PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the 2014 WCC Season Champs!

GoZags
02-27-2014, 08:09 PM
Hang a Banner (and keep it Rollin' Champs).

ZagaZags
02-27-2014, 08:09 PM
How sweet this feels. #1 seed in Vegas. I love it.

titopoet
02-27-2014, 08:10 PM
Still believe in a deep march run

kitzbuel
02-27-2014, 08:10 PM
Two in a row now. It really is a great accomplishment given the challenges and struggles this team has had to face, especially with the overall improved play of the conference.

Great job!

Now let's keep winning!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Zagdawg
02-27-2014, 08:14 PM
Great job!!! Lets keep it going and make this a memorable season.

zag67
02-27-2014, 08:16 PM
Super season and look forward to Vegas. By the way does anyone know where the WCC tournament is next year?

KStyles
02-27-2014, 08:19 PM
Super season and look forward to Vegas. By the way does anyone know where the WCC tournament is next year?

The Orleans. March 4-9, 2015.

http://www.wccsports.com/ot/14-wcc-championships.html

wnczagfan
02-27-2014, 08:24 PM
Great job, Zags!

zag67
02-27-2014, 08:49 PM
Thanks kstyles. I could not find it.

RenoZag
02-27-2014, 08:55 PM
Nice turnout of Zag fans at The Spanos Center tonight. Some of the facility staff were commenting before the game re: the expected overall size of the gate to eclipse 5000.
FWIW, there were tickets to be had via walk-up sales at the box office.

Congrats to the Gonzaga Bulldogs !!

Mantua
02-27-2014, 09:01 PM
For the first few minutes I was braced...and then they won!

Congratulations Zags! Good game!

bartruff1
02-27-2014, 09:16 PM
For the first few minutes I was braced...and then they won!

Congratulations Zags! Good game!

Me too...and then Kevin took the fing game over.... Jazz said it all in two words when the season started... " Kevin metronome ".....

CDC84
02-27-2014, 09:21 PM
Congrats indeed! 13 out of 14 now. This stuff matters, no what matter what anyone says.

That being said, it's really important to get another win on Saturday. SMC is #62 in the RPI. There is another top 100 win to be had to enhance the NCAA tourney resume.

It was really obvious from the get go tonight that the Zags felt this was a must win situation. Not only could they not afford another 100+ RPI loss, but they also didn't want to have to win at SMC - their chief rival in the league - to win the title outright. Nor did they want to lose 3 games in a row...something that has never happened to Coach Few since he took over. The effort and focus was there from the very start.

CDC84
02-27-2014, 09:23 PM
Nice turnout of Zag fans at The Spanos Center tonight.

A buddy told me that that was the largest crowd Pacific has had for a game since 2005. If the Zags had been ranked and Pacific higher up in the standings, it would've been a total sell out. Some folks may not realize that the Spanos Center is actually bigger than K2.

Reborn
02-27-2014, 09:28 PM
A buddy told me that that was the largest crowd Pacific has had for a game since 2005. If the Zags had been ranked and Pacific higher up in the standings, it would've been a total sell out. Some folks may not realize that the Spanos Center is actually bigger than K2.

I heard it holds 10,000. There were probably at least 7 or 8 thousand fans there, and I think GU had a lot there too.

Bocco
02-27-2014, 09:33 PM
a conference championship is always nice - congrats to the team on winning it this year

reborn - fyi the Spanos Center capacity is only 6,150

Reborn
02-27-2014, 09:37 PM
Congrats Zags!!! I'm really proud of you guys. It was really nice to see most of you playing really hard tonight, and leaving it all on the court. Proud of how Kevin stepped up and took over the first half. You need to do that a lot more Kevin. Come on. And also I was totally psyched to see Drew's threes falling. As Kevin and Drew began making threes, I knew we were going to win because we were playing tough defense tonight (once we got some tough guys in there down low).

