PDA

View Full Version : AM I the only one

former1dog
02-28-2014, 08:15 AM
Who feels very comfortable and confident when Ryan Edwards comes into the game?

Usually when a freshman, who doesn't play a lot comes into the game I'm nervous they're going to screw up big time, especially forwards and centers. I don't have that feeling at all with Edwards.

kitzbuel
02-28-2014, 08:20 AM
No, you are not. There has been a lot of responses from pleasantly surprised Zaggies with the same sentiment.

He is turning into a very reliable backup that I am pretty comfortable with seeing in the rotation. It will be very interesting to see what happens with Redshirts next year.

LongIslandZagFan
02-28-2014, 08:21 AM

Usually when a freshman, who doesn't play a lot comes into the game I'm nervous they're going to screw up big time, especially forwards and centers. I don't have that feeling at all with Edwards.

No, you aren't the only one.

I do think he would benefit from a redshirt season but that may not be in the cards. Next year would make sense if they get Sabonis. Based on his size... he will never be on the court at the same time as PK... but you could definitely see Sabonis or Wiltjer at the 4 spot along side him.

From the hemming and hawing about this kid after he signed, you'd have expected him the be a smidge better than Foster. IMHO he has absolutely tremendous upside and when PK leaves they'll be in good hands.

cjm720
02-28-2014, 08:22 AM
Edwards shows immense promise. I don't think he'll ever be an explosive player, but he sure does a lot right. Love what I've heard about his work ethic too.

former1dog
02-28-2014, 08:23 AM
No, you are not. There has been a lot of responses from pleasantly surprised Zaggies with the same sentiment.

He is turning into a very reliable backup that I am pretty comfortable with seeing in the rotation. It will be very interesting to see what happens with Redshirts next year.

His hands are really good and he does all the fundamental stuff you want him to do. He blocks out. He defends properly. Despite his size he doesn't seem to slow or lumbering. He doesn't commit stupid fouls. He seems to play smart. He makes his free throws.

Zagdawg
02-28-2014, 08:24 AM
He is going to be be a solid option at center when he gets some more experience.

I am excited about his future as a Zag.

jazzdelmar
02-28-2014, 08:24 AM
Unflappable.

gonzagafan62
02-28-2014, 08:26 AM
I like Ryan. He is a solid defender. Just wish he wouldn't look so crazy when he has the ball. Got a lousy call going for position too. didn't like that at all.

JPtheBeasta
02-28-2014, 08:29 AM

Love the foul shooting. If Karno leaves after next year we seem to be in good hands.

SWZag
02-28-2014, 08:41 AM
Future is bright. Need more games like yesterday where he can gain extremely valuable game time experience. Watched him closely yesterday when a shot went up on the defensive end. He would look for the closest guy to block out and force his way there and got into position. Not always the best position yet, but sure had the right thing in mind. Room to grow, but he's still young. Plenty for us to look forward to.

SWZag

ZAGLAWQB
02-28-2014, 08:55 AM
It will be so rewarding for him as he is coachable, bright, and picks up "basketball pointers" like a sponge...Add a little "Mean" positioning both offensive and defensively and the coaches and his teammates will happily rely on him.
BUT, the real capper is this kid can shoot the 15 footer and it will be a thing of magic when he gets some in-game rhythm and confidence...other teams are going to shake their heads when they try to design a defense for him.
REDSHIRT HIM PLEASE!