PDA

View Full Version : I PUT THE BLAME SQUARELY ON ...

gamagin
02-22-2014, 11:41 PM
STOCKTON.

DAMN YOU, STOCKS. YOU HAVE RUINED OUR LIVES. PERHAPS FOREVER.

HAD YOU MADE THAT LAST SHOT, WE WOULD HAVE WON !!!

A. N. D. SOME OF US (maybe) WOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU ANOTHER TEMPORARY PASS. WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE, OF COURSE.

BUT NOOoooooo.

YOU FAILED US. AGAIN.

YOU HAD S E V E N F U L L SECONDS TO MAKE SIX measly POINTS AND GET US A WIN, A WCC CHAMPIONSHIP. AND, SPEAKING FOR MYSELF HERE, I COULD HAVE GOTTEN LAID. MAYBE.

B. U. T. YOU ONLY MADE A LOUSY THREE ! YOU QUIT ON US. YOU FOLDED LIKE A CHEAP SUIT. BY PIDDLING AWAY THE LAST .01 SECONDS OF THE GAME. GEEZ!

THANKS FOR NOTHING !

Zagsker
02-22-2014, 11:43 PM
I blame Few

Guy can not adjust or think outside his tiny box

ToreroStudent
02-22-2014, 11:45 PM
I blame Few

Guy can not adjust or think outside his tiny box

He and Grier are seriously cut from the same cloth.

exclusivelee
02-22-2014, 11:46 PM
OP needs MOAR caps

Oregonzagnut
02-23-2014, 12:45 AM
No one has ever blamed stockton, it is about the fact that Few has started him for so long at the expense of actually developing a wing/3. That wing/3 we need to win physical games like what we see on the road and in March. That quallity wing that is sitting on our bench. Stockton is a PG. Why are we playing 2 PGs and a SG? He should back up Pangos and Bell and not force Bell and Pangos to play for 35-38 minutes WITH STOCKTON. that is why you have a back up team. We have no starting wing or small forward.

It is on Few, not stockton. But your sarcasm is duly noted even if it is deliberately insulting and obviously mis-directed towards Stockton and not the head coach.

BTW, this contest was decided by the refs. 33 FT's for USD and 11 for us. 23 made by USD and 6 by us.

the flopping, cheap shots and constant drawn up ticky-tack fouls were a WCC refs dream come true. We shot 50%!! USD shot 40%!!

I think we get your agenda Gam, but now most people are seeing the problem with starting Stockton all year. WE have neglected developing our bench and we are stuck with a small 3 guard lineup. But fans will be fans and you can't change that. Fans are disappointed at seeing guys with the specific skills we need during games sit on the bench while we choke and get our luggage handed to us. game after game after game, our confidence and moxy is gone. Teams have a blueprint to beat us if they are willing to defend and run and rebound for the entire 40 minutes.

jim77
02-23-2014, 01:10 AM
Stockton ain't the problem...he feeds the bigs.....the problem is we don't need 3 guards on the floor.

Hokis
02-23-2014, 04:36 AM
If this was last year id agree with you even if you weren't being sarcastic lol

This year? Stockton has been our best PG. He still doesn't need to be in there with Pangos and Bell.

Vanzagger
02-23-2014, 05:25 AM
Stockton's over/under was horrible last night, just as it was vs Southern and Wichita St. But I also put more blame on coach for never developing a true wing.

I think it's in Mark Few's blood to to have a short pg. Someone he can see eye to eye with. Then take our big guards and make them small forwards and power forwards.

I'm not giving up on these players. The way things are there is not a big margin for error though.

Blackbeard
02-23-2014, 05:52 AM
I'll speak for all the Stockton haters here as I am the probably the worst. I don't dislike Stockton, he is probably a stand up guy personally but I hate the minutes that Few has given him this season. Stockton shoots 25% from three pointers and he should of been sitting on the bench the last few plays of the game. What was the point of OP's post?

jazzdelmar
02-23-2014, 05:58 AM
I'll speak for all the Stockton haters here as I am the probably the worst. I don't dislike Stockton, he is probably a stand up guy personally but I hate the minutes that Few has given him this season. Stockton shoots 25% from three pointers and he should of been sitting on the bench the last few plays of the game. What was the point of OP's post?

BB, agree 100% but be prepared the diminishing number of pro-DS posters will offer his 5 points in gar-baag time as proof positive his minutes are warranted. Doesn't matter, he starts vs. Pacific and SMC and in the WCC.

JPtheBeasta
02-23-2014, 07:31 AM
Stockton ain't the problem...he feeds the bigs.....the problem is we don't need 3 guards on the floor.

This.

Ezag
02-23-2014, 07:40 AM
This.

I BLAME SPANGLER AND GIBBS! Damn them for not being there when we need them the most!

gamagin
02-23-2014, 07:44 AM
[QUOTE=jazzdelmar;988923]BB, agree 100% but be prepared the diminishing number of pro-DS posters will offer his 5 points in gar-baag time as proof positive his minutes are warranted. Doesn't matter, he starts vs. Pacific and SMC and. Blah blah blah blah. ME. ]

JAZZ:
Thanks for running around once again, dropping bloody stools and, true to form, using your insights to maintain that steady .100 batting average for accuracy, insight and added value.

But credit where it's due. Despite decent to really good stats, assists and steals worthy of respect, contributions if not spark and energy in virtually every game he's been in, he's not good enough for guys named Jazz.

Without you this board would be that bar where people go to learn something. Thanks to you, it's all about you. And what you have been saying for about five years.

It's been a campaign and you, in your pathetic, sinister, cowardly, way, have only been beaten back into your personal hellhole a few times, to lick your wounds, whine that you are the victim, and recover from the reality that you have been, statistically and in reality, wrong, and thus wasted five years of your life, ragging on a Zag that has earned his place high up among some great names in the annals of GU basketball.

But wait. Wait. Hold your horses. First, we need to know what Jazz thinks. And a few others at times, even a guy under heavy medication rises up to demand he be benched. It's downright amazing. But here we are.

DS's accomplishments, stats supporting his actual versus perceived contributions, don't matter as much as what this addle-plated pair have to say.

All these assists and steals mean nothing. Not until that 1.00 hitter and his little yapping dogs, too, say so. Even Your self proclaimed bravery is included in your warnings. You cover all the bases. YOUR bases.

So Instead of putting DS up on the wall, this needs to be up there, instead. Finally, I understand.

