PDA

View Full Version : Bye Jamie

Angelo Roncalli
03-13-2014, 09:18 AM
No tears shed by me.

former1dog
03-13-2014, 09:25 AM
No news reports. You got an inside scoop?

SWZag
03-13-2014, 09:28 AM
Jamie Zaninovich?

GoZags
03-13-2014, 09:30 AM
Buh bye

jazzdelmar
03-13-2014, 09:32 AM
You mean he never got a chance to play god on Selection Sunday?

Angelo Roncalli
03-13-2014, 09:35 AM
Going to the Pac-10, vice commissioner and COO.

Birddog
03-13-2014, 09:37 AM
There's nothing on Dawn Central about this !

Birddog
03-13-2014, 09:39 AM
Effective when? and does this affect his position on the selection comm.? I have little or no affection for him, so the effect to me is rather positive.

UIZag
He halved his chances I would guess. Now he probably has to leave the room during discussion of Pac12 and WCC teams.

jazzdelmar
Failing upward.

Zagceo
03-13-2014, 09:41 AM
Effective when? and does this affect his position on the selection comm.?

https://twitter.com/WCC_Commish

hooter73
03-13-2014, 09:44 AM
Very ok with him not being the head honcho of fairness anymore... whenever it happens

Angelo Roncalli
03-13-2014, 09:44 AM
It's out:

Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel 31m

Wow. The Pac-12 has hired WCC commissioner Jamie Zaninovich to be deputy commish and COO. Kevin Weiberg, Larry Scott's No. 2, stepping down.

https://twitter.com/slmandel

KStyles
03-13-2014, 09:45 AM
Effective when? and does this affect his position on the selection comm.? I have little or no affection for him, so the effect to me is rather positive.

Walnut Creek, Calif. – Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott announced today that Jamie Zaninovich, West Coast Conference Commissioner, will become the Pac-12 Deputy Commissioner and Chief Operating Officer effective July 1, 2014. Zaninovich replaces Kevin Weiberg, who is stepping down at the end of this academic year after serving in the same role for the past four years.

http://pac-12.com/article/2014/03/13/pac-12-names-zaninovich-deputy-commissioner-and-chief-operating-officer

MTZag03
03-13-2014, 09:45 AM
Be careful what we wish for. Here's to hoping his replacement is better. No love lost here, but at least he was a known commodity.

former1dog
03-13-2014, 09:46 AM
Be careful what we wish for. Here's to hoping his replacement is better. No love lost here, but at least he was a known commodity.

Who might be the candidates?

Birddog
03-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Wow, he's one upping the "Peter Principle".
http://www.managementtraining-uk.co.uk/management-training-images/peter-principle.jpg

I guess the Pac 10 wanted his scheduling skills.

Angelo Roncalli
03-13-2014, 09:52 AM
Wow, he's one upping the "Peter Principle".
http://www.managementtraining-uk.co.uk/management-training-images/peter-principle.jpg

I guess the Pac 10 wanted his scheduling skills.

And proven ability to negotiate TV contracts that don't pay a damn thing.

Angelo Roncalli
03-13-2014, 10:04 AM
Who might be the candidates?

I nominate Dr. Ken Anderson.

http://www.gonzaga.edu/Academics/Colleges-and-Schools/School-of-Business-Administration/Faculty/MGMT/Anderson.asp

former1dog
03-13-2014, 10:12 AM

http://www.gonzaga.edu/Academics/Colleges-and-Schools/School-of-Business-Administration/Faculty/MGMT/Anderson.asp

Do you think Ken would be interested? He always seemed happy doing what he's doing.

Angelo Roncalli
03-13-2014, 10:31 AM
Do you think Ken would be interested? He always seemed happy doing what he's doing.

He'd be excellent. A superior manager. Lots of WCC experience and knowledge as a faculty rep. Former player. I don't know if he'd have any interest, but he's well-qualified.

former1dog
03-13-2014, 10:34 AM
He'd be excellent. A superior manager.

He better be!! :D LOL

I don't know if he'd have any interest, but he's well-qualified.

I've got no quarrel with that.

gamagin
03-13-2014, 10:34 AM
+1

THAT would be an excellent selection. Sports and business acumen. and one of my all time favorite (average athletes) Zags. He was Pendo years before pendo. I used to call him the human eraser. If you didn't happen to be watching, you could hear him screeching across the hardwood of the Kennedy/Martin/K1 on any given game. And know it was him by his unique sliding sound, usually accompanied by the sound of furniture breaking.

