PDA

View Full Version : Great shot by Stocks!

kclubfounder
03-08-2014, 08:30 PM
The 1st half saw Stockton on the bench.

The 2nd half saw Stockton in the game.

The end.

ZagaZags
03-08-2014, 08:32 PM
The 1st half saw Stockton on the bench.

The 2nd half saw Stockton in the game.

The end.

That was an awesome finish.

Birddog
03-08-2014, 08:35 PM
I'll drink to that! In fact it's three fingers of Macallan! Did they say why Barham didn't play?

Zagdawg
03-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Gotta agree with the commentators.....most important basket of the season for the Zags ....so far.

Just keep winning.

Go Zags

Blackbeard
03-08-2014, 08:38 PM
He redeemed himself from the foolish late foul.

ZagMan in Philly
03-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Anyone jumped up from their seat? What a move and a beautiful layin...I need to see that again.

Bocco
03-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Shades of Meech.

Zags11
Awesome drive by David. Great thread starter by kc club AGAIN!!!!!! Come on, lets slow clap it out.....:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Anyone with me?

Birddog
Fill up your glass.

LongIslandZagFan

Because why not attack him... I mean it was him that also missed two free throws and traveled in the last minute... oh... wait... no it wasn't.

Give me a break.

SWZag
Shades of Meech.

Scary how close they are. Game winning shots, and a bunch of haters. :explode:

Ekrub
I don't think Stockton was the difference in the second half (Dower was) That game winner was CLUTCH though. Despite the calls for Bell to be more aggressive and pangos with his turf toe, Stockton continues to be our be the best at finishing at the rim. Really Coleman is the best at driving but he has some flaws.

Bocco
03-08-2014, 08:42 PM
agreed

Zags11

Meech and David are the same? Oh the humanity!!!!!!! Lol

23dpg
Posted at 0703 by KC

When David Stockton, who hardly played in this pathetic 1st half, plays a significant role in the 2nd half comeback and therefore becomes the "Zag Unit of the Game", this board will be a fun place to visit.

Also, The foul called on Stockton was pretty bogus. The replay showed pretty clearly he challenged the shooter without touching him.

Ekrub
And that game is the reason I'm in one drink too many and in desperate need of some new finger nails. Go zags

wnczagfan
03-08-2014, 08:43 PM

I saw a foul called, but I didn't see a foul.

wnczagfan
03-08-2014, 08:44 PM
Glad to see Stockton make that shot and get some love from his teammates and fans!

Hoopaholic
03-08-2014, 08:45 PM
I saw a foul called, but I didn't see a foul.

agree

jpn17
03-08-2014, 08:47 PM
I wasn't really a fan of Stockton's game tonight, but it was fantastic to see him step up and make a basket when Gonzaga needed it most.

McZag
03-08-2014, 08:49 PM
I don't think Stockton was the difference in the second half (Dower was) That game winner was CLUTCH though. Despite the calls for Bell to be more aggressive and pangos with his turf toe, Stockton continues to be our be the best at finishing at the rim. Really Coleman is the best at driving but he has some flaws.

Yeah the game winner was kinda clutch. Not the difference maker though.......wait what?

MDABE80
03-08-2014, 08:49 PM
This thread is begun because of some history....David made a nice, important basket. The end. The REAL end.

DixieZag
03-08-2014, 08:54 PM
There was no foul on David at all, he had his hands straight up and the body contact was negligible compared to all that had been going on.

I dearly hope that the people who are talking about "haters" are reserving it for whomever they believe actually "hates" David, b/c I'll say this again and will continue to say it so long as I keep seeing it - questioning what is or is not the best line up is not "hating" - - - if me doing so makes me a "hater" then I guess I need to start calling out some Draino haters, too.

I'm not in a mood to fight, we've got a seriously great clutch game winner and we showed the very same serious issues we have - vulnerable to great defensive teams with scoring guards and vulnerable to closing it out. If Sam doesn't make, literally, everything, we have trouble scoring in the end and then we again have trouble getting the ball in again.

Great win b/c SCU actually kills us with their defense, IMHO and we clawed back, somehow, b/c it was not any of our players nights except Dower and they managed to scrap a win out, but we were very close to having a head shaker.