"Jazz was right. Height matters. Few is overrated. Height matters. Few is bizarro. I am being followed. Did I mention height ? Oh, and I'm a martyr. I'm not crazy. Oh, and lastly, is my mic still on (?) ... I bought two guys lunch once. So I'm a good guy."

There you go, Jazz. Hope that helps. It's up there so you don't have to continue saying this. I hope you can get some rest now. Mission accomplished. At ease, soldier.

I hope, too, you can get all that on your tombstone. God knows you've earned it. Mother Theresa is overrated compared to your devotion to what's important here. Thank you for giving a life well lived to this school, this program and mostly to those two guys you bought lunch for.

kclubfounder
02-23-2014, 07:56 AM
[QUOTE=jazzdelmar;988923]BB, agree 100% but be prepared the diminishing number of pro-DS posters will offer his 5 points in gar-baag time as proof positive his minutes are warranted. Doesn't matter, he starts vs. Pacific and SMC and. Blah blah blah blah. ME. ]

JAZZ:
Thanks for running around once again, dropping bloody stools and, true to form, using your insights to maintain that steady .100 batting average for accuracy, insight and added value.

But credit where it's due. Despite decent to really good stats, assists and steals worthy of respect, contributions if not spark and energy in virtually every game he's been in, he's not good enough for guys named Jazz.

Without you this board would be that bar where people go to learn something. Thanks to you, it's all about you. And what you have been saying for about five years.

It's been a campaign and you, in your pathetic, sinister, cowardly, way, have only been beaten back into your personal hellhole a few times, to lick your wounds, whine that you are the victim, and recover from the reality that you have been, statistically and in reality, wrong, and thus wasted five years of your life, ragging on a Zag that has earned his place high up among some great names in the annals of GU basketball.

But wait. Wait. Hold your horses. First, we need to know what Jazz thinks. And a others at times, even when they are under heavy medication, they rise up to demand he be benched. It's downright amazing. But here we are. DS's accomplishments, stats supporting his actual versus perceived contributions, don't matter as much as what this addle-plated pair have to say.

All this assists and steals mean nothing. Not until that 1.00 hitter and his little dogs, too, say so.

Instead of putting DS up on the wall, this needs to be up there, instead. Finally, I understand.

"Jazz was right. Height matters. Few is overrated. Height matters. Few is bizarro. I am being followed. Did I mention height ? Oh, and I'm a martyr. I'm not crazy. Oh, and lastly, is my mic still on (?) ... I bought two guys lunch once. So I'm a good guy."

There you go, Jazz. Hope that helps.

I hope, too, you can get all that on your tombstone. God knows you've earned it. Mother Theresa is overrated compared to your devotion to what's important here. Thank you for giving a life well lived to this school, this program and mostly to those two guys you bought lunch for.

:lmao:

gamagin
02-23-2014, 08:04 AM
+1

OP needs MOAR caps

DixieZag
02-23-2014, 08:29 AM
Jeez gam, sometimes jazz can go overboard in the negative.

But, this three small guard thing is an extremely legitimate observation made by a lot of people around here and a lot of the people who've been watching every home game for years. Doesn't make us coaches, doesn't make us better than Few, just is a point. Take it or leave it.

Instead you take it way over the top the other way. Weird.

webspinnre
02-23-2014, 08:33 AM
Absolutely agree that the problem isn't Stockton per se, the problem is Stockton on the floor with 2 other guards who are also 6'2" or less, rather than something like Stockton, one of Bell/Pangos, then a bigger wing. I'm fine with any version of Stockton/Bell/wing, Stockton/Pangos/wing or Pangos/Bell/wing, where we're getting someone like KD, AN or GC on there so we've always got at least some amount of size/length/athleticism there.

drvenkman05
02-23-2014, 08:48 AM

JAZZ:

But wait. Wait. Hold your horses. First, we need to know what Jazz thinks. And a few others at times, even a guy under heavy medication rises up to demand he be benched. It's downright amazing. But here we are.

DS's accomplishments, stats supporting his actual versus perceived contributions, don't matter as much as what this addle-plated pair have to say.

All these assists and steals mean nothing. Not until that 1.00 hitter and his little yapping dogs, too, say so. Even Your self proclaimed bravery is included in your warnings. You cover all the bases. YOUR bases.

So Instead of putting DS up on the wall, this needs to be up there, instead. Finally, I understand.

There you go, Jazz. Hope that helps. It's up there so you don't have to continue saying this. I hope you can get some rest now. Mission accomplished. At ease, soldier.

Sheesh, such a "the system matters more than winning" post. We get that you believe Few can do no wrong and coaches a perfect game each and every game.

demian
02-23-2014, 08:50 AM
very weird

Jeez gam, sometimes jazz can go overboard in the negative.

But, this three small guard thing is an extremely legitimate observation made by a lot of people around here and a lot of the people who've been watching every home game for years. Doesn't make us coaches, doesn't make us better than Few, just is a point. Take it or leave it.

Instead you take it way over the top the other way. Weird.

Rio Runner
02-23-2014, 08:58 AM
Outside of the childish comments from the person who started this thread, the observations thereafter have been legitimate. I like Stockton, I love his aggressiveness and creativity, but he has some serious shortcomings, including the fact that he can't score outside of a lay up. I'd personally like to see him come off the bench with 5-10 fewer minutes per game. But we know Coach Few is rigid in his rotations, so that ain't happening.

jazzdelmar
02-23-2014, 09:05 AM
Gamagin just jumped the shark. Not a pretty sight. Nothing to see here, move along.

I'm cool but his comment about Reborn is vile.

Reborn
02-23-2014, 09:13 AM
BB, agree 100% but be prepared the diminishing number of pro-DS posters will offer his 5 points in gar-baag time as proof positive his minutes are warranted. Doesn't matter, he starts vs. Pacific and SMC and in the WCC.

David Stockton has had some good games this year. Everyone knows that. However, he has also has some really bad games. IMO, when David can not score and continues to play despite this, the Zags will lose. The problem is not all David's. It as much as Kevin's fault. Kevin has been terrible on the road, and when he cannot score and David can not score, our offense suffers dramatically. Added to this problem is that when Kyle Dranginis, who is another player Few loves, is off then the Zags are really in trouble. And then, added to that, when Drew Barham is not scoring (0 points last night) you have a receipt for defeat. The Zags actually looked pretty good when David went to the bench. They almost pulled it off. IMO, David was looking to shoot all night long, and he was off. IMO, he is NOT a scorer, and should not be one on this team. When he is shooting well, it's definitely a plus, but unfortunately it's just inconsistent.

