• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GrizZAG
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2009

Nunez, Coleman, Edwards, Meikle and more

We have been able to see these guys on the floor now a bit with the exception of Meikle for some unknown reason. What is your take on these players now that we have seen them? Some have said this a boring team and would these guys bring some fire to the game that some view as missing? My take:

Nunez: Very athletic with great hops. Can drive and should be able to garner lots of rebounds. How is his "D"?

Coleman: Adapting to our system, not quite comfortable in his role just yet but is just flat athletic and exciting at times. Does he have good BB IQ?

Edwards: Seems he has it within him to bang and defend. Decent passing skills and under control pretty well. I wonder about his aggressiveness and energy. ??

Meikle: I hope I am spelling it right (?) What little I saw he has some game. Anybody know what the hold up on him is? I like his size and we could use SIZE.

Others: Connor Griffin: Hmm, seems he has some good talent but not showing up much of anywhere in game except last 30 seconds. Others??

What is your eval at this point? What will it take to get the WOW factor back in this Zag team? Would Coleman have learned and developed into another Pargo had he gotten more minutes this year?
    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!
  • Vanzagger
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Luke and Angel came into the game together vs Santa Clara and really swung the momentum in our favor.
    Think Big. No think Bigger than that!

Comment

• gonwick
      Kennel Club Alum
      • Mar 2008

What would be awesome is if there weren't so many question marks at the end of the season for all of these players. Some of that is on the players for not meeting few's expectations in the often scant minutes they received, but a lot is on few for not exploring these players more fully. The Pepperdine blowout looms large in my memory when he kept the starters in until the last minutes.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

No panaceas in the bunch. But unmined as they are, no telling if there's any gold there.

Comment

• Ajay
          Redshirt
          • Feb 2014

I've state previously that Mielke reminds me of Pendo - not just the hair, but solid rebounder and good around the rim with quick put backs. WHERE IS HE? Agree that we need more Coleman and Nunez. Rest KP for the season.

Comment

• Zagceo
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Ajay View Post
            I've state previously that Mielke reminds me of Pendo - not just the hair, but solid rebounder and good around the rim with quick put backs. WHERE IS HE? Agree that we need more Coleman and Nunez. Rest KP for the season.
            Mielke usually sits between Coleman and Nunez. ; )

Comment

• primal23
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Maybe three open scholarships next year instead of just two?
              11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
              "Make it yourself"
              "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
              "Okay"

Comment

• gonwick
                Kennel Club Alum
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                Mielke usually sits between Coleman and Nunez. ; )
                Well done.

Comment

• northsidezagfan
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2009

Until these guys get more time it isn't a "rebuilding year", it's just a down year. Yes, still a solid year but down by Gonzaga standards. Not saying we should just give up, mail it in this year, not play DS/DB/SD because they will be gone next year, but we do need to develop these guys more. There is no building going on right now.

Comment

• hooter73
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jun 2008

there hasnt been building going on since Maui.

Comment

• exclusivelee
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2013

Glad to know my opinion is appreciated

Comment

• vandalzag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Comments deleted due to.....?

Comment

• exclusivelee
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by vandalzag View Post
                          Exactly my point.

Comment

• Oregonzagnut
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by vandalzag View Post
                            Three choices:

1. Questioning Few.
                            2. Questioning players.
                            3. Questioning mods.
                            “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

• ZagaZags
                              Banned
                              • May 2010

Originally posted by GrizZAG View Post
                              We have been able to see these guys on the floor now a bit with the exception of Meikle for some unknown reason. What is your take on these players now that we have seen them? Some have said this a boring team and would these guys bring some fire to the game that some view as missing? My take:

Nunez: Very athletic with great hops. Can drive and should be able to garner lots of rebounds. How is his "D"?

Coleman: Adapting to our system, not quite comfortable in his role just yet but is just flat athletic and exciting at times. Does he have good BB IQ?

Edwards: Seems he has it within him to bang and defend. Decent passing skills and under control pretty well. I wonder about his aggressiveness and energy. ??

Meikle: I hope I am spelling it right (?) What little I saw he has some game. Anybody know what the hold up on him is? I like his size and we could use SIZE.

Others: Connor Griffin: Hmm, seems he has some good talent but not showing up much of anywhere in game except last 30 seconds. Others??

What is your eval at this point? What will it take to get the WOW factor back in this Zag team? Would Coleman have learned and developed into another Pargo had he gotten more minutes this year?
                              Nunez has the tools to be an NBA prospect.
                              Coleman is the most aggressive player on the team.
                              Edwards, I said 6 months ago he was a gem.
                              Meikle, GoZags said it best, Meikle is a Mark Spink clone.http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/...k-spink-1.html

Comment

Working...
                              X