He broke more benches and upset more tables and had more road rash on his body from sliding out of bounds, or bowling over the middle of any game, than any player I had ever seen before Pendo and Hart came along.

GoZags
03-13-2014, 10:36 AM
He'd be excellent. A superior manager. Lots of WCC experience and knowledge as a faculty rep. Former player. I don't know if he'd have any interest, but he's well-qualified.

I met with Ken (Interim Dean - School of Business) last week and agree that he'd be great as Commish. Don't see the California members going for a GU Insider however. In the meantime the GU School of Business has a good one.

Section 116
03-13-2014, 10:39 AM
http://pac-12.com/article/2014/03/13/pac-12-names-zaninovich-deputy-commissioner-and-chief-operating-officer

Oops, missed your post KStyles sorry for the repeat

LongIslandZagFan
03-13-2014, 10:39 AM
I love Dr. K and think he'd be a great choice. Not sure he'd want to give up his current gig though.

former1dog
03-13-2014, 10:41 AM
I met with Ken (Interim Dean - School of Business) last week and agree that he'd be great as Commish. Don't see the California members going for a GU Insider however. In the meantime the GU School of Business has a good one.

I rather he take over permanently for Bud Barnes now that I really think about it. He deserves it and it would be in the best interest of Gonzaga. Especially considering how well respected he is amongst Alumni and the student body.

GoZags
03-13-2014, 10:45 AM
I rather he take over permanently for Bud Barnes now that I really think about it. He deserves it and it would be in the best interest of Gonzaga. Especially considering how well respected he is amongst Alumni and the student body.

As I like to say in recruiting and life, "Nothing is in the bag until it is in the bag" but Ken has gone from "Acting" Dean to "Interim" Dean.

I too believe it is in Gonzaga's best interests to have him as Dean.

former1dog
03-13-2014, 10:52 AM
As I like to say in recruiting and life, "Nothing is in the bag until it is in the bag" but Ken has gone from "Acting" Dean to "Interim" Dean.

I too believe it is in Gonzaga's best interests to have him as Dean.

I'm glad you brought it up because I honestly wasn't aware of any of this except that Bud had retired.

I'm going to send an email to Thayne expressing my support.

Angelo Roncalli
03-13-2014, 10:53 AM
I completely agree that the best thing for GU is for Dr. A to remain in the school of business.

Another I would like to see considered is Dan Beebe, former commissioner of the Big 12. He's a Pacific Northwest guy, having played football at Walla Walla Community College.

rennis
03-13-2014, 11:09 AM

He is a rockstar in my books. Too good for that job.

TexasZagFan
03-13-2014, 11:11 AM
I'm glad you brought it up because I honestly wasn't aware of any of this except that Bud had retired.

I'm going to send an email to Thayne expressing my support.

Dr. Barnes has retired? That really makes me feel old, considering he had started teaching at GU while I was there. I was never a student of his, as I was too busy with my accounting courses, and trying to pass Dr. Graue's econ classes.

Kiddwell
03-13-2014, 11:40 AM
Excuse Kiddwell's ignorance, but why is the WCC's present commish disliked? What'd he do (or fail to do)?

:]

willandi
03-13-2014, 11:44 AM
Going to the Pac-10, vice commissioner and COO.

Maybe he can convince them to expand to 12 teams!?!

Angelo Roncalli
03-13-2014, 11:49 AM
Maybe he can convince them to expand to 12 teams!?!

You think UW and WSU are teams? :)

willandi
03-13-2014, 11:49 AM
You think UW and WSU are teams? :)

Good one! LOL

hondo
03-13-2014, 12:41 PM
Hope he has better luck with scheduling in the future.

GoZags
03-13-2014, 12:49 PM
Dr. Barnes has retired? That really makes me feel old, considering he had started teaching at GU while I was there. I was never a student of his, as I was too busy with my accounting courses, and trying to pass Dr. Graue's econ classes.

Dean Barnes had the longest running tenure of any School of Business Dean in the nation, and while he's stepped down as Dean he's still teaching a couple of classes at Gonzaga. His first year at Gonzaga as a Professor was my first year there as a student.