I believe that the reason this has all developed into a problem is because there are two guys on the bench, Coleman and Nunez, who have done pretty well this year, and yet Few continues to ignor their contributions. Coleman played 4 minutes last night and scored 4 points. Nunez played 8 minutes with two points and 3 rebounds. He was all over those boards. There are many people who believe Coleman and Nunez should be playing more. We believe they should have been playing more all season and would even be so much better now if they had. I honestly believe that by the the majority of fans, at least those on the GUBoards, believe the small 3 guard offense is really the best that the Zags have. We believe, that although it has been effective, and very effective, at times, that it has also hurt the Zags in alot of games. I guess if you're willing to take the losses with the victories, and end up with a mediocre year, then it's been a good year. If you have believed in this team, and saw some real good things about it, and hoped for a pretty good year, then I guess you've been disappointed.

At this point in the season I am not disappointed yet, but very close. There is time to right the ship, and move on. This is going to be a very important week in this season, I hope with a lot of soul searching and heart to heart talk. It's not unusual to have a lull in a season, or to have a losing streak. But something needs to be done to rectify the situation. Honestly, I do not know what the real problem is. I am way too far away from the team. I can only guess what the problem is, and this is my guess. I still have high expectations for this team and am just not willing to give up. Winning the conference is the first goal of our team, and we are still in command of that. We still have a two game lead. Let's get 'er done and get ready for the next goal of winning the conference tournament title.

Go Zags!!!

Reborn
02-23-2014, 09:25 AM
Gamagin just jumped the shark. Not a pretty sight. Nothing to see here, move along.

I'm cool but his comment about Reborn is vile.

You're not just beginning to recognize that gamagin is vile. hahahahahaha He's not worth a single thought out of my mind. I hated reading the post aimed at you. How many is that now? I am just shocked that the moderators of this board continues to allow him to post whatever he wants here. I don't know Gamagin, but obviously he has a lot of clout with the Admin's that rule this board. He tarnishes an otherwise very good basketball forum, imo. The problem with Gamagin, and a couple others, is that he/they fail to recognize that this is a forum. Maybe they don't know what a forum is. It's possible. But to me a forum is a place to go and share and debate, and analyze basketball. A true forum would obviously have differing points of view. And they would all be respected for their beliefs. Reverting to name calling, and humiliating expressions (like the one aimed at me) should exclude that person from sharing on this board. There is no place for what he does. I am absolutely shocked at some of the things that come out of his heart. I'm glad you're holding up, friend. I am too. Gamagin is just wasting his thoughts about me. He has no power in my world. None.........Let's get ready for next week. It's a huge week.

Go Zags!!!

Zagceo
02-23-2014, 09:29 AM
You're not just beginning to recognize that gamagin is vile. hahahahahaha He's not worth a single thought out of my mind. I hated reading the post aimed at you. How many is that now? I am just shocked that the moderators of this board continues to allow him to post whatever he wants here. I don't know Gamagin, but obviously he has a lot of clout with the Admin's that rule this board. He tarnishes an otherwise very good basketball forum, imo. The problem with Gamagin, and a couple others, is that he/they fail to recognize that this is a forum. Maybe they don't know what a forum is. It's possible. But to me a forum is a place to go and share and debate, and analyze basketball. A true forum would obviously have differing points of view. And they would all be respected for their beliefs. Reverting to name calling, and humiliating expressions (like the one aimed at me) should exclude that person from sharing on this board. There is no place for what he does. I am absolutely shocked at some of the things that come out of his heart. I'm glad you're holding up, friend. I am too. Gamagin is just wasting his thoughts about me. He has no power in my world. None.........Let's get ready for next week. It's a huge week.

Go Zags!!!

+1

I also try to steer clear of his lawn.

ZagsGoZags
02-23-2014, 09:38 AM

JAZZ:

We are all fans. We have seen worse than this. Some fans on this board are fair-weather fans, but most of us are loyal in the down years, and this is one - although every other team in the WCC would rather have our record, so far, during this down year. But I don't understand a fan singling out another fan for an attack like this. We are all frustrated, but this seems like a departure from the usual respectfulness shown on this board to other posters. I propose we use our frustrations to rally behind the team, and not get too personal with other fans ... oh well ... just IMHO

gonwick
02-23-2014, 09:38 AM
Whoa. That post is out of bounds.

I look forward to next year when ds is gone, not because I think he is terrible, but because he has become kryptonite to the board. Maybe he has taken more lumps than he deserves, or maybe he has gotten special treatment. Regardless of where you fall on the spectrum please argue your point based on the players, not by name calling. I don't think anyone is excited that the team is mediocre this year.

northsidezagfan
02-23-2014, 09:43 AM

JAZZ:

:vomit-smiley-007:

Reborn
02-23-2014, 09:45 AM
+1

I also try to steer clear of his lawn.

:lmao: hahahahah good one!!! I do remember his post about "get off my lawn." lol

wnczagfan
02-23-2014, 10:26 AM
STOCKTON.

DAMN YOU, STOCKS. YOU HAVE RUINED OUR LIVES. PERHAPS FOREVER.

HAD YOU MADE THAT LAST SHOT, WE WOULD HAVE WON !!!

A. N. D. SOME OF US (maybe) WOULD HAVE GIVEN YOU ANOTHER TEMPORARY PASS. WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE, OF COURSE.

BUT NOOoooooo.

YOU FAILED US. AGAIN.

YOU HAD S E V E N F U L L SECONDS TO MAKE SIX measly POINTS AND GET US A WIN, A WCC CHAMPIONSHIP. AND, SPEAKING FOR MYSELF HERE, I COULD HAVE GOTTEN LAID. MAYBE.

B. U. T. YOU ONLY MADE A LOUSY THREE ! YOU QUIT ON US. YOU FOLDED LIKE A CHEAP SUIT. BY PIDDLING AWAY THE LAST .01 SECONDS OF THE GAME. GEEZ!

THANKS FOR NOTHING !

Haha. Great post!

Not sure how the thread devolved after that....but it had an amusing start.

I, for one, like Stockton. He is amazingly fun to watch, and he runs the offense well. When he is having an off game, he sits. I don't see the big problem. I do see a problem when other guards lay a stinker, and yet do not sit.

Never will understand why Stockton is such a lightning rod; I celebrate all he has achieved.

And I would have loved to have seen Stockton's last shot go down, and in time, although realistically there was not enough time on the clock to make it happen. I will say I imagine the comments
on this board would have been something to behold, if they are not already.

