PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

zagfan1970
03-10-2014, 03:56 PM
My wish at this point, based on bracketology, is for Gonzaga to earn an 8-9 Seed in the region where Witchita State is the 1 Seed. What sweet revenge it would be to give them their 1st loss.
The most common seed I have seen for the Zags are 8-9's, so it wouldn't take much to set up this matchup as WSU has virtually locked up a 1 Seed. This gives us at worst a 1/4 chance.

Here's to sweet revenge!

Club Prez
03-10-2014, 04:03 PM
I am not much into revenge. It means the loss has been simmering inside of me since last year, which means I have been holding on to that negativity. I just let it go once the game was over and moved on.

I would much rather have a 7 or 10 seed against a 2 seed. Zags have done well in that situation in the past.

wnczagfan
03-10-2014, 04:05 PM
http://cdnl.complex.com/mp/620/400/80/0/bb/1/ffffff/932b1474db1350c17397eb707587e4a3/images_/assets/CHANNEL_IMAGES/SPORTS/2013/03/wichita.jpg

It's just you.

zag944
03-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Let's just go out to win tonight so we aren't playing a 6 or another member of the new "First Round".

Oregonzagnut
03-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Not sure if the selection committee would smile or frown on setting up that rematch.

kclubfounder
03-10-2014, 04:24 PM
I'd prefer to win the next 2 and earn a 6 in San Diego.

But if it must be an 8/9, then I absolutely agree.

maynard g krebs
03-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Much rather see Arizona in SD in the second round than Wichita in their home state given a choice of 8/9 locations.

seacatfan
03-10-2014, 04:40 PM
Much rather see Arizona in SD in the second round than Wichita in their home state given a choice of 8/9 locations.

I'm sorry, but I don't think that's what any Zags fan should be wanting. Arizona would have a ton of fans in San Diego and this years Cats would destroy this years Zags most likely. Dont think GU wants any part of Wichita St. either. I'm all for avoiding an 8/9 seed and thus no 2nd round matchup with a #1 seed.

ZAGGED OUT
03-10-2014, 04:48 PM
I don't think the Cats would destroy us without Ashley. It's not my ideal matchup, nor one I'd ask for, but if we had to I think we could make a game of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobZag
03-10-2014, 04:51 PM
A 10 or 11 seed is better, imo, than an 8 or 9 seed. Don't see better than a 7 seed for GU. Revenge and grudges are exercises in futility, that's my own personal view.

maynard g krebs
03-10-2014, 04:55 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't think that's what any Zags fan should be wanting. Arizona would have a ton of fans in San Diego and this years Cats would destroy this years Zags most likely. Dont think GU wants any part of Wichita St. either. I'm all for avoiding an 8/9 seed and thus no 2nd round matchup with a #1 seed.

Agree better to avoid 8/9, just saying I'd prefer SD to KC. WCC town, Zags would get much more support there than in KC. And Cats aren't the same w/o Ashley. They defend and rebound, but about as poor an offensive team as there is as a 1 seed now. Did you watch their game with the Ducks last week? Ducks have struggled on D all yr and held Cats to 57. (Only two teams have scored fewer on the Ducks this yr, Washington State and Utah Valley). IMO GU_UA would be a close, low scoring game and Zags could win if they hit 7 or 8 3's.

I'd be interested in why you think they'd destroy the Zags.

CdAZagFan
03-10-2014, 04:59 PM
First Choice: Anything but an 8/9 seed. But if we are an 8/9 then yes, would like to see a rematch of last year with the roles reversed...

seacatfan
03-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Agree better to avoid 8/9, just saying I'd prefer SD to KC. WCC town, Zags would get much more support there than in KC. And Cats aren't the same w/o Ashley. They defend and rebound, but about as poor an offensive team as there is as a 1 seed now. Did you watch their game with the Ducks last week? Ducks have struggled on D all yr and held Cats to 57. (Only two teams have scored fewer on the Ducks this yr, Washington State and Utah Valley). IMO GU_UA would be a close, low scoring game and Zags could win if they hit 7 or 8 3's.

I'd be interested in why you think they'd destroy the Zags.

I just think it's a really bad matchup. They are SOOOO much better than anyone GU has played this year, let alone beaten. They have size, length and athleticism. They play great defense. Overall they aren't a particularly good shooting team, but have a number of guys that can hit the 3 and occasionally get hot. The Oregon game was ugly, but prior to that they scored 88, 87, 79 and 74. They can force TO's and get out on the break, score easy buckets in a hurry and put a big run on a team. They have definitely struggled on offense at times (that started prior to Ashley's injury, most people don't realize that and attribute it entirely to the injury), but so has Florida and they seem to be the odds on favorite to win the Title. They've started a 3 guard lineup recently, but their 3 are a bit bigger than GU's. And the first guy off the bench is a long armed, very athletic 6-7 guy that would just KILL the Zags on the offensive glass. Speaking of struggling on offense, the Zags have certainly done that some recently, playing against WCC teams that don't have anywhere near the personnel or defensive ability that Arizona does.

cggonzaga
03-10-2014, 06:10 PM
I think it's funny you guys think it really matters. I'd be shocked if we won a game in the tournament. This team is boring.

BTB
03-10-2014, 06:21 PM
I think it's funny you guys think it really matters. I'd be shocked if we won a game in the tournament. This team is boring.

Ha, to each his own I guess. This is my favorite Zag team since Pargo was here and maybe beyond!

Pleasant Peninsula
03-10-2014, 07:18 PM
7 seed, at worst, if we win tomorrow night. Give me Villanova/Creighton in the 2nd round... That would be a case of Greek meeting Greek.

CdAZagFan
03-10-2014, 07:39 PM
Ha, to each his own I guess. This is my favorite Zag team since Pargo was here and maybe beyond!

Yes, this team is definitely more interesting than others to me. We saw a brief glimpse at SMC of just how good they can be on the road when shooting well and playing good defense. If they do that in the tournament they may get a couple of games...

Hoopaholic
03-10-2014, 07:42 PM
I love this team, when they are clicking they have a little of everything and solid role players difficult to defend against and our defense is much much improved

Club Prez
03-10-2014, 07:44 PM
This team is boring.

Zag ball is never boring to me. Even after following it for 36 years.