I figured if you guys played tough on defense like you used to do that you'd win. Nice to see the bench playing so long. I know it was an accident, but at some point Few needs to realize that our bench just may be our strength. Edwards played such a GREAT GAME IMO. He is a true warrior and I love how that kid fights. That,imo, is what a Zag is really about. Guys like Spinks. I think Few needs to remember those guys and those early years. Meikle gave some courageous minutes too. Nice to see that it was the bench who once again came through for the team.

Let's get ready for Saturday now.

Go Zags!!!

ZagaZags
02-27-2014, 09:44 PM
Damn, this is a slow night considering GU just won the WCC.

Oregonzagnut
02-27-2014, 09:54 PM
Damn, this is a slow night considering GU just won the WCC.

Shock. Since half the posters like myself, question the starting 5 and the rotation choices, it seems we really did get to see a bit of everything and it paid off IMO. I am sure that Pacific had not prepared for such a spread of talent and fresh legs.

Big impact by the bench in that they didn't make many mistakes and really wore down Pacific.

Zags11
02-27-2014, 10:09 PM
Awesome win. Great team win. Hang the banner!

Rio Runner
02-27-2014, 10:10 PM
I heard it holds 10,000. There were probably at least 7 or 8 thousand fans there, and I think GU had a lot there too.

The Spanos Center holds just over 6000. I was at the game tonight. Yes, it was their biggest crowd since 2005, but there were still hundreds of empty seats.

Yes, I did see a lot of GU fans. The Zags travel well.

ZagaZags
02-27-2014, 10:38 PM
The Spanos Center holds just over 6000. I was at the game tonight. Yes, it was their biggest crowd since 2005, but there were still hundreds of empty seats.

Or does Gonzaga have fans all across America?

caduceus
02-27-2014, 11:37 PM
Didn't see it posted, but the women clinched tonight as well (10 consecutive years). Congrats to both the men and the women!

Zag79
02-28-2014, 12:56 AM
Goal one accomplished, congrats fella! Closed it out easier than some teams of past, and all during a "down year"... Or not.

bigblahla
02-28-2014, 05:07 AM
Congrats to Coach, staff and TEAM and all associated with the program. Special congrats to Sudden Sam and Stocks and DB43...for their not on our watch determination as seniors to bring home the conference title.

Go!! Zags!!!

wnczagfan
02-28-2014, 05:23 AM
Congrats to Coach, staff and TEAM and all associated with the program. Special congrats to Sudden Sam and Stocks and DB43...for their not on our watch determination as seniors to bring home the conference title.

Go!! Zags!!!

+1

Agreed. They looked like a hungry pack of dogs last night (Bulldogs!); like they wanted the ball, and were going to take it away from Pacific every time they had it. Nice to see that energy, attitude, and enthusiasm. If they can bring that every game, we are going to be tough to beat here on out. Go Zags!

Reborn
02-28-2014, 07:14 AM
Waking up the day after the game with a big smile on my face. It feels good to be champions of the WCC AGAIN. It's been a tough, challenging road this year. It was great seeing Pangos and Barham step up their games tonight and nail down the win. The defense was very good, and the intensity was where it needs to be. There was a whole lot of fight in the Zags tonight. I like it when they play tough, with lots of energy. It was good seeing the Zags get to the foul line a lot.

I thought Few coached a great game, and I liked the substitutions. It was great to see how many of the guys played a role in one of the biggest games of the year, and the one that clinched the conference title. In the end this was a game that showed the strength of the TEAM. Congratulations, guys. Now get St. Mary's tomorrow night.

Go Zags!!!

RenoZag
02-28-2014, 12:00 PM

This morning's Stockton Record reported attendance was 5445. . .nice venue for a ball game.

Zagdawg
02-28-2014, 12:14 PM
Where is Jazz when you need him.....this thread is way TOO positive. ;)

Go Zags

McZag
02-28-2014, 12:16 PM
Here here. Congrats indeed.

Zags11
02-28-2014, 12:16 PM
Lol. Go zaaaaaags!