PDA

View Full Version : Looks like our Gaels have the Zags right where we want them...

Nevada Don
03-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Looks like the Gaels have orchestrated this season perfectly. We have lulled the Zags into over-confidence, having lost the two conference games by huge margins. Now we are ready to strike. Are you worried?

Okay, seriously. What would it take for you guys to "take a dive" so to speak? What if we could get Spokane the Golden Gate Bridge? No? How about some of those quaint San Francisco Cable Cars running between every taco place in the greater Spokane area? Would a little something from the Haight-Ashbury expand...I mean change...your mind? Think about it. Get back to us.

Seriously, for real, this time. I hope we play a whole lot better than previously. One more game and I can start rooting for the Zags.

ZagaZags
03-08-2014, 10:08 PM
Looks like the Gaels have orchestrated this season perfectly. We have lulled the Zags into over-confidence, having lost the two conference games by huge margins. Now we are ready to strike. Are you worried?

Okay, seriously. What would it take for you guys to "take a dive" so to speak? What if we could get Spokane the Golden Gate Bridge? No? How about some of those quaint San Francisco Cable Cars running between every taco place in the greater Spokane area? Think about it. Get back to us.

Seriously, for real, this time. I hope we play a whole lot better than previously. One more game and I can start rooting for the Zags.

:roll: I think tonight's game only helps Gonzaga in the tournament.

Nevada Don
03-08-2014, 10:12 PM
I thought that was a good game tonight. Maybe too many T/O's but GU really hung in there when the game could have gone the other way. So I agree with you that this game was much better for the Zags than a romp.

WallaWallaZag
03-08-2014, 10:40 PM

Okay, seriously. What would it take for you guys to "take a dive" so to speak? What if we could get Spokane the Golden Gate Bridge? No? How about some of those quaint San Francisco Cable Cars running between every taco place in the greater Spokane area? Would a little something from the Haight-Ashbury expand...I mean change...your mind? Think about it. Get back to us.

unfortunately for the gaels, i think even if they somehow get revenge on the "overconfident" zags, they still won't be able to take out byu...san fran i think has a better shot. while the zags are down from last year, compared with smc from last year with delly, i think smc may have fallen further than the zags.

bartruff1
03-09-2014, 04:40 AM
What is the deal with Bo ??? Has he been hurt ?...He scares me, tough matchup for GU.....

Nevada Don
03-09-2014, 06:26 AM
Beau has been somewhat MIA but was back last night. Had lost his 3 pt. shot and was always in foul trouble but turned things around against the Waves.

GrizZAG
03-09-2014, 06:39 AM

Havasu has the London Bridge and it hasn't helped their BB team and at least Spokane's cab drivers speak English pretty well. Tacos are sacred, careful!

Seriously though, Holt needs to get "Dellyfied" somehow if Gaels want to have a shot. Holt was better in supporting role last year. Also, Waldow needs to dump the fangs, it just looks silly and opponents may not take him seriously or want to give him Halloween candy or something.

Nevada Don
03-09-2014, 09:09 AM
Tacos are sacred, careful!

Said with due respect. Not sure what tacos really mean but I know enough to realize that it is meaningful to this thread.

DixieZag
03-09-2014, 09:29 AM
Good post Don.

We can't look past anyone, that's for sure. I think you would be far better off had we won yesterday playing our best basketball of the year. We can gel lulled to sleep and we most certainly can get beaten by a whole lot of teams. But, I doubt much "overconfidence" gets to sink in after facing near season death.

I am impressed with the way SMC played. I really thought Pepp would give it to you. I thought the wheels had totally come off in Moraga and would lose by ten. It show some mental toughness, I'll bet they bring some over to Monday.

Reborn
03-09-2014, 10:54 AM
It's a whole new season, and St. Mary's will give it everything they have in order to beat the Zags. They only have one path that will lead them to the NCAA tournament, and it's it through Gonzaga tomorrow. I'm gettin ready for another great game.

As far as the Santa Clara game, I thought the Zags played well, the second half. It took a half to warm up to a new arena and all. You must remember that Santa Clara had a game and a day off to prepare. They were used to the rims and the environment. Gonzaga gave 100% effort that second half, and I appreciate that. We must give some credit to Santa Clara. Man, they played a great game. Too bad some of you can't see that and appreciate their effort. I have said all along that the WCC is pretty good this year. And not in a way that the "talking heads" pretend to know what's going on in WCC. They don't. It's just not the middle of the pack that's improved. Santa Clara and LMU were the bottom Dwellers and they won their first games. Gonzaga is ready. I am too.

Go Zags!!!