Pargo the Destroyer
02-23-2014, 10:32 AM

JAZZ:

Anyone see my jar of doosh-engil? OY VEY.

JPtheBeasta
02-23-2014, 10:39 AM
[QUOTE=gamagin;988943]

We are all fans. We have seen worse than this. Some fans on this board are fair-weather fans, but most of us are loyal in the down years, and this is one - although every other team in the WCC would rather have our record, so far, during this down year. But I don't understand a fan singling out another fan for an attack like this. We are all frustrated, but this seems like a departure from the usual respectfulness shown on this board to other posters. I propose we use our frustrations to rally behind the team, and not get too personal with other fans ... oh well ... just IMHO

The fact that SD stormed the court last night seems to suggest that we are our own worst critics right now. The rest of the WCC stills sees us as the team to beat and cherishes every victory against us. We are getting other teams' best efforts and we are coming up just short. It is still frustrating because we look a little lost right now. This is still a good bunch of guys to root for and every season has it's challenges- most years don't follow the departures of three great all-time Zags and a #- ranking, which makes it harder as a fan.

Zagceo
02-23-2014, 10:42 AM
JAZZ:

Your a bully and an embarrassment to this board.

gonwick
02-23-2014, 10:43 AM
I think my issue with Stockton has been that previously, when he did not perform, he did not sit while others had a super short leash. Some would say it was trust earned over five years. I thought it was an unreasonable course of action in a 3 guard offense that could only be justified if all 3 guards played amazingly. Lately, few has started sitting him when the game dictates. If it had been this way since the start, I'd have fewer issues. Well, fewer as a fan. I've still got plenty of issues.

This was intended as a follow up to wnczAgfan, but I screwed up the quote.

vandalzag
02-23-2014, 10:56 AM

So DS should have sat last night when he scored the 5 pts in 30 seconds of play, good thinking. Are you saying other players would have scored more. The use of the term "Hater" speaks to the intelligence of your post, unless you are Jazz then you get all giddy because somebody else is being Troll. The point of the initial post is that regardless of the facts, clowns on this board will pile on DS, when the others on the team were much more responsible for the results of the game.

jazzdelmar
02-23-2014, 11:01 AM
So DS should have sat last night when he scored the 5 pts in 30 seconds of play, good thinking. Are you saying other players would have scored more. The use of the term "Hater" speaks to the intelligence of your post, unless you are Jazz then you get all giddy because somebody else is being Troll. The point of the initial post is that regardless of the facts, clowns on this board will pile on DS, when the others on the team were much more responsible for the results of the game.

You jumped the shark a long time ago. Go and join Gamagin in time out.

vandalzag
02-23-2014, 11:03 AM
2 shots that cut the lead to single possession are garbage time, great analysis. So you would probably say the 5 assists did not matter since they happened in the first half. Funny how you are piling on an anti DS post in your typical troll fashion, when you were saying in the last couple of weeks saying that due to KP's issues DS should be seeing more time at PG. Were you just kidding again or did you forget to come up with a clever nickname?

vandalzag
02-23-2014, 11:05 AM
You jumped the shark a long time ago. Go and join Gamagin in time out.

I will try not to be too mean to you so you don't take your ball and go home. Really need to spare the board another of your "other posters are too mean to me" posts.

zag944
02-23-2014, 11:06 AM
I didn't even get the impression that Stockton was really getting jabs from this board all that much last night. There was one poster who was blocked around halftime, and one or two others.

The critics (myself included) mainly seem to be of the 3-guard lineup. Haven't liked it from the start of the season and I still don't. Early in the season Stockton seemed like the obvious choice to me to replace with a wing player. At the time I considered Bell and Pangos our two best players and it didn't make sense to me to sit one of them. KD, Coleman or maybe DB all seemed to make us more versatile. And while Stockton brings great things to the table I think two of those guys are just all around better players.

Right now though, I feel like most the heat I see is at Few for sticking with this lineup, which looks largely ineffective at times. When directed at a player, it seems like there is a lot more people calling for Pangos to be the one that needs to take a seat.

vandalzag
02-23-2014, 11:14 AM
I didn't even get the impression that Stockton was really getting jabs from this board all that much last night. There was one poster who was blocked around halftime, and one or two others.

The critics (myself included) mainly seem to be of the 3-guard lineup. Haven't liked it from the start of the season and I still don't. Early in the season Stockton seemed like the obvious choice to me to replace with a wing player. At the time I considered Bell and Pangos our two best players and it didn't make sense to me to sit one of them. KD, Coleman or maybe DB all seemed to make us more versatile. And while Stockton brings great things to the table I think two of those guys are just all around better players.

Right now though, I feel like most the heat I see is at Few for sticking with this lineup, which looks largely ineffective at times. When directed at a player, it seems like there is a lot more people calling for Pangos to be the one that needs to take a seat.

The reality last night is that Few did not stick with the 3 guard lineup and they lost. KD played 21 minutes, DB played 13 what exactly did they do? 5 pts 2 assists 2 rebounds. We needed somebody to penetrate and make things happen, in the first half that was DS and Coleman, other than that nothing.

gamagin
02-23-2014, 11:40 AM
Dear fellow BORED members.

Interesting feedback here, re the " problems." Here's a couple more sticks for the bonfire, fwiw.

I believe the problem(s) might also be that NONE of us really knows w.t.f. The problems are. And some seem to just make stuff up and call that the problem. This is a moving object most of the time but the axis and fallback position is anti DS.

Despite a dozen or so revelations over the past 2-3 weeks, eyewitnesses ( including MF, KP & oldZag CORY Violette -- who has access to practices), the 3 guard lineup & DS's name, has not come up. From those who are asked what is happening and why vs. those who know nothing and claim knowledge. The only thing we know is the 3-4 guard lineup appears to be the most efficient lineup more often than not.

So what happens ?

The stats are,there to better shed light on this, but the simple answer is this bored and the real world have been separated by a few egomaniacs whose agenda is wholly their own and has little to do with the facts, much less the discussion or the possible solutions, as laid out by the eyewitnesses. Even after two games in which the very same issues played themselves in front all but the blind, deaf and dumb.

The three guard lineup, when it comes to pinpointing the cause and the cure of this team's woes, is not even an agenda item. This BORED and the chairmen of the BORED, have been steering the less BORED members down their particular rabbit holes for AGES. BOREDOM is like mold. It just keeps spreading until it is surgically removed.

This site has become a classic example of taking the withered, mostly false, assertions from the brains of a couple really average posters and minds and spinning those tales into facts by simply repeating versus challenging them. Classic definition of insanity.