Ken Anderson was "Acting" Dean last year when Bud went to Florence to teach ... and it was that experience, teaching kids, that prompted Bud to step away from being Dean and getting back into the classroom (albeit not full time in the classroom).

Speaking of the good Dr. Graue .... hard to believe one of my favorite teachers was born in 1895. He'd be 119 if he was alive today. Now do you feel even older?

Mantua
03-13-2014, 02:52 PM
Ken Anderson never stops working! He's my dream choice. Is there a chance?

Once and Future Zag
03-13-2014, 04:06 PM
Excuse Kiddwell's ignorance, but why is the WCC's present commish disliked? What'd he do (or fail to do)?

:]

I keep asking the same thing - and aside from this year's scheduling fiasco, the WCC has been on a constant rise since he took over.

The successful Vegas tournament change, Multiple NCAA berths, adding two solid conference members...

He's well respected nationally (was on the short list for the Big East commish) and on the NCAA tourney committee.

Better than the bland Gilleran whom he took over the job from, from where I sit.

Zag 77
03-13-2014, 04:09 PM
Assignment #1 for the new Commish. Even Larry, Moe & Curly could have done a better job scheduling than what we got.

SWZag
03-13-2014, 05:10 PM
I'd kind of like know the thing that some have with Jamie. I am one in the dark, I guess.

Oregonzagnut
03-13-2014, 07:13 PM
Here is a cool ESPN video on Jamie.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/champweek2014/story/_/id/10584635/inside-mind-member-ncaa-men-basketball-tournament-selection-committee

CB4
03-13-2014, 07:18 PM
Personally, I'd like to see an outside take the new WCC position. Someone involved in college athletics from the East Coast, Texas, or the South. I think someone with an objective perspective on things would do wonders for the conference.

Zag 77
03-13-2014, 08:32 PM
Frankly I do not know that Jamie Z is disliked per se. He is the face of the WCC, and so all of our irritation with the way GU has been treated over the years gets fixed on him. GU has been a huge cash cow for the WCC, and some of us would like to see the CA schools kiss our butts a little bit more in gratitude. I think Z did help us in some ways with the siting of the WCC Tournament, but he has been unwilling to publically take positions in opposition to the USF's and SCU's that resent the country bumpkins from GU, and their replacing the "cultured powers" of the past.

TexasZagFan
03-14-2014, 05:03 AM
Dean Barnes had the longest running tenure of any School of Business Dean in the nation, and while he's stepped down as Dean he's still teaching a couple of classes at Gonzaga. His first year at Gonzaga as a Professor was my first year there as a student.

Ken Anderson was "Acting" Dean last year when Bud went to Florence to teach ... and it was that experience, teaching kids, that prompted Bud to step away from being Dean and getting back into the classroom (albeit not full time in the classroom).

Speaking of the good Dr. Graue .... hard to believe one of my favorite teachers was born in 1895. He'd be 119 if he was alive today. Now do you feel even older?

Better yet...he earned his PHD from Cornell in 1926...a year before my mother and father were born.

Dr. Graue was an amazing man. He was my faculty advisor my first two years. From Day 1, he pushed me to change my major from Management to Public Accounting. Glad I eventually took that advice.

The Army, in their infinite wisdom, placed me in Air Defense Artillery instead of Finance Corps. As a 26 YO First Lieutenant, I was handed the position of Battalion Supply Officer, a job perfectly slotted for one with a Public Accounting degree. The education I received courtesy of Dr. Graue and Dr. Brajcich (and others) prepared me superbly for this job.

I was in Germany before VCRs were reasonably priced: remember the $50 videos? Living 12 miles off base, I basically went without TV for four years, and it was easier than one would expect. Of course, there were plenty of things to do and see while living in a small town on the Mosel River.

How old do I feel today? Damn, that's a good question, GZ. I don't recognize the geezer that stares back at me from the mirror, and my 12YO son and 3YO grandson are a challenge to keep up with. Nathan displays the same passion for his teams that his old man does, and that applies to Zag basketball. He took the losses in Wichita and Memphis tougher than I did, but he rebounded quickly.