CdAZagFan
03-08-2014, 08:55 PM
I don't care who it is, I just love to see the aggressiveness from someone on this team in crunchtime. I'm a little distressed how KP can disappear through entire games like that - but loved the way SD took up the charge!

23dpg
03-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Stocks hits a great game winner and some of you don't understand why there is a thread about him? I don't understand what you don't understand.
Sam was the MAN! But Stockton hit a great shot and played a very good second half. 4 for 5, 3 assists, a steal and the winner all in the second half….not bad.

Zagdawg
03-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Senior leadership getting the job done in the 2nd half-- both Sam and Dave.

Go Zags

Ekrub
03-08-2014, 08:58 PM
Yeah the game winner was kinda clutch. Not the difference maker though.......wait what?

If he missed the shot and we went to OT and we lost it wouldn't have been his fault. He made one shot. It was clutch but all te shots leading up to it were a part of the game. To say that was "the difference" puts a lot of weight on that shot. I don't but that just like I don't buy that the infamous inbound pass he made last year was "the difference"

Oregonzagnut
03-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Stockton > Meech.

Stockton is what he is. He is a Div1 starter. But he is inconsistent and he has no jump shot to speak of. Bet he has expert court awareness and the most knowledge and experience of all the WCC teams and their playboks. Right there along with Dower. As far as WCC play goes Stockton and Dower are the most experienced players against WCC teams. That is another key reason why Few starts him.

ZagMan in Philly
03-08-2014, 09:00 PM
I don't understand why this thread is necessary. It was a great shot, one that worked because everyone expected Sam to get the ball because he (almost) singlehandedly carried the team on his back. I really think the program is bigger than DS, and it will be nice when next year the focus can return to the team rather than incessant threads on the same player. How about some love for Sam? Yeesh.
Yes. Sam was the man ..great touch.

Zags11
03-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Stocks hits a great game winner and some of you don't understand why there is a thread about him? I don't understand what you don't understand.
Sam was the MAN! But Stockton hit a great shot and played a very good second half. 4 for 5, 3 assists, a steal and the winner all in the second half….not bad.

It's the point of the thread. The hidden message behind the start of the thread. David deserves all the love but goodness, enough with the condescending bs.

LongIslandZagFan
03-08-2014, 09:01 PM
I don't understand why this thread is necessary. It was a great shot, one that worked because everyone expected Sam to get the ball because he (almost) singlehandedly carried the team on his back. I really think the program is bigger than DS, and it will be nice when next year the focus can return to the team rather than incessant threads on the same player. How about some love for Sam? Yeesh.

Yet another one... yes, by all means lets diminish the fact that he won the game for the team. Let's focus on the team. Let's push him to the side. Honestly, outside of you and one other person... this would have been a great thread.

drvenkman05
03-08-2014, 09:02 PM
There was no foul on David at all, he had his hands straight up and the body contact was negligible compared to all that had been going on.

I dearly hope that the people who are talking about "haters" are reserving it for whomever they believe actually "hates" David, b/c I'll say this again and will continue to say it so long as I keep seeing it - questioning what is or is not the best line up is not "hating" - - - if me doing so makes me a "hater" then I guess I need to start calling out some Draino haters, too.

I'm not in a mood to fight, we've got a seriously great clutch game winner and we showed the very same serious issues we have - vulnerable to great defensive teams with scoring guards and vulnerable to closing it out. If Sam doesn't make, literally, everything, we have trouble scoring in the end and then we again have trouble getting the ball in again.

Great win b/c SCU actually kills us with their defense, IMHO and we clawed back, somehow, b/c it was not any of our players nights except Dower and they managed to scrap a win out, but we were very close to having a head shaker.

If he missed the shot and we went to OT and we lost it wouldn't have been his fault. He made one shot. It was clutch but all te shots leading up to it were a part of the game. To say that was "the difference" puts a lot of weight on that shot. I don't but that just like I don't buy that the infamous inbound pass he made last year was "the difference"

Excellent points!

Birddog
03-08-2014, 09:03 PM
+1

MTZag03
Awesome drive by David. Great thread starter by kc club AGAIN!!!!!! Come on, lets slow clap it out.....:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Anyone with me?

I once slow clapped Old Faithful. It was quite great, people turned and stared at me.

