PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Coach Mark Few!

wnczagfan
03-12-2014, 05:37 AM
Congratulations to Coach Mark Few on yet another WCC Championship and another trip to the NCAA tournament!

He recruits such great kids, and molds them into a team that we are always proud of! Well done!

gonzagafan62
03-12-2014, 06:07 AM
The streak is alive and well!

Hoopaholic
03-12-2014, 06:12 AM
we are blessed to have such a great coaching staff who demand the team does things the right way both on and off the court....Thank you Coach Few for your leadership

Reborn
03-12-2014, 06:31 AM
Coach of the year, in my opinion. That was a great game plan we saw last night. I really liked how he played the bench in the first half. Many coaches would not have played Edwards or Nunez. Few did. I think it was his way of thanking them for the great games they had when Sam and Gary were injured. And I love how much he played Barham, for the same reason. And he has he played Barham a lot in last few weeks. Barham was perhaps our main contributer during that period of time. Few managed to merge that team (that played so well in the absence of Gary and Sam) with Sam and Gary when they came back. I was really happy to see Edwards get playing time.

congrats Mark Few and staff...but it ain't over yet.

Go Zags!!!

Zags11
03-12-2014, 07:15 AM
+1

former1dog
03-12-2014, 08:06 AM
Funny story. Last night I was complaining to the TV about how Few was slowing the game down and running clock with 4 minutes left in the game and my wife comments, "You do realize you're just some dude sitting on the couch criticizing a coach who has won like 80% of his games." All I could do was laugh.

Birddog
03-12-2014, 08:07 AM
Mr 401 and in an off year!

scott257
03-12-2014, 08:12 AM
Funny story. Last night I was complaining to the TV about how Few was slowing the game down and running clock with 4 minutes left in the game and my wife comments, "You do realize you're just some dude sitting on the couch criticizing a coach who has won like 80% of his games." All I could do was laugh.

I know. I get the same thing. Of course I am lucky if the dog pays attention so it's no surprise that Mark Few isn't calling me to ask for advice.

hondo
03-12-2014, 08:23 AM
The most remarkable thing in my opinion is the way the Zags finished the season. Seven straight road games and they stumbled at the start of that stretch. In my experience teams do not usually improve on road stretches. Things usually go from bad to worse. To the credit of Mark and staff and team they were able to use a couple of loses as a spring board to vastly improve and they did it on the road.

gonzagafan62
03-12-2014, 08:26 AM
Jerry Palm tweet

Stop me if you've heard this before: Gonzaga is the WCC champ. #nearlyeveryyear

former1dog
03-12-2014, 08:28 AM
The most remarkable thing in my opinion is the way the Zags finished the season. Seven straight road games and they stumbled at the start of that stretch. In my experience teams do not usually improve on road stretches. Things usually go from bad to worse. To the credit of Mark and staff and team they were able to use a couple of loses as a spring board to vastly improve and they did it on the road.

One of the interesting things about Coach Few is that he seems to do his best work when the circumstances are at their worst.

Obviously this season with the injuries and the season ending jackass scheduling is a great example. I also remember the season where Heytvelt made his unfortunate decision that got him suspended. That year was an example of true back against the wall coaching as our undermanned team won the WCC tournament knowing that was truly the only avenue to March Madness.

AlwaysZagFan
03-12-2014, 11:08 AM
CONGRATULATIONS to Coach Few, the Assistant Coaches, and Staff for a great season to date! We are proud of all of the players with their grit and determination! We're so happy for all of them and their families.

rennis
03-12-2014, 11:20 AM
Amazing achievement. hard to find good comparisons, but just just imagine if your favorite NFL or NCAA football team won their conference or division 12 out of the last 14 years, and made 16 straight post-season appearances? We are spoiled. Rotten.

Zagdawg
03-12-2014, 11:24 AM
Congrats on a solid season-- let's keep it going.

How come I always have a difficult time locating Jazzes posts in these positive threads? ;)

Go Zags