In less than two months, I hit the big 6-0. Now that the weather is finally returning to normal, I'm back in training for the big day. I'll be walking the Campion Trail in Irving (I quit running the day I left the Army), a beautiful walking/biking trail that runs along the Trinity River, with a couple of historical markers noting where wagon trains crossed the Trinity on their trek to California in the 1850s. Starting from my house, the round trip is about 15 miles. The only dangerous part of the Trail are the Lance Armstrong wanna-bes. :lmao:

kitzbuel
03-14-2014, 06:10 AM
Frankly I do not know that Jamie Z is disliked per se. He is the face of the WCC, and so all of our irritation with the way GU has been treated over the years gets fixed on him. GU has been a huge cash cow for the WCC, and some of us would like to see the CA schools kiss our butts a little bit more in gratitude. I think Z did help us in some ways with the siting of the WCC Tournament, but he has been unwilling to publically take positions in opposition to the USF's and SCU's that resent the country bumpkins from GU, and their replacing the "cultured powers" of the past.
I think this is a good take. I give Z 'A's for getting the WCC tournament to Vegas, bringing in BYU.

The jury is still out on Pacific. From our perspective, they did not change the conference competitive profile at all and moved the conference center of gravity more firmly to the Bay area. The schedule this year was a bit of a fiasco; maybe he needed to focus there more instead of interviewing.

Dan Bebee is another very interesting option. He has good ties with the Big East as well which would help if the WCC wants to cement some sort of relationship with them.

Cush
03-14-2014, 02:10 PM
I find the animosity rather bizarre. Personally, I think this is (potentially) bad for the WCC.

Here is some of what Jamie brought to the table for the WCC:

1. BYU. A formidable opponent that has been a consistent performer at the national level, historically. A basketball program that is well-funded, well-supported, and a team we will probably be able to count on each year to bring a competitive team with a strong strength of schedule. Nobody benefited from this move more than Gonzaga. For many schools, this move meant 2-3 more losses each year. For Gonzaga, this year alone, it means two top 50 RPI wins.

2. Tournament in Vegas. More seats, neutral site, fair (location-wise) for all teams. This move has set tournament records for revenue.

3. WCC TV. You can now watch virtually every WCC basketball game online, a Gonzaga vs. LMU soccer game online in the middle of the season, or you can see any number of the WCC championship events from baseball to cross country, and they are archived online. You can find great media coverage on the WCC youtube channel, with in-depth interviews with players and coaches, and WCC plays of the week (all sports).

4. Incentives for more competitive schedules.

5. He created a strategic vision when he began his tenure, and for the most part we have all seen the WCC grow in very positive ways.

Is there something I don't know about Jamie that he did to hurt Gonzaga or the conference? Does the griping really come down to our schedule wasn't ideal this year? Or that internet trolls at USF and Santa Clara don't kiss our butt? Personally, I just hope the next commissioner has vision, adapts with the ever-changing college landscape, and continues to attempt to elevate the overall visibility of the conference across all the sports, which is something I think Jamie did. Jamie left the WCC much better than what he started with.

former1dog
03-14-2014, 02:44 PM
I find the animosity rather bizarre. Personally, I think this is (potentially) bad for the WCC.

Here is some of what Jamie brought to the table for the WCC:

1. BYU. A formidable opponent that has been a consistent performer at the national level, historically. A basketball program that is well-funded, well-supported, and a team we will probably be able to count on each year to bring a competitive team with a strong strength of schedule. Nobody benefited from this move more than Gonzaga. For many schools, this move meant 2-3 more losses each year. For Gonzaga, this year alone, it means two top 50 RPI wins.

2. Tournament in Vegas. More seats, neutral site, fair (location-wise) for all teams. This move has set tournament records for revenue.

3. WCC TV. You can now watch virtually every WCC basketball game online, a Gonzaga vs. LMU soccer game online in the middle of the season, or you can see any number of the WCC championship events from baseball to cross country, and they are archived online. You can find great media coverage on the WCC youtube channel, with in-depth interviews with players and coaches, and WCC plays of the week (all sports).

4. Incentives for more competitive schedules.

5. He created a strategic vision when he began his tenure, and for the most part we have all seen the WCC grow in very positive ways.

Is there something I don't know about Jamie that he did to hurt Gonzaga or the conference? Does the griping really come down to our schedule wasn't ideal this year? Or that internet trolls at USF and Santa Clara don't kiss our butt? Personally, I just hope the next commissioner has vision, adapts with the ever-changing college landscape, and continues to attempt to elevate the overall visibility of the conference across all the sports, which is something I think Jamie did. Jamie left the WCC much better than what he started with.