On topic, DS did do very well the second half. I really question the foul called on him with like 35s to go. He had several tough tough layups that he made. 3 cheers to Stocks tonight!

kclubfounder
Posted at 0703 by KC

When David Stockton, who hardly played in this pathetic 1st half, plays a significant role in the 2nd half comeback and therefore becomes the "Zag Unit of the Game", this board will be a fun place to visit.

Also, The foul called on Stockton was pretty bogus. The replay showed pretty clearly he challenged the shooter without touching him.

Thanks 23dpg. I wanted to bring this into the thread and pat myself on the back but couldn't figure out how to do it without being totally obnoxious. :cool:

I know, I know, I'm totally obnoxious anyway.

Whatever.

primal23
03-08-2014, 09:06 PM
This thread is begun because of some history....David made a nice, important basket. The end. The REAL end.

+1

kitzbuel
03-08-2014, 09:06 PM
In this case, Few put together a great play at the end that the two seniors executed. Sam setting the high screen had everyone thing it was a pick and roll from Stocks to Dower and both SCU defenders bit. The did not want Dower getting the ball down low and Few knew it.

Stocks did a great job driving into the space and finishing. Great play, great execution, great finish!

Zags11
03-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Thanks 23dpg. I wanted to bring this into the thread and pat myself on the back but couldn't figure out how to do it without being totally obnoxious. :cool:

I know, I know, I'm totally obnoxious anyway.

Whatever.

Not totally. Just somewhat. ;).

David played a great game. Sammy too. What a wonderful game by them. David Stockton on that play was awesome. The drive for the win, cross over and reverse scoop for the win.

gonwick
03-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Yet another one... yes, by all means lets diminish the fact that he won the game for the team. Let's focus on the team. Let's push him to the side. Honestly, outside of you and one other person... this would have been a great thread.

Respectfully, although I'm not sure your reply was respectful, I think that Sam won this game almost singlehandedly. I'm not diminishing Stockton's accomplishment, I'm just bummed that Sam, who killed it tonight, was forgotten. Isn't the focus supposed to be on the team? If you were Sam's mom, and you came to the board after the game, wouldn't you be surprised not to see more acknowledgement of his awesomeness? I guess the GUnit is accomplishing that, but it doesn't call Sam out by name in the title.

Bogozags
03-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Really glad he forced the issue at the end...didn't want to go into OT...

Do wonder if that was one of the options Coach Few discussed at the time out? If it was then it was a GREAT call!

Reborn
03-08-2014, 09:09 PM
I was really glad to see Stockton get the game winner. I thought he deserved it. Dower did hit a lot of FT's and made every one of them, but Stock's was making some dang good passes into the post. But mostly, I felt that David brought the energy, the fire in the last 8 min of the game, when the game was on the line. He was all over the court with his hustle. He also made the basket that gave us the lead finally. Give someone cre.when they deserve it.

Zags11
03-08-2014, 09:10 PM

Ooooh Liz! Let me guess...me?

I applaud what David did. It was the point of the passive aggressive thread again. David deserves all the props in the world for that play and game. The foul was bogus. Atrocious and 1 call. Sammy 15-15 from the line. How awesome is that for a big man?

kitzbuel
03-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Respectfully, although I'm not sure your reply was respectful, I think that Sam won this game almost singlehandedly. I'm not diminishing Stockton's accomplishment, I'm just bummed that Sam, who killed it tonight, was forgotten. Isn't the focus supposed to be on the team? If you were Sam's mom, and you came to the board after the game, wouldn't you be surprised not to see more acknowledgement of his awesomeness? I guess the GUnit is accomplishing that, but it doesn't call Sam out by name in the title.

Stock's shoot doesn't happen without Dower's play tonight. SCU was terrified of Dower getting the ball at the end of the game and let Stockton drive instead.

Ekrub
03-08-2014, 09:15 PM
Ooooh Liz! Let me guess...me?

I applaud what David did. It was the point of the passive aggressive thread again. David deserves all the props in the world for that play and game. The foul was bogus. Atrocious and 1 call. Sammy 15-15 from the line. How awesome is that for a big man?

Thought it could have been me too.

