almost the exact same distance (1300 miles) from San Diego.

But there are flights from Spokane to San Diego, and 6pm is 6pm. It's a little different from Stillwater. I doubt there is a through flight from KC to SD, and they lose 2 hours. Maybe we get the last game on Friday, and catch another break that way. It isn't much, but an edge is an edge.

Zag4Hire
03-16-2014, 06:11 PM
Most thought Davidson was an easy matchup and WVU was a nightmare matchup.

So thanks for helping to prove my point!

And Louisville would play in Orlando followed by Indianapolis. So although Orlando isn't awesome, Indi is pretty dang good. But congrats on finding ONE semi-decent example.

Actually the Davidson and WVU examples were proving my point. The seeding and location don't matter. The Davidson matchup was not sized up to be favorable but the WVU looked good on paper.

You are taking the wrong line. You said GU got jobbed on seeding. I didn't refer to location, I was referring to seeding. As with the stream of reaction nationally, Louisville got jobbed. The matchup isn't great but at least they got the West.

Reborn
03-16-2014, 06:14 PM
I agree 100%. I don't understand why everyone is freaking out about playing Oklahoma St. I remember when we beat them last year in there home arena, where they are very hard to beat, that I was saying to myself that I could hardly wait to play them out west. Gonzaga has a long history of playing Oklahoma ST, and have done well against them overall. I'll never forget the Adam Morrison shot in Seattle. I think Ok State will also be somewhat overconfident against us. I mean "who in America isn't overconfident about Ok State beating us. We have wanted to be the underdog all year long, and we are huge underdogs now. HUGE. So let's try to stay confident.

Go Zags!!!

Spike94
03-16-2014, 06:15 PM
I don't see much to complain about. We lost to K State and Memphis and they are both 8 and 9 seeds. I think we are where we belong and as a plus we stay out west. Go get em boys.

McZag
03-16-2014, 06:47 PM

Lets hope it helps!

This is the best thought process one can have regarding the tournament.

Final Fours are earned by teams that beat great teams. The sooner we play great teams the sooner we can beat them and reach the next milestones.

Vanzagger
03-16-2014, 08:13 PM
a lot of true