PDA

View Full Version : Another surgury

Reborn
03-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Got home a few hours ago from the hospital. I had another surgury to BLAST my kidney stones up so I can pass them through my uriinary duct. Or is it a canal? Please forgive me if my posts seem a little fisty, as I'm feeling pretty good (if you know what I mean). I'm on MEDS. I hope this is it for along time now. Gettin tired of hospitals.

Go Zags!!!

GoZags
03-06-2014, 03:32 PM
Hey .... feel better soon.

MTZag03
03-06-2014, 04:00 PM
Feel better, will keep you in my prayers! Please do us all a favor and provide medicated game comments. Those can be fun.

former1dog
03-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Reborn,

Meds and Message Boards, don't mix. Just say no, my friend!

(I'm kidding!)

Hope you feel better soon.

jazzdelmar
03-06-2014, 04:30 PM
Born, you confirmed what we always knew. You're a pizzer.

wnczagfan
03-06-2014, 04:40 PM
Hey .... feel better soon.

Sounds like he's feeling pretty good already! haha.

But seriously, hope this is the last time you have to go in for this. Being in the hospital is stressful, tiring, and depressing. Feel for you. Get better soon!

Zags11
03-06-2014, 05:41 PM
Feel better

Rio Runner
03-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Sounds rough. Get well soon.

JPtheBeasta
03-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Godspeed

The OP reminded me of this (in the best way possible):
Man doesn't recognize wife after surgery (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IqebEymqFS8)

MacZag
03-06-2014, 09:03 PM
Reborn, it is a urinary tract! Get well soon. My patients say this is some horrible pain.....

Got home a few hours ago from the hospital. I had another surgury to BLAST my kidney stones up so I can pass them through my uriinary duct. Or is it a canal? Please forgive me if my posts seem a little fisty, as I'm feeling pretty good (if you know what I mean). I'm on MEDS. I hope this is it for along time now. Gettin tired of hospitals.

Go Zags!!!

ZagaZags
03-06-2014, 09:14 PM

Go Zags!!!

We could get Woohoo to paint a picture for us......... :) :jk:

Get well Reborn. I think it goes something like this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7fkEFLLF7c

Reborn
03-06-2014, 10:08 PM
thanks guys I appreciate it. Some of you guys are just so hilarious and cool. Thanks for some of those funny posts guys. We all know we got to be able to laugh at ourselves. Again thanks. And they say laughter can save our lives. Maybe I better go over to the FOO more now. hahahahaha Former, haven't taken any drugs since they began the surgery. So you can relax now. Guys, I'm not feeling any pain at all. Yes, MacZag. Stones are one of the most painful things. Wierd. I first had that pain like 2 weeks ago. Went in to hospital twice since then and this was third time. They found out I have A Fib, heart out of rhythm. NOw that's my main problem. Doc says Im okay, can live along time with this, but is is scary. I must admit. By older brother died of something similar (heat attack 7 years after he was first diagnosed). Hope I can live at least seven more. I think that gives the Zags enough time to win a National Championship. lol lol lol

What do you think jazz???

Zags11
03-06-2014, 11:29 PM
Reborn,

with modern medicine and the gu board, you got at least 14. You will see a title. Remain strong. Maybe we shock the world this yr?? Doubtful but why not? Good luck. :)

Zippyzaggy
03-07-2014, 12:39 PM
My step-father had an out-patient procedure done 8 years ago for A-fib and it knocks out the bridge giving the weird signals that cause it. All has been well ever since. He does not even have to take blood thinners!

Enjoy your "HAPPY" pills!...and get well.

gonzagafan62
03-07-2014, 12:41 PM
Hey Reborn, get well soon my friend. Love your posts.

ZagaZags
03-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Reborn, your mailbox is full again.

McZag
03-07-2014, 01:12 PM
Hang in there Reborn. You just made the prayer list!

