• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gonstu
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Unsubstantiated Rumor Alert - 2014 Schedule

My dad says he saw UCLA Mens team in airport this past weekend, struck up a conversation w/ an "assistant coach" who said they are playing Zags in L.A. next year. Anyone heard anything about this?
  • Kiddwell
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

The Weeners of Westwood? Really?

Preseason tourney? On a similar note, wouldn't it be awesome for the Zags to play Indiana?????

:]

<...hee, hee, hee...>
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• cjm720
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

payback
      Go Zags!!!

Comment

• exclusivelee
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Kiddwell View Post
        Preseason tourney?
        UCLA is scheduled to be in the Battle 4 Atlantis

Gonzaga will be in the NIT Season Tipoff as 1 of the 4 hosts
        Other 3 hosts: Minnesota, St. John's, Georgia

Comment

• gonzagafan62
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by exclusivelee View Post
          UCLA is scheduled to be in the Battle 4 Atlantis

Gonzaga will be in the NIT Season Tipoff as 1 of the 4 hosts
          Other 3 hosts: Minnesota, St. John's, Georgia
          I hope we get to play UCLA in some sort of non-conference schedule next season. That would be sweet. Don't be writing off the NIT Season Tipoff either. That tournament is very underrated too. St. John's, Minnesota are very underrated, and I think Georgia is on the rise too. That's going to be a tournament we have to do well in too, but I think we can. Sneaky good tourney.
          Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• BoZarth
            Kennel Club Material
            • Feb 2007

Reminds me of a Gonzaga game I attended at Pauley Pavilion back in 1999.

The Zags held the Bruins to their lowest point total ever at Pauley Pavilion in a 59-43 victory.

Go Zags!!!!

Comment

• 23dpg
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

I would love for this game to happen with one caveat. Having to hear and watch….(ESPN announcer),"the last time these two teams met"……(cut to video)…….
              Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• SWZag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

If it was still the Pac-10 (minus Utah and Colorado), I'd be excited that a conference vs. conference tourney was starting. sigh.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

• VaBeachZAG
                  Bleeds GU Blue
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BoZarth View Post
                  Reminds me of a Gonzaga game I attended at Pauley Pavilion back in 1999.

The Zags held the Bruins to their lowest point total ever at Pauley Pavilion in a 59-43 victory.

Go Zags!!!!
                  Despite the beat down by the Zags (or because of it) we never got a return game from the Bruins. If they are not willing to schedule a true home and home series - forget them!!

Comment

• gonstu
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by VaBeachZAG View Post
                    Despite the beat down by the Zags (or because of it) we never got a return game from the Bruins. If they are not willing to schedule a true home and home series - forget them!!
                    Maybe it was the old home & home w/ 15 yrs in between the initial & return game?

Don't know if it's true or not, but it must have been the UCLA team there b/c he was in Seattle & they played U-Dub/WSU this past wkend.

Was hoping someone in the know could (dis)confirm the rumor. I would love to get a strong non-conf schedule back for next year, I think it would be a good year for it.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

As was mentioned above -- the Zags will be in the NIT and UCLA will be in the Battle 4 Atlantis-- so Nov 17/18 or 18/19 and Nov 26/28 will be already taken.

Dec 13th (guestimate for date) will be Battle in Seattle against TBD

Dec 27th (guestimate) will be the start of the WCC season

We have Arizona already and if we add in UCLA -- we have a couple of options if we are looking at Saturday games to highlight the matchup -- Dec 6th and Dec 20 are open.

Somewhere we add in Washington State also-- would they be a good one for the Battle in Seattle?-- UW folks might not appreciate the press.

It sounds like we may have some good competition -- but most of the games will be on the road/neutral courts.

Comment

• gonzagafan62
                        Zag for Life
                        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by VaBeachZAG View Post
                        Nah, I would play them at Pauley. Anytime, anywhere. I wanna play good competition. I could care less if we play at home. Just give me good non-con.
                        Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• exclusivelee
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                          Somewhere we add in Washington State also-- would they be a good one for the Battle in Seattle?-- UW folks might not appreciate the press.
                          Assume we play @ Wazzu

Return trip after playing them at the Kennel this year

Comment

• Mantua
                            Zag for Life
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                            As was mentioned above -- the Zags will be in the NIT and UCLA will be in the Battle 4 Atlantis-- so Nov 17/18 or 18/19 and Nov 26/28 will be already taken.

Dec 13th (guestimate for date) will be Battle in Seattle against TBD

Dec 27th (guestimate) will be the start of the WCC season

We have Arizona already and if we add in UCLA -- we have a couple of options if we are looking at Saturday games to highlight the matchup -- Dec 6th and Dec 20 are open.

It sounds like we may have some good competition -- but most of the games will be on the road/neutral courts.
                            WSU will have tough matchup Tramaine Isabell at point next year.
                            Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• exclusivelee
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2013

Does the Jud Heathcote Tribute get rescheduled?

Michigan State vs. Gonzaga and WSU vs. Montana in the Spokane Arena

Comment

Working...
                              X