In recent weeks a number of stats guys & gals have produced what appear to be facts and figures without the usual prejudices & biases factored in.

They tend to show a much different pix than the propaganda that is served three to 100 times a day. 12 months a year.

But alas, the stats people can only last so long and produce so much to stem the tide of sh!t from the professional campaigners, who long ago locked onto their notions and are only slightly deterred by facts. One a$$hat considers facts to be attack points against him.

So here we are and there we go.

If anyone is actually interested in dealing in facts versus the meanderings of the anon typists, I suggest we replay the quotes from MF, KP, Cory Violette -- all of whom are eyewitnesses to practices -- about what is actually happening with this team. We make sure those interested agree on the facts as these eyewitnesses present them.

Then, if they are willing, we have Cad, numbers cruncher, and the other stats guys and gals offer over, again, the tables they consider to be the most telling to date.

THEN we might possibly be able to intelligently discuss this team without the noise of the campaign and the campaigners, the lobbyists and hangers on.

Without a clear picture the arguments will never cease.

The only thing that will change, thanks to term limits, will be someone like DS going away (to the school HOF) while the .100 average Pharisees start grooming the bored with some fresh new target to take his place.

That and the anon. War against Few. I am less bothered about Few, even though, like DS, his list of accomplishments should hardly be held up by no names with lame to zero evidence, as proof of failure. THAT is crazy.

Making these incredible facts and this amazing accomplishment into a bad thing will only work if we keep enabling all that jazz that keeps infecting real discourse, real statistics worthy of challenge & discussion. Someone's S.W.A.G. and those that insist on cleaving to their half A$$ed, unproven, speculation, accompanied by puffs of mostly acrid smoke, simply collapses under overwhelming evidence. Unless you are so stupid you think it worth defending someone because you know him. What you are doing is enabling this crap. And wasting everyone's time.

Now, get off my lawn.

Zagceo
02-23-2014, 11:52 AM
Dear fellow BORED members.
This site has become a classic example of taking the withered, mostly false, assertions from the brains of a couple really average posters and minds and spinning those tales into facts by simply repeating versus challenging them. Classic definition of insanity.

Total self projection!

drvenkman05
02-23-2014, 12:26 PM
Nice try, but as jazz said, you've jumped the shark. Performance at practice, ratios, etc. are ALL subservient to the only stat that matters - WINNING. Your entire argument is the same argument people used to "prove" that Denver was going to destroy Seattle in the Super Bowl - "Denver scored the most points ever, Manning threw more touchdowns than anyone before, etc." No statistic, position in the record books, etc. can change the fact that guys who are scoring are benched for guys who aren't scoring.

demian
02-23-2014, 12:38 PM
Well said

Your a bully and an embarrassment to this board.

northsidezagfan
02-23-2014, 12:58 PM
We get it, if it wasn't for the rest of us dumbing the place down you would be the Aristotle of this School of Athens. Get over yourself.

Seems like the lineup change du jour you and others want to see is a benched KP and keep DS out there. But the advanced stats you are so obsessed with don't support KP being more of a weak link. At all. RR since San Fran II: KP +30 DS -24. Really, who cares about career #s at that point.

As for the rest of this post..... :vomit-smiley-007:

zag944
02-23-2014, 01:02 PM
The reality last night is that Few did not stick with the 3 guard lineup and they lost. KD played 21 minutes, DB played 13 what exactly did they do? 5 pts 2 assists 2 rebounds. We needed somebody to penetrate and make things happen, in the first half that was DS and Coleman, other than that nothing.

True. I thought our worst stretch of the game was coming out of the half though. That was with the starting lineup.

I too wish we'd have played Coleman & Stockton more in the 2nd half.

BeachZag
02-23-2014, 01:44 PM
Oh sure, lets have Pangos in there to turn the ball over.

Rbo
02-23-2014, 08:39 PM
If there were a Zag Forum "Bitter Bus" gamagin and jazzdelmar would be fighting over the steering wheel.

Oregonzagnut
02-23-2014, 10:38 PM
If there were a Zag Forum "Bitter Bus" gamagin and jazzdelmar would be fighting over the steering wheel.

From my experience, Jazz limits his original opinions to basketball and the Gonzaga team. However unpopular they may be to some. But Jazz responds to my PMs, we discuss rationally and we agree on a lot and agree to disagree on a lot too. I have not found the same thing to be true with the other party. In fact I have encountered much offensive and frankly disgusting verbiage and I have not once been respected enough to discuss through PM.

For every 10 registered members we have 100 other members watching and reading. Opinions are to be respected, weighed and debated. But the simple fact is I have seen that in Jazz regularly, not ever in the "other party" and I have been part of this board for over a decade since scout.

ZagaZags
02-23-2014, 10:50 PM
From my experience, Jazz limits his original opinions to basketball and the Gonzaga team. However unpopular they may be to some. But Jazz responds to my PMs, we discuss rationally and we agree on a lot and agree to disagree on a lot too. I have not found the same thing to be true with the other party. In fact I have encountered much offensive and frankly disgusting verbiage and I have not once been respected enough to discuss through PM.

For every 10 registered members we have 100 other members watching and reading. Opinions are to be respected, weighed and debated. But the simple fact is I have seen that in Jazz regularly, not ever in the "other party" and I have been part of this board for over a decade since scout.

I love Jazz, he is the Yin to my Yang. Looking forward to having lunch with him. Happy B-Day Jazz.

exclusivelee
02-24-2014, 12:25 AM

That definitely was not garbage time. Stockton was just about the only Zag with the will to win against San Diego other than Sam and Shem.

Pangos choked up 3 turnovers in crunch time and Bell also gave the ball away 3 times. Bell only took 2 shots in the 2nd half after 11 first half points and Kevin only had 4 points, only making 1 field goal on a floater in the first half and then settling for a long 2 in the 2nd half (wish he attempt more jumpers from inside the arc just to switch it up)

and Barham did his best to NOT shoot the ball despite several touches beyond the 3 point line. Is he scared to attempt a shot when he is not completely wide open? Someone should make a chart comparing his percentage of 3's made unguarded & when guarded.

I dont think Stockton should be a starter but this wasnt the only game where he put the team on his back (watch the end of the Kansas State game on youtube... he scored 6 of our final 8 points), trying to will a comeback when most others did their best to choke the game away

gozagswoohoo
02-24-2014, 06:06 AM
I have to chime in here.