All good points.

The schedule did suck, though ;)

Oregonzagnut
03-14-2014, 03:49 PM
All good points.

The schedule did suck, though ;)

What surprised me the most is Fews quote was something like "When we received our schedule, we just had to deal with it".

How can Gonzaga's or anyones schedule be left entirely to someone else's discretion? Don't the AD's of each schools get to challenge or veto it if they have protests? Did Few protest it? Our students got robbed of at least 2 home games, and if it was me, I would skip a thursday game during Christmas break and squeeze it in later so there was only one missed home game for the students.

To my knowledge, tent city wasn't even needed this year. Our staff needs to take control rather than be controlled. this is why I think Zaninovich is questioned for his neutrality. Gonzaga's schedule was not in our favor this year. Not even neutral. It bit the big one. I'd like to know if Few wanted it that way to toughen us up or if he really was that "hands off" and every school is "handed" their schedule, like it or not.

Zagdawg
03-14-2014, 04:19 PM
Portlands was worse-- I am sure a number of WCC schools complained about it-- it doesn't sound like it helped.

LongIslandZagFan
03-14-2014, 04:40 PM
To be honest, outside of GU's schedule this year, I have not seen a single viable reason to justify the dislike of Jamie.

TheW... while not universally appreciated in PNW... is a godsend for those of us who can't watch the games on broadcast television.
Before he came on... this board was always moaning about the tourney location... he moved it to a neutral site, made it a money maker for the conference. That is a win for GU and WCC.
Before he came on... outside some of GU's games, hardly any conference games were on ESPN. Now there are several non-GU games on ESPN. That is a win for GU and WCC.
Before he came on... many in the conference loaded up on easy games to inflate their records. Now there is incentive to toughen up the schedules which is a win for GU's RPI and the conference RPI.

OK, so having some big games with no students sucks... and yes this year's schedule didn't win anyone over. But if that is the basis for the hate, I don't see it.

Is it that he made a deal with ESPN which cut into the GU contract with Fox? IMHO... games on ESPN networks > those on Fox networks.

Funny, the one GU guy that people offer up as his replacement will tell you that losing Jamie is a huge loss for the conference.

Zagdawg
03-14-2014, 05:17 PM
Some of the changes that have been put in place to enhance the WCC coffers have been beneficial to the Zags-- but others have not been some much help or even detrimental.

The recent addition of Pacific, the reformat of the WCC tournament to enhance the lower seeds chances to win and the scheduling snafu on his watch are what have caused much of the disdain toward him.

Hopefully whoever takes his place will look at the enhancement of WCC basketball as a whole rather than rewarding some of the lower end of the conference.

Chicken Ball
03-14-2014, 05:32 PM
To be honest, outside of GU's schedule this year, I have not seen a single viable reason to justify the dislike of Jamie.

TheW... while not universally appreciated in PNW... is a godsend for those of us who can't watch the games on broadcast television.
Before he came on... this board was always moaning about the tourney location... he moved it to a neutral site, made it a money maker for the conference. That is a win for GU and WCC.
Before he came on... outside some of GU's games, hardly any conference games were on ESPN. Now there are several non-GU games on ESPN. That is a win for GU and WCC.
Before he came on... many in the conference loaded up on easy games to inflate their records. Now there is incentive to toughen up the schedules which is a win for GU's RPI and the conference RPI.

OK, so having some big games with no students sucks... and yes this year's schedule didn't win anyone over. But if that is the basis for the hate, I don't see it.

Is it that he made a deal with ESPN which cut into the GU contract with Fox? IMHO... games on ESPN networks > those on Fox networks.

Funny, the one GU guy that people offer up as his replacement will tell you that losing Jamie is a huge loss for the conference.

+1

webspinnre
03-14-2014, 07:41 PM
While there may be some things that haven't been ideal, overall he's done an excellent job of raising the overall profile of the conference (which of course is why other conferences have been considering hiring him).

LongIslandZagFan
03-14-2014, 07:55 PM
Some of the changes that have been put in place to enhance the WCC coffers have been beneficial to the Zags-- but others have not been some much help or even detrimental.

