• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GoZags
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

OT .... but worth a read

and I believe I am a better person for having read this Carolina fan's story.

sigpic
    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
    Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.
  • SWZag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Thank you very much for sharing. Tear up just thinking about the relationship they have. Beautiful and puts things definitely into perspective.

"We've said some things we have always wanted to say but never really said," Christopher says. "Mostly, we've just been together. She just likes me being around. I don't feel like I have to do much other than just be there. I want her to know that she'll always be in my heart and I'll be in hers. That's the worst part, thinking about being apart."
    "The players were running up and down the court, and I just watched her for about two minutes straight," he says. "I was so amazed by how beautiful she was, and how elegant and at peace she looked. People were screaming and jumping and I would clap because everyone else was clapping, but then I would go back to her. It was two of the most beautiful minutes I have ever had. I'm going to keep those moments in my head forever."
    And I can't imagine:
    On one recent day, the mother-daughter duo went together to pick out Meredith's gravesite, an unimaginable trip for any parent.

Robin sobbed. Meredith consoled her.
    SWZag

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

• GoZags
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

I appreciated this line ... when her husband suggested leaving Thursday's Duke/Carolina game early ....

She gave him a look that every husband has seen from every wife. "No," she said firmly, and he did not ask again.
      sigpic
      ——-
      List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
      Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• sittingon50
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Thanks GZ.
        But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• 77Zag
          Zag for Life
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
          and I believe I am a better person for having read this Carolina fan's story.

http://www.goheels.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=209415803
          +1
          “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

• WBM
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Oct 2013

You know, I was just sitting here in my office resenting how much money a current plumbing project at my house is going to cost me. And then I read this article, and now I couldn't care less -- I am just happy to have my wife.

That's a beautiful story about a beautiful person. Puts things in perspective.

Comment

• former1dog
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Damnit Gozags!

You should mark this NSFW. I can't be crying in my office, people will think I'm weirder than I really am.

Comment

• Reborn
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2007

Dang you GoZags: I guess you knew I needed a good cry today. But these are tears of witnessing such beauty. I could relate to how she loved her Tar Heels. It is refreshing to read about it. And yet, some people say, "It's just a game." I could never understand that kind of thinking. This article is one of the best written stories about Love. Love for a team, love for a husband and family. and mostly, the love for life. Truly inspiring. Do yourself a favor and read it, if you can stand crying.

Go Zags

Go Tar Heels

I would love to play them in the NCAA's
                Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• zagporvida
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Jul 2007

No kidding! Trying to hold it in here at work after reading that.

Comment

• primal23
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Thank you for posting this. Really puts things in perspective. Tearing up like crazy after reading that. Even more glad now that UNC won that game, gave her a wonderful memory to take with her to the afterlife. And, loved the bit about Vitale and Bilas, Vitale can be annoying to listen to, but he is a sweet wonderful person.
                    11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
                    "Make it yourself"
                    "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
                    "Okay"

Comment

• Radbooks
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jun 2007

Thanks for posting this. I'm amazed and inspired by her courage - hers and her family's.
                      “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

• GoZags
                        Super Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
                        Damnit Gozags!

You should mark this NSFW. I can't be crying in my office, people will think I'm weirder than I really am.
                        Fair warning F1 ..... Meredith's obituary in the Charlotte Observer.

I'd like to say I don't know why this has moved me in the manner that it has, but I understand that many of the things she held so dear to her heart are concepts I grasp as well.

I hope and pray that if needed I too can show the courage, honor and dignity this remarkable woman did.

As the 1 for 10 showed by "GoClang" the night of the last game in K1 showed I sure didn't get her free-throw shooting prowess.

sigpic
                        ——-

Comment

Working...
                        X