While Jazz's opinion is not often the most popular, he at least keeps it about basketball. It's his opinion (which often STINKS! haha), but from everything I can remember, he always keeps it about basketball. This is a message board. There are thousands of members. We will ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS have some people who don't think certain players (or coaches) deserve to be representing GU. But unless there are personal attacks going on, there's nothing I can do about it as a mod. Annoying as some may think Jazz's thoughts are, he is entitled to them, and you ALWAYS have the option to use the ignore function.

That being said, gam's response goes beyond just basketball thoughts, and I have been debating all weekend whether or not it should be deleted or if warnings/timeouts should be given. Gam, I don't get what your posts in this thread are accomplishing? If anything, it just sounds like you're TRYING to start something. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, maybe I'm misinterpreting, but it also looks like I'm not the only one that is questioning it.

As many have stated over and over and over for about 2 months now, this board has really gone downhill. But, Gonzaga has grown to be SO popular, and we are gaining members every single day to the forum....you can't expect that everyone is always going to share the same views as you. And honestly, it's not like this 'problem' will ever get any better. We are always going to have people that disagree, and some people are much more argumentative than others, and some people flat-out know more about basketball than others (and you must also add those that THINK they know more about basketball, yet in reality they don't know much at all...), throw all of these in one forum together, and it can get nasty. But what we DO have control over, is how we treat eachother in here. There is absolutely no reason, and no ROOM, for us to be personally attacking other posters because of their thoughts. If you think a poster crosses the line with his thoughts on zag player or coach, please report it, I'll be happy to remove it. But in the meantime, why attack each other? I just don't get it. My sweet ole gam-gam, God rest her soul, always used to tell me to treat every single person like you think Jesus would treat them. I know that's never going to happen in an internet forum, but just saying...

I'll leave you with the famous words of Aristotle~ "Quit being huge donkey-turds to eachother on the internet"

GrizZAG
02-24-2014, 06:15 AM
WooHoo, you da man!

drvenkman05
02-24-2014, 07:17 AM
Great post woohoo!

Zagceo
02-24-2014, 07:18 AM
Thank you woohoo

cjm720
02-24-2014, 07:39 AM
Early in the season Stocks was getting credit for opening up things for our scoring guards (and of course the bigs), but now he's perceived as hurting those scoring guards (Pangos and Bell). Hmm, maybe it's on those guys and the fact they aren't who they were prior to the injuries.

SteeleMan
02-24-2014, 07:54 AM
Hmmm... Just think if K.O. was still in Spokane, rather than Boston.

zag944
02-24-2014, 07:56 AM
Early in the season Stocks was getting credit for opening up things for our scoring guards (and of course the bigs), but now he's perceived as hurting those scoring guards (Pangos and Bell). Hmm, maybe it's on those guys and the fact they aren't who they were prior to the injuries.

I agree with you. But given this, doesn't that make the 3 of them an odd combination of players to have out there for extended periods of time? I really don't like playing the blame game with any of the players because I think they can all make contributions like the top players on this team that they are. The lineup just strikes me as odd and I don't understand it.

cjm720
02-24-2014, 08:07 AM
I agree with you. But given this, doesn't that make the 3 of them an odd combination of players to have out there for extended periods of time? I really don't like playing the blame game with any of the players because I think they can all make contributions like the top players on this team that they are. The lineup just strikes me as odd and I don't understand it.

I personally would have preferred Pangos running the show (even when he wasn't hobbled) with KD as a "wing", but the three guard line up with Stocks was effective and we were one of the highest scoring teams in the country.

So, what changed?

The most obvious answer is injuries. Occam's Razor!

bartruff1
02-24-2014, 08:12 AM
I personally would have preferred Pangos running the show (even when he wasn't hobbled) with KD as a "wing", but the three guard line up with Stocks was effective and we were one of the highest scoring teams in the country.

So, what changed?

The most obvious answer is injuries. Occam's Razor!

And the schedule ...road games are hard to win..

Zagtime3000
02-24-2014, 08:16 AM
4 years ago Few's plan was clear: Death, Taxes, and Stockton.
This is reality. Gotta root for the team with the zag jerseys on, be happy being relevant, and hope/pray your team can put a run together when it counts.
One more win and the season's first goal is realized. Rest some guys, regroup, and charge into March.

ps - Few always dogs it against his buddy at USD.

gamagin
02-24-2014, 08:17 AM
I attacked jazz for the tone and content of his attacks on few and DS. Those who enjoy a good fight don't like it when I smack back.

I get that. I'm the bully. I am. I'm smacking a one dimensional weakling bully BACK. One who cannot stop his campaign to denigrate few and who never ends he decides should be canned. But the catch is he never backs his stuff up with proof of any kind. He just makes stuff up and the least intelligent on this board can't seem to get enough. Instead of add or discuss, they vote on a post. Amazing. How can you vote on something that is made up ? It's that bad at times,

Truth is I don't and won't put up with the kind of crap jazz peddles. It's neither clever nor accurate. It's merely endless.

So woo et al, read his stuff carefully or not. I do. I read all your posts. I try to do it to be fair. Many stick out as thoughtful and valuable contributions. Then there is that segment that seems to live in fantasyland. All ok w/ me.

I try to read and report a lot of stuff. Not to do you a favor or make you laugh, but to try and widen the circle. Jazz too often writes stuff that closes same. He has an agenda. And he's too often personal and wrong. Provably. He and others consider proving him wrong are attacks. So it goes, if you pay attention.

So go ahead and defend your friend jazz. He feeds off your ignorance. He's good at it, but that doesn't make it right.

And I'll do my best to defend my friends and neighbors -- I grew up on this campus -- and if any of you decide you can arbitrarily chew up and spit someone out because he is fair game, you will likely hear from me.

And we'll review right and wrong over again. I don't mind. If this guy was jerking your son or friend -- with malice -- you would be all over it, I believe. If not, you are right to be mad at me.

And as you know and can surmise, I'm tired of this fellow and have given up trying to tell him nicely. It has been FIVE years --- that's about a woohoo lifetime.

I was hoping one or two of you would summon the courage to ask your friend w.t.f is he talking about half the time. But you can't. He's your friend.

Fine. It's on you.

Jazz, try and remember, you are talking many times about my friends & neighbors, people I know. And if you hurl sh!t that is just wrong, or made up, lies, you can expect bricks.

Woo, I suggest you either get on the ball or on the bus. If you feel the need to step in, know what it's about. Read.

LongIslandZagFan
02-24-2014, 08:30 AM
I am all for free speech and trying to let things go. IMHO... there have been more than a few very mean spirited and outright unacceptable attacks on fellow posters. IT NEEDS TO STOP! I am OK with the occasional tit for tat back and forth. Honestly I don't care whether you agree with their opinion or not... this isn't about enjoying a "good fight".