MTZag03
03-08-2014, 09:16 PM
What has happened to GU boards? It's all dysfunctional. People are spending their time attacking each other. Lighten up and celebrate a very hard fought win.

Go Zags!

gonwick
03-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Stock's shoot doesn't happen without Dower's play tonight. SCU was terrified of Dower getting the ball at the end of the game and let Stockton drive instead.

Agree 100%. It was still clutch, but it came out of Sam's game. That's why I wanted Sam acknowledged in my original post above, which I see quoted by some, but no longer can find in the thread.

jim77
Stockton may have some weaknesses but, freezing up in crunch time ain't one of them. Stockton made some nice plays at the beginning of the 2nd half...and Dower was just $$$ at the line....the Seniors saved the day.

wnczagfan
Boy, we sure know how to turn joy into frustration....goodnight

Zags11
03-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Thought it could have been me too.

Me.....hey you guuuuuuys.

Zagdawg
03-08-2014, 09:24 PM
"That's why I wanted Sam acknowledged in my original post above, which I see quoted by some, but no longer can find in the thread."

It's probably in the "Sam does it again thread"

caduceus
03-08-2014, 09:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZGDreUt.jpg?1

Hoopaholic
03-08-2014, 09:32 PM

wheres the AND ONE?

Hoopaholic
03-08-2014, 09:35 PM

Do wonder if that was one of the options Coach Few discussed at the time out? If it was then it was a GREAT call!

yes....SC was overplaying the other players and cheating to the post and i am SURE they remembered the pick and pop by dower at Santa clara.....this left the lane open for a drive (saw it earlier couple possessions before the end of the game).....nice take and nice finish

gonwick
03-08-2014, 09:35 PM
"That's why I wanted Sam acknowledged in my original post above, which I see quoted by some, but no longer can find in the thread."

It's probably in the "Sam does it again thread"

Interestingly, no, I started that thread so Sam would get some love. You can see the original quote twice above in replies, but I don't see the original. Either it's late and I'm missing it, or a mod got an itchy delete finger and trashed a very reasonable post. I don't really care, it just speaks to how this year has unfortunately become a bit of a mess on the board, which was the point of my original post.

jim77
03-08-2014, 09:47 PM
I like the way Stocks uses his body AND the rim to screen his own shot. Makes his shot hard to block.

hooter73
03-08-2014, 10:00 PM
Stockton is a winner, its what he tries to do and most of the time, its what he accomplishes. Awesome shot to win it even if I was crazy with trepidation about it being so close at the end.

LongIslandZagFan
03-08-2014, 10:16 PM

Here is a wonderful idea. How about instead of posting something to diminish one player's great play to promote another... start a thread for that player. Which you did after the fact. Nobody, unless they are brain dead, would disagree that they don't get to that point without Sam. Is it that hard to do? Is it that hard to be happy for BOTH players? You worry about Sam's mom. What if the roles were reversed and she came on and saw someone diminish his last second shot saying the rest of the game was all that mattered? I don't get how that is so difficult when Stockton is involved... but somehow it always is.

SWZag
03-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Little article on SB Nation (http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2014/3/8/5486752/david-stockton-hits-game-winning-layup) with photos and videos of the shot and bench reaction. Love the guy with the tie behind the bench. He got into it during the game. The lady in yellow too, she wasn't too impressed! :D

Love the 'stache on the elder Stockton also! :D

"One on One" with Stocks (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qehaiLPReuU)

SWZag

gonwick
03-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Here is a wonderful idea. How about instead of posting something to diminish one player's great play to promote another... start a thread for that player. Which you did after the fact. Nobody, unless they are brain dead, would disagree that they don't get to that point without Sam. Is it that hard to do? Is it that hard to be happy for BOTH players? You worry about Sam's mom. What if the roles were reversed and she came on and saw someone diminish his last second shot saying the rest of the game was all that mattered? I don't get how that is so difficult when Stockton is involved... but somehow it always is.

We will have to agree to disagree here. Your tone throughout has been very adversarial and I'm guessing this could drag on for a while. My point was that this board's obsession with Stockton, positive and negative, has eclipsed a focus on the team.

