X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LongIslandZagFan
    • Feb 2007

BYU/SF game and other thoughts

Was it just me or did it seem like BYU was playing even more thuggish than usual last night. There were a few non-calls last night that actually blew my mind with USF players getting slammed to the ground. Expect an ugly and overly physical game tonight.

Also... please... someone tell Collinsworth that his hair style is just plain ugly. The whole mullet/buzzcut hybrid isn't workin'.

"And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death
  • GlacierZag
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2013

Maybe Gottlieb's tweet which has been deleted wasn't so bad after all.

--------
    Doug Gottlieb on Rex Walters 6 13
    Doug Gottlieb
    ‏@GottliebShow
    Instead of OT, Rex Walters will gather the teams at mid court and make the teams fight to the death…#CodyDoolin

Comment

• cjm720
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

Refs definitely let them play. Fun game to watch...Collinsworth might be the most complete player in the conference.

I really dislike the BYU fans!
      Go Zags!!!

Comment

• JoeZag
        Bulldog Fan
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by cjm720 View Post
        Refs definitely let them play. Fun game to watch...Collinsworth might be the most complete player in the conference.

Completely agree on all counts. A Gaels fan gave us his court side seats and from that view you can see just how physical the game was being allowed to be played. We sat next to some USF fans who were excitable but gracious. The BYU fans directly behind us, on the other hand, were completely annoying and obnoxious! One lady kept cackling like a witch and mixed that with Afghani-like war cries; my ears still hurt. I hope we don't have to sit by any BYU fans tonight! Collinsworth is the real deal but Carlino got hot for a short stretch to get them going and Haws sealed the deal. Their bigs do almost nothing except rebound. Should be a great game!
        Colorado Zag Fan

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
          • Feb 2007

Note... I completely agree... but man... his haircut is damn distracting. It actually keeps me from liking him. It just lacks style on many levels. If he were a Zag, I'd be a happy guy... so long as his teammates set him straight... style-wise.
          "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GlacierZag View Post
            Maybe Gottlieb's tweet which has been deleted wasn't so bad after all.

--------
            Doug Gottlieb on Rex Walters 6 13
            Doug Gottlieb
            ‏@GottliebShow
            Instead of OT, Rex Walters will gather the teams at mid court and make the teams fight to the death…#CodyDoolin

Wow... that is a tweet of awesomeness. Well played Doug... well played.

Comment

• hooter73
              Zag for Life
              • Jun 2008

Quite honestly Im expecting to see either a brawl or someone get hurt tonight after watching how BYU played against the Dons. Really NOT looking forward to this game for that reason.

Comment

• sittingon50
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

We'll see, but if it becomes a toughness issue, I like our guys.
                But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• kyle dixon
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2007

Player

If you look close enough, it appears that Haws is taking after Collinsworth a bit with the hair. It is spreading like wild fire.

Comment

• seacatfan
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by JoeZag View Post
                    One lady kept cackling like a witch and mixed that with Afghani-like war cries; my ears still hurt.
                    I call that the screaming banshee. Somehow there seems to be one at every game that you can distinctly hear on TV. Always sounds the same. I wonder how she manages to make it to so many games across the country each season.

Comment

• Baldwinzag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Agreed. He's been a life-savior for BYU this season -- single handidly beating LMU and many other games for them.

I envision Kyle Collingsworth as a naturally stronger, more aggressive version of Dranginis. Both very complete players who fill-up stat sheets at a high level.

Typically, KC is effective vs Zags since we are forced to defend him with either 6'1" Pangos or 5'10" Stocks given match-ups.

BYU's backcourt height is a source of concern, imo.

Hopefully we see some creative defenses tonight.
                      “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

• seacatfan
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2014

If Collinsworth shaved it a little closer on top he could be rocking a skullet.

Is it even possible BYU is dirtier this year than last year without the services of that football thug Kafusi?

Comment

• Reborn
                          Zag for Life
                          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by hooter73 View Post
                          Quite honestly Im expecting to see either a brawl or someone get hurt tonight after watching how BYU played against the Dons. Really NOT looking forward to this game for that reason.
                          Oh, oh, oh I hope so. I hope they want to play tough ball with the Zags because to me there are not 3 tougher guards then Bell, Pangos and Stockton. I love it when Stocks goes chest to chest with some 6' 9" beast. lol

Mika is one guy who thinks he's a thug, oh and Carlino too. Let 'em come out wanting to fight because to their great surprise the Zags will be wearing brass knuckles.

Go Zags!!!
                          Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X