Cut it the hell out... NOW! And yes... this means if I see crap like this going forward... you get to READ the posts here rather than write them for an extended period.

zagfan1970
02-24-2014, 08:30 AM
No one has ever blamed stockton, it is about the fact that Few has started him for so long at the expense of actually developing a wing/3. That wing/3 we need to win physical games like what we see on the road and in March. That quallity wing that is sitting on our bench. Stockton is a PG. Why are we playing 2 PGs and a SG? He should back up Pangos and Bell and not force Bell and Pangos to play for 35-38 minutes WITH STOCKTON. that is why you have a back up team. We have no starting wing or small forward.

It is on Few, not stockton. But your sarcasm is duly noted even if it is deliberately insulting and obviously mis-directed towards Stockton and not the head coach.

BTW, this contest was decided by the refs. 33 FT's for USD and 11 for us. 23 made by USD and 6 by us.

the flopping, cheap shots and constant drawn up ticky-tack fouls were a WCC refs dream come true. We shot 50%!! USD shot 40%!!

I think we get your agenda Gam, but now most people are seeing the problem with starting Stockton all year. WE have neglected developing our bench and we are stuck with a small 3 guard lineup. But fans will be fans and you can't change that. Fans are disappointed at seeing guys with the specific skills we need during games sit on the bench while we choke and get our luggage handed to us. game after game after game, our confidence and moxy is gone. Teams have a blueprint to beat us if they are willing to defend and run and rebound for the entire 40 minutes.

I wonder how long until they delete your spot-on comment. I posted a "tongue-in-cheek" post. "Optimistic" which was a sarcastic take on the fact that COLEMAN and Nunez( who would start for any team in the WCC) are not even in our first 7 man rotation. It stayed up until someone claimed I was a troll!

LongIslandZagFan
02-24-2014, 08:32 AM
I wonder how long until they delete your spot-on comment. I posted a "tongue-in-cheek" post. "Optimistic" which was a sarcastic take on the fact that COLEMAN and Nunez( who would start for any team in the WCC) are not even in our first 7 man rotation. It stayed up until someone claimed I was a troll!

Shocking... it is still up. Enough with the martyr posts too.

cjm720
02-24-2014, 08:35 AM
4 years ago Few's plan was clear: Death, Taxes, and Stockton.
This is reality. Gotta root for the team with the zag jerseys on, be happy being relevant, and hope/pray your team can put a run together when it counts.
One more win and the season's first goal is realized. Rest some guys, regroup, and charge into March.

ps - Few always dogs it against his buddy at USD.

We had a starting point named Demitri Goodson that hit a game winning shot in the big dance as a freshman, but began to lose time to Stockton as a sophomore, even moreso as a Junior, then saw the writing on the wall and transferred out. This board was harder on Meech than it has been on Stockton (well, it's pretty close).

vandalzag
02-24-2014, 08:46 AM
[QUOTE=LongIslandZagFan;989374]I am all for free speech and trying to let things go. IMHO... there have been more than a few very mean spirited and outright unacceptable attacks on fellow posters. IT NEEDS TO STOP! I am OK with the occasional tit for tat back and forth. Honestly I don't care whether you agree with their opinion or not... this isn't about enjoying a "good fight".

Cut it the hell out... NOW! And yes... this means if I see crap like this going forward... you get to READ the posts here rather than write them for an extended period.[/QUOTE

I agree, as long the mean spirited attacks on players and coaches are treated with the same scrutiny. But then again people like Gamigan and myself, with our Pollyanna outlook regarding GU, are nothing more than Few's Acolytes and Minions and need to be kept in check.

former1dog
02-24-2014, 08:47 AM
I am all for free speech and trying to let things go. IMHO... there have been more than a few very mean spirited and outright unacceptable attacks on fellow posters. IT NEEDS TO STOP! I am OK with the occasional tit for tat back and forth. Honestly I don't care whether you agree with their opinion or not... this isn't about enjoying a "good fight".

Cut it the hell out... NOW! And yes... this means if I see crap like this going forward... you get to READ the posts here rather than write them for an extended period.

Thanks for this.

Gamagin and Vandalzag have lost all perspective on what is being discussed in this open forum. You aren't defending your neighbors, you're embarrassing them. Mark Few is on the record about "the little people on the internet". He and his team have little regard for what is discussed here and rightfully so. Although we are important as fans to the program, the reality is we're just a fraction of the number of individuals who follow and love the team. For every poster who chooses to express themselves in this forum there are hundreds who don't even know the forum exists.

Jazz has a contrarian opinion. I mostly have disagreed with him over the years but I respect that he has an opinion and that ultimately he is a fan of the program. The fact that he has an opinion different than I do is no reason for anyone to personally attack him. His opinion has hurt exactly zero people. Mark Few doesn't know who Jazz is and either does David Stockton. In that context, Gamagin's statement that he is sticking up for his friends and neighbors is ridiculous. You've lost all perspective on reality if you think that Jazz's or anyone elses contrarian opinion on a fan forum amounts to an "agenda". Honestly, what do you think is going to come of this?

I was an athlete at Gonzaga. I know Mark Few's boss. He had to set me straight once 23 years ago on having the proper perspective. I'm guessing that if Mike Roth knew what you were doing here in this forum Gamagin, in the name of the Gonzaga community which you have elected yourself as a representative, he would ask you to stop.

Reborn
02-24-2014, 08:52 AM
I have to chime in here.

That being said, gam's response goes beyond just basketball thoughts, and I have been debating all weekend whether or not it should be deleted or if warnings/timeouts should be given. Gam, I don't get what your posts in this thread are accomplishing? If anything, it just sounds like you're TRYING to start something. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, maybe I'm misinterpreting, but it also looks like I'm not the only one that is questioning it.

I posted two days ago that I was SHOCKED that the moderators did not delete that post by Gamagin. And failure to do that has kept this thread open so he can throw more "bricks" at Jazz, myself and now you. Why do you tolerate those kinds of posts? As you've now seen on this thread, fans here are sick and tired of his insensitivity and ugliness. He basically has now said to you on line here, that he will not pay any attention to what you think. Talk about disrespect. What bothers me is that Gonzaga fans who come to GUBoards to read about the team and the games, and recruiting have to read that kind of garbage. How could it NOT be offensive to normal people who possess a certain about of sensitivity. I also believe he should be disciplined and not allowed to post here for a certain length of time because this has been going on for over two months now. He started with me, but I no longer respond to any of his posts. I refuse to give him any thought at all. Then his meanness was focused on Jazz, yet as you must know he continues to include me in some of his posts aimed mostly at Jazz. Think hard about it Woo Hoo. It is your responsibility to monitor the board. And keep it as respectful as possible. Good luck.