LongIslandZagFan
03-08-2014, 10:42 PM
We will have to agree to disagree here. Your tone throughout has been very adversarial and I'm guessing this could drag on for a while. My point was that this board's obsession with Stockton, positive and negative, has eclipsed a focus on the team.

Ummm no. He hit the game winning basket. People were praising him for that. Really isn't that hard.

gonwick
03-08-2014, 11:19 PM
Ummm no. He hit the game winning basket. People were praising him for that. Really isn't that hard.
Um, neither the original thread title (since changed) nor the op referenced the shot. I, perhaps incorrectly, read the op and thread as a statement that the presence of stockton on the floor for the second half was the reason gu won. That assertion struck me as odd because I thought the difference maker in the second half was Sam. If this thread was really just about how great that last shot was, then yeah, it was awesome. But as with everything DS, as you stated above, it seemed there was more to it than that.

WallaWallaZag
03-08-2014, 11:24 PM

i'm not one that likes to get involved with these discussions, but i have to disagree with lizf here...it seems pretty obvious to me that some of the "stockton supporters" or "anti-stockton haters" or whatever are going on the offensive here and are not merely celebrating stockton's great finish. even the op wasn't just praising stockton for the game winner...there was definitely a point being made towards the perceived "stockton haters"...justified or not.

ZagaZags
03-08-2014, 11:42 PM
When I think of Stockton's career at GU, I will always remember tonight. I hope he can get to #2 in steals behind his dad. I still cringe when he shoots the 3 ball. Much rather see him go to the basket.

CDC84
03-09-2014, 12:01 AM
Few made a hell of a call. I don't think many folks in the building expected Stocks to take the last shot. David made the right read.

People are always talking about the need for a go to guy to make shots in the closing seconds. Sometimes you can actually get a better look if you go with a guy who is reliable but who isn't expected to take the big shot.

WallaWallaZag
03-09-2014, 12:20 AM
Few made a hell of a call. I don't think many folks in the building expected Stocks to take the last shot. David made the right read.

People are always talking about the need for a go to guy to make shots in the closing seconds. Sometimes you can actually get a better look if you go with a guy who is reliable but who isn't expected to take the big shot.

few trusts stockton to make the right play...gonzaga hasn't had many close end of game situations, but often times few has put the ball in stockton's hands in end of half situations. i would prefer stockton to set up someone else instead of take it himself since he's not much of a shooter, but if he can get all the way to the rim like he did today then it's not a bad option.

WallaWallaZag
03-09-2014, 12:28 AM

nice shot...but aren't they taught to take those with their left??? =)

sullyzag66
03-09-2014, 12:49 AM

Apparently, it was.

http://m.spokesman.com/blogs/sportslink/2014/mar/08/stocktons-shot-sinks-santa-clara/

Few opted to put the ball in Stockton’s hands.

“He has a real knack for kind of making plays at the end of games in all our situational things we do (in practice), a winning knack,” Few said. “That’s why I felt he was best guy to put in a full-court, ball-screen situation.”

Sent from my iPhone

Mantua
03-09-2014, 01:07 AM
I relished the great finish-Sam's screen, David's determined drive and classic graceful shot and Kyle's opportunistic, redemptive block. I watched the whole finish in slow motion several times, sopping up every bit of satisfaction in the plays and the bench reaction.

rawkmandale
03-09-2014, 04:32 AM
David did not foul in that last minute - bogus call. Hey, please remember that David and Sam were redshirts together. They will always be linked. They could be really ####ing dangerous in the NCAA.

I bought tickets to the Men's banquet next Friday for my Mom and me. My Mom is 90 years old. Guess who she wants to meet? One David Stockton. You don't get to that age and not get it.

Gamer.

ZionZag
03-09-2014, 06:14 AM
Great blow by blow description by Withers

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765649368/David-Stockton-son-of-John-saves-the-day-for-Gonzaga.html

Zags11
03-09-2014, 08:29 AM
That play was so sweet. Drink it in.

