• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • former1dog
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Weird Thought

If I were abetting man, I would bet that we have passed the half way point of the Mark Few era.

400 wins and counting. Keep it up coach and thanks!
  • wnczagfan
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
    If I were abetting man, I would bet that we have passed the half way point of the Mark Few era.

400 wins and counting. Keep it up coach and thanks!

You had me at "weird thought".

Comment

• Zippyzaggy
      Professional Zag Fan
      • Mar 2013

Truth be known...I was kinda dissapointed. I was expecting a REALLY weird thought.

Anyways, delectable for Coach Few to get that 400th win before his 100th loss.

400 wins though, amazing.

Comment

• Zags11
        Banned
        • Mar 2008

Wierd thought??? I think legit thought. Now if you said few in a thong.....well....

Comment

• bartruff1
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2010

I would bet we passed it a long time ago.....just a guess, but I would be surprised if he coached more than 7 more years and if he wins at his current rate...that would be a estimated 190 wins more...for a total of around 600...a amazing accomplishment. He was asked if he would coach as long and win as much as Boeheim and he said...No Way.

Comment

• Oregonzagnut
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
            I would bet we passed it a long time ago.....just a guess, but I would be surprised if he coached more than 7 more years and if he wins at his current rate...that would be a estimated 190 wins more...for a total of around 600...a amazing accomplishment. He was asked if he would coach as long and win as much a Boeheim and he said...No Way.
            I am hoping that Few was just respecting comparisons to Boeheim. Few tends to say self minimizing things that I do not take literally. He is humble, vague and ambiguous. But after 25+ years, who wouldn't need a change. When his youngest graduates from high school is when I think Few will entertain moving from Spokane with some huge offer. But he needs to have a couple E8s or final fours to have that well rounded resume to attract the top jobs.

But TBH, how many other schools pay their head coach more than Gonzaga pays Few? 40-50?

Then again he may retire here.
            “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

• scott257
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2009

His Dad moved to Creswell, Oregon after graduating from Seminary in San Francisco and stayed on for over 50 years. The Few's are pretty dedicated people.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Fews salary was ranked as the 24th in the coaches/teams that made the dance last year at $1.5mil (keep in mind that is of the teams that made the dance).

Ever wondered who the highest paid coach in men's basketball is? Find out today with USA TODAY's complete salary data.

Comment

• wiszag
                  Professional Zag Fan
                  • Feb 2007

Strange Few got his 400th last night and Bo Ryan is going for number 700 right now. I know a lot of the wins were at a DIII school but it is still impressive especially if you consider UW-Platteville didn't have much of a basketball tradition. Both coaches are tied with 15 consecutive NCAA tourney appearance active streaks going.

Comment

Working...
                  X