The recent addition of Pacific, the reformat of the WCC tournament to enhance the lower seeds chances to win and the scheduling snafu on his watch are what have caused much of the disdain toward him.

Hopefully whoever takes his place will look at the enhancement of WCC basketball as a whole rather than rewarding some of the lower end of the conference.

I will still go back to the fact that he greatly enhanced the profile of the conference and had the cajones to stand up the cali schools and move the tourney to neutral site. Protected seeds or not it was for the better. Funny, everyone hops on Pacific but blows off the fact that he got BYU into the fold. I'd gather to say that taken together it was a net gain.

Oregonzagnut
03-14-2014, 09:14 PM
I will still go back to the fact that he greatly enhanced the profile of the conference and had the cajones to stand up the cali schools and move the tourney to neutral site. Protected seeds or not it was for the better. Funny, everyone hops on Pacific but blows off the fact that he got BYU into the fold. I'd gather to say that taken together it was a net gain.

I think the tendency to dislike Zaninovich is based on peoples human nature to be suspicious of commissioners no matter what. Everyone hates Gonzaga....Right? But every fan probably wonders how JZ helps or hinders their school. Plus Zaninovich hasn't directly promoted Gonzaga publicly so his intentions are ambiguous. So we automatically think he must be helping California behind the scenes. As LIZF said, JZ clearly improved the WCC and helped Gonzaga big time by going to neutral site Las Vegas. Who knows how long the Vegas tourney will last but you can bet the Cali schools want control back. Having Pacific doesn't help that vote either if it comes down to it in future years. How many times did Gonzaga ever host the Tournament? 2-3 times, max?

Plus, the BYU and Pacific additions may be a great evolutionary leap for the WCC to bring in a different gene pool of different playing styles and recruiting from those different conferences. New blood is always good and BYU is a power school no matter what conference they are affiliated with.

Now we get to wonder if Jamie will use the Pac 12 against us to muscle away the WCC's decent TV coverage, up-trending recruiting and status of West Coast strength.

RenoZag
03-14-2014, 09:20 PM
Another stuffed shirt leaves the WCC. BFD. Can only hope he takes that worthless toad Dave Libbey with him.

a13coach
03-14-2014, 10:09 PM
I will say that the BYU addition fell in his lap. BYU was looking to jump ship in order for their football to go indie. IIRC they got a pretty good deal-kind of a no lose for them. I am glad the tourney went to a neutral site but that was a compromise as the Bay schools wanted to be fair and they were not about to go through another round of each school getting a chance to host. Remember it was quite advantageous for GU to host one year and then UoP host the next. Then the next year USD got to host and beat GU on their home court for the championship. With pressure applied by GU and a good argument to counter the "well since GU fans travel well so it should not matter where it is held" mantra coming from the WCC offices and a few other schools, Jamie had no choice to find a neutral site. The kudos goes to him for finding a good venue for the conference not too big not too small.

But JZ has been looking to move on for the past couple of years. I never got the feeling that his heart was in it and viewed the WCC as merely a stepping stone. I don't blame him for wanting to move on up but what I do not care for is him taking too much credit for things that were either forced upon him (the neutral site move) or just being in the right place at the right time (BYU addition).

With his office in the Bay Area it was easy for meetings with the Bay schools and a lot of decisions seemed very Bay-centric. Most obvious was the scheduling foo bar this season and then instead of taking responsibility for it he passes on to the hired scheduling company (come on you mean he did not have "veto" powers or the ability to peruse it before hand and say this is not good enough re-do it?).

bigblahla
03-15-2014, 06:53 AM
My biggest gripe other than he was always looking for another job...was butts in the seats. As someone who has spent almost his entire business life in marketing it is unfathomable to me that when I watch games on the tube at USD, USF, SCU, LMU, Pepperdine, Pacific and Portland there is virtually no one there unless GU or BYU are visiting.

Cart in front of the horse, I think not. Yes, win and they will come however butts in the seats can be done without winning but only if you try. In Z-Mans tenure I do not remember anything he did, tried or put in place to solve the issue for the brethren. Basketball is the premier sport of the WCC...the money maker and for me not coming up with anything to even try to make it better is the only thing I'll remember about Z-Man.

Seems to me the move to Vegas was already in motion when Z-man took over...could be wrong but that's the way I remember it.

Hopefully attendance for games will be addressed by the new WCC commissioner.

Just my opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!