U Zig, I Zag
03-09-2014, 09:25 AM
Little article on SB Nation (http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2014/3/8/5486752/david-stockton-hits-game-winning-layup) with photos and videos of the shot and bench reaction. Love the guy with the tie behind the bench. He got into it during the game. The lady in yellow too, she wasn't too impressed! :D

Love the 'stache on the elder Stockton also! :D

"One on One" with Stocks (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qehaiLPReuU)

SWZag

It was a great play. Watch the .gif of the drive on SW's link. Back and forth between guys, uses a screen, starts the pickup on the right side and finishes on the left hand side of the rim using his body to shield the defender. We got 20 guys fighting about it, but if it was Marcus Smart or someone everyone (including ESPN) would be falling all over themselves to say how awesome it was.

U Zig, I Zag
03-09-2014, 09:30 AM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/4110625/gonzagaOMG.gif

LOL the woman on the left. USF fan? hehe

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/4110601/gonzaga.gif

gonwick
03-09-2014, 10:35 AM
That's funny. It wasn't until I saw the gif that I saw the push off. Reading withers' piece, sounds like ds agrees. Of course, scu was pretty handsy on the drive so it could have gone the other way too. A good no call. The comment on the withers piece is interesting, an scu fan lamenting the poor officiating. I saw it as a factor of gu working the ball down low, but I wonder how I'd feel if I was an scu fan?

GoZags
03-09-2014, 11:25 AM

Mrs. GoZags spotted that lady immediately .... we spent a few moments looking at her anguish with the TiVo in freeze frame mode. Love that it's also in a gif format for all to enjoy.

Birddog
03-09-2014, 11:28 AM
A couple of mins before DS got called for the touch foul, Pangos got slammed to the floor on a "block". WTF no contact? The problem with officiating is the lack of consistency. The USFfoul disparity was because of GU pounding it inside.

MDABE80
03-09-2014, 12:33 PM
It was a great play. Watch the .gif of the drive on SW's link. Back and forth between guys, uses a screen, starts the pickup on the right side and finishes on the left hand side of the rim using his body to shield the defender. We got 20 guys fighting about it, but if it was Marcus Smart or someone everyone (including ESPN) would be falling all over themselves to say how awesome it was.

ESPN did. It was their lead story for about 6 hours. It was so unexpected. I went nuts. Who would have thought David would find a circuitous path and just take it in all by himself.?? Twisting and turning in the air, shoots with the wrong hand , backwards in the air. Guarantee this one won't be forgotten. An then it went in!!

Reborn
03-09-2014, 12:42 PM
For some reason I just kept saying (and felt) "I hope David gets to take the winning shot." He played so hard that second half, and was a real leader. I'm glad he's having such a good year. I may have been one of his chief critics, but for a 5' 10" guard I must admit that he is as tough as the come, and is definitely a winner. You really can't ask for more. Yes! He has his shortcomings, but the honest truth is that he has outplayed Coleman by a mile in most games. I'm also glad that Coleman has continued to contribute off the bench, and that when he plays he goes all out, 100%.

Zippyzaggy
03-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Wish I could have seen the look on John Stockton's face when his kid pulled this off. Maybe he cracked a smile. But just maybe. ;o)

Zags11
03-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Coast to coast. Whoa! Unbelievable.

bigblahla
03-09-2014, 01:02 PM
For some reason I just kept saying (and felt) "I hope David gets to take the winning shot." He played so hard that second half, and was a real leader. I'm glad he's having such a good year. I may have been one of his chief critics, but for a 5' 10" guard I must admit that he is as tough as the come, and is definitely a winner. You really can't ask for more. Yes! He has his shortcomings, but the honest truth is that he has outplayed Coleman by a mile in most games. I'm also glad that Coleman has continued to contribute off the bench, and that when he plays he goes all out, 100%.

+1

Hope you're feeling better "born".

Go!! Zags!!!

gamagin
03-09-2014, 01:12 PM
+1

Wish I could have seen the look on John Stockton's face when his kid pulled this off. Maybe he cracked a smile. But just maybe. ;o)

JS was on a bench in the tacoma dome at the time. He's a (lowly) asst coach on daughter Laura's state championship 4A GPrep basketball team.

GonzaGAW
03-09-2014, 01:25 PM
i'll post this comment, to come clean and eat a little crow
I said to my wife earlier that I did not like the ball in stocktons hands at the end of the half or when the offense boggs down and all of a sudden they have 7 seconds on the clock.

but the young man made a great coast to coast play, ala danny ainge. glad he got his props on espn

this I have been consistent in saying, Stockton has gotten better and better each year, improvement that is real and seen on the floor. defense, judgment in passing, finishing, he just gets better.
that is not easy, so many kids come in with talent, but do not really improve each year. we'd be world beaters if everyone showed the growth david has these past 5 years.