Jazzgirl_127
03-07-2014, 01:27 PM
Hope you're rid of them soon and you can get some answers on how to avoid them in the future! I know all too well how painful one that didn't require surgery was. Feel better soon.

cjm720
03-07-2014, 01:42 PM
Heal up, 'born! thoughts are with you....

maynard g krebs
03-07-2014, 01:55 PM
My dad had atrial fibrillation and lived to almost 93. My great aunt's heart slowed to something like 15 or 20 beats a minute by the time they got her to the hospital when she was in her early 60's, and she lived to 95 with a pacemaker.

What I'm trying to say is your brother's case doesn't have to be yours.

I saw a PBS show about Thomas Jefferson recently. He was very ill at the end of his life, but he desperately wanted to live to see the 50th anniversary of American independence. He hung on and died on July 4, 1826. So if he can do it, no reason you can't live until that Zags' national championship.

Get well soon.

Baseline
03-07-2014, 02:45 PM
I wish you the Best!

GoZags
03-07-2014, 03:42 PM
Pretty sure my medical advice wouldn't work but I have to give it a shot. It comes from my old baseball days. "Rub a little dirt on it".

Let me know how that works, Reborn.

GrizZAG
03-07-2014, 09:55 PM
My next door neighbor in the desert is ninety years old and has an honest to God TEN golf handicap! The other day he shot 79 in the wind. The guy has perfect hearing, no glasses and has never been in a hospital. Stud muffin Man.
We should all be as lucky being Zag fans. He can trash talk sports as good as anybody and is a diehard Bruin. Best neighbor I have ever had.
I am nearly 30 years his junior and have paid for at least one wing of Sacred Heart I believe by now. I should get frequent flier discount there or something.

MDABE80
03-07-2014, 10:19 PM
Kindey first Reborn. New or recent onset AF is manageable. Nobody dies from it;) And that's good news.

Reborn
03-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Kindey first Reborn. New or recent onset AF is manageable. Nobody dies from it;) And that's good news.

Thanks Abe. I appreciate it. This was my first experience with kidney stones. And I feel sooooo much better since the procedure I had on Thursday. Haven't pe*d so good in quite awhile. lol That's good news about the A Fib, and is exactly what my cardiologist said, kind of. I like the idea that no one's died from it because I have worried that I might, or have a stroke and get paralyzed. Which would not be fun. And the A Fib just came on in last few weeks. Thanks for the optimism though. Makes me feel a lot better. thanks

Reborn
03-08-2014, 11:47 AM
Thanks everyone for your good stories and genuine caring. This board really is awesome. I loved the thread that Woo Hoo started this week, as we all talked about our love for GU, and how GU people are so caring. It's so true. I really do feel alot better, and now plan on living til I'm 90. GU should win a National Championship by then since Im only 66.

primal23
03-08-2014, 11:57 AM
Glad you are doing better Reborn!

bballbeachbum
03-08-2014, 12:16 PM
Do it Reborn! the best is yet to come

katman50
03-08-2014, 02:11 PM
Reborn, hope you are getting better. But to me, one of the most important pieces of advice: keep that "chip on your shoulder" regarding what the pundits and pollsters have to say about the Zags! I always enjoy your take and your analyses! And I also like your optimism. I don't believe you have ever predicted a loss for any of the Zags games, on this forum, over the years. Now that's what I call optimism! Get well!

DixieZag
03-08-2014, 03:05 PM
My dad had atrial fibrillation and lived to almost 93. My great aunt's heart slowed to something like 15 or 20 beats a minute by the time they got her to the hospital when she was in her early 60's, and she lived to 95 with a pacemaker.

What I'm trying to say is your brother's case doesn't have to be yours.

I saw a PBS show about Thomas Jefferson recently. He was very ill at the end of his life, but he desperately wanted to live to see the 50th anniversary of American independence. He hung on and died on July 4, 1826. So if he can do it, no reason you can't live until that Zags' national championship.

Get well soon.

Best advice yet. Hopefully we're all not here at 135 screaming that A.J. Few Jr.'s teams can't finish games and his teams play tentative.

Get better Reborn

Oregonzagnut
03-08-2014, 03:49 PM

Go Zags!!!

I hear just one kidney stone that doesn't pass easily can make a guy regret not staying hydrated better. I guess not all things come to pass.

Get better reborn, and don't worry, your posts aren't "fisty". A little feisty on occasion though. :)