ZagaZags
03-09-2014, 02:43 PM

Sweet shot.:000tens:

Birddog
03-09-2014, 03:10 PM
Look at the mitts on that kid!

NotoriousZ
03-09-2014, 03:54 PM

These gifs need to be on page 4. David and Sam, thank you very much.

Oregonzagnut
03-09-2014, 04:27 PM
JS was on a bench in the tacoma dome at the time. He's a (lowly) asst coach on daughter Laura's state championship 4A GPrep basketball team.

And they won the state championship? I wonder why?

Also look at the USF fan behind our bench on the left in the Meikle GIF. Even the USF fans were crushed.

Zags11
03-09-2014, 06:03 PM

Also look at the USF fan behind our bench on the left in the Meikle GIF. Even the USF fans were crushed.

Hilarious. Lol :)

maynard g krebs
03-09-2014, 07:15 PM
nice shot...but aren't they taught to take those with their left??? =)

If he takes that with his left, he can't turn to shield the ball from the defender. That's the benefit of using the reverse, and he got the shot off the only way he could without likely being blocked. To have a makeable shot with the left, he can't keep his body between ball and defender.

Ekrub
03-09-2014, 07:26 PM
What happens in Vegas, stays with you, FOREVER.

Anybody have video of that last shot attempt by santa clara?

Reborn
03-09-2014, 08:05 PM
+1

Hope you're feeling better "born".

Go!! Zags!!!

Thanks. I am. I'm feeling a lot better. I was so glad to see that last shot by Stockton go in. What a move, what tenacity.

Reborn
03-09-2014, 08:10 PM
i'll post this comment, to come clean and eat a little crow
I said to my wife earlier that I did not like the ball in stocktons hands at the end of the half or when the offense boggs down and all of a sudden they have 7 seconds on the clock.

but the young man made a great coast to coast play, ala danny ainge. glad he got his props on espn

this I have been consistent in saying, Stockton has gotten better and better each year, improvement that is real and seen on the floor. defense, judgment in passing, finishing, he just gets better.
that is not easy, so many kids come in with talent, but do not really improve each year. we'd be world beaters if everyone showed the growth david has these past 5 years.

It's so true. Good post. And now I hope he finishes off his career with finding how to knock down that 3 pt shot. I would love to see that because its his biggest weakness on offense. His foul shooting has improved alot so I am still hoping he'll find the right arch on his 3 pt shot, and release the ball a little higher. He's shooting it from his chest which is preventing him from getting a better arch on his shot (just my opinion). But dang, his passing into Dower was excellent once again in that second half.

LongIslandZagFan
03-09-2014, 08:16 PM

Wow... didn't notice that before. Dang... must have ruined her night. :D

Oregonzagnut
03-09-2014, 09:43 PM
I am curious if McArthur got his final shot off in time. Drano's block of that final shot does not show up in the stats but it looked like he got it off. For all we know if Drano doesn't block it, McArthers final shot goes in.

cjm720
03-10-2014, 09:08 AM
Anyone notice how pissed Sam was coming out of the huddle before Stocks drive and score? My first take was that he was pissed the play wasn't called for him, but who knows...I thought it out of character. Anyways, I'm curious but who cares, we won!

gonzagafan62
03-10-2014, 09:10 AM
Anyone notice how pissed Sam was coming out of the huddle before Stocks drive and score? My first take was that he was pissed the play wasn't called for him, but who knows...I thought it out of character. Anyways, I'm curious but who cares, we won!

I did. I rewatched it a ton. I think Mark Few was telling Dower to "Just do your job" I think you are right cjm, but like you said, who cares.

cjm720
03-10-2014, 09:18 AM
I did. I rewatched it a ton. I think Mark Few was telling Dower to "Just do your job" I think you are right cjm, but like you said, who cares.

That's why Few's paid the big bucks!

Birddog
03-10-2014, 09:37 AM
I'm pretty sure Dower had his dour face on prior to the time out. He was really pissed when they tied it up too.