Go Zags!!!

cjm720
02-24-2014, 08:56 AM
To me, I feel like some are just trying to illicit a certain emotional reaction for the many of us that have followed the programs for years. I'd rather be a homer than a troll.

zagfan1970
02-24-2014, 08:58 AM

Stockton deserves to play, but using the unchallenged layup and desperation 3 as a gauge vs. the 0/5 in 17:30 or the 0/3 in 22min vs BYU or the 1/6 in 23 min vs. Loyola is just silly. If you want a fair comparison; lets look at pts per MINUTE- Stockton(.25ppm/4ass/2RB) Coleman(.55ppm/1.8RB/1ass) . Typically the games we have lost we have gotten murdered on the glass. A 3-small guard lineup doesnt help there. Vs. USD we were outshot at the FT line 23/33 to 6/11, yet Coleman managed to get 4 FT attempts in just FOUR minutes. I understand Few saying we had success inside and so "we put 3 3-pt shooters out there so they wouldn't double our bigs," but then we have Bigs who are not getting the benefit of calls and 3 guys floating around the perimeter. It is no wonder they got 22 more FT than we did. Not only does a guy like COleman get to the line for points he is putting foul pressure on the oposing team's bigs and guards. I continue to be perplexed how I can see this clear as day and I am a wrestler and baseball player.

gozagswoohoo
02-24-2014, 09:00 AM
I attacked jazz for the tone and content of his attacks on few and DS. Those who enjoy a good fight don't like it when I smack back.

I get that. I'm the bully. I am. I'm smacking a one dimensional weakling bully BACK. One who cannot stop his campaign to denigrate few and who never ends he decides should be canned. But the catch is he never backs his stuff up with proof of any kind. He just makes stuff up and the least intelligent on this board can't seem to get enough. Instead of add or discuss, they vote on a post. Amazing. How can you vote on something that is made up ? It's that bad at times,

Truth is I don't and won't put up with the kind of crap jazz peddles. It's neither clever nor accurate. It's merely endless.

So woo et al, read his stuff carefully or not. I do. I read all your posts. I try to do it to be fair. Many stick out as thoughtful and valuable contributions. Then there is that segment that seems to live in fantasyland. All ok w/ me.

I try to read and report a lot of stuff. Not to do you a favor or make you laugh, but to try and widen the circle. Jazz too often writes stuff that closes same. He has an agenda. And he's too often personal and wrong. Provably. He and others consider proving him wrong are attacks. So it goes, if you pay attention.

So go ahead and defend your friend jazz. He feeds off your ignorance. He's good at it, but that doesn't make it right.

And I'll do my best to defend my friends and neighbors -- I grew up on this campus -- and if any of you decide you can arbitrarily chew up and spit someone out because he is fair game, you will likely hear from me.

And we'll review right and wrong over again. I don't mind. If this guy was jerking your son or friend -- with malice -- you would be all over it, I believe. If not, you are right to be mad at me.

And as you know and can surmise, I'm tired of this fellow and have given up trying to tell him nicely. It has been FIVE years --- that's about a woohoo lifetime.

I was hoping one or two of you would summon the courage to ask your friend w.t.f is he talking about half the time. But you can't. He's your friend.

Fine. It's on you.

Jazz, try and remember, you are talking many times about my friends & neighbors, people I know. And if you hurl sh!t that is just wrong, or made up, lies, you can expect bricks.

Woo, I suggest you either get on the ball or on the bus. If you feel the need to step in, know what it's about. Read.

First off, this isn't about anyone being friends with anyone. I've never met Jazz. So if you think he and I are best buddies, and I'm coming to defend him, you're dead wrong. I'm not even necessarily defending him, because at this point, Jazz is not the problem. It's you, Gam. And trust me, I'm not the only one that thinks so. You're a great poster, who really can add a ton of value and insight to the board, but lately, you're main focus has been going after 1-2 posters for some reason. Jazz doesn't like Stockton. That is quite obvious. And because this message board is free, and it's public, Jazz could actually start a brand new thread every single day about it. Now, many of them would be getting deleted for being repetitious, but I'm just making the point that as long as Jazz isn't going after Stockton personally, he can say whatever he wants. I have deleted posts of Jazz's before, along with many others. It's often tough because you have to decide if a statement is a harsh critique on a players ability, or if it's a personal attack. More often than not, Jazz doesn't cross the line in my opinion. Do he and I share the same opinion, not even close, but that means nothing. Jazz can think whatever he wants, as long as he doesn't cross the line.

I've been reading 4-5 different posters very closely this weekend. I can't say I've had to consider deleting anything by Jazz, but you, Vandal, and one or two others have come VERY close to getting edited or timeouts for more than 1 post. And trust me, I don't want to be deleting crap or having people sit out from posting for any time at all. I have actually considered hanging up my 'mod gloves' because I hardly ever edit or 'mod' anything. And I hate when I DO have to edit someone. It makes me feel bad. So if I am taking a stand NOW, especially with a poster/person that I personally like, then I'd say that speaks volumes.

PS- Even if I WAS best friends with Jazz, it wouldn't matter one bit. You've crossed the line lately, and that's all there is to it right now.

former1dog
02-24-2014, 09:00 AM
To me, I feel like some are just trying to illicit a certain emotional reaction for the many of us that have followed the programs for years. I'd rather be a homer than a troll.

That begs the question, though, why is someone like Jazz considered a troll? He has followed the program for years. He has attended games in person for years.

Is he a troll just because he has a contrarian opinion. Does he deserve personal attack because he thinks Dranginis should start instead of Stockton. Isn't that a little absurd?

LongIslandZagFan
02-24-2014, 09:03 AM
I agree, as long the mean spirited attacks on players and coaches are treated with the same scrutiny. But then again people like Gamigan and myself, with our Pollyanna outlook regarding GU, are nothing more than Few's Acolytes and Minions and need to be kept in check.

regardless.. It NEVER gives you the right to verbally attack another poste.... EVER. Deal with the attacks on players and coaches in a proper manner and don't direct it at fellow posters. Period. Use.. Oh, I don't know, facts.

The personal attacks have to stop.

zagfan1970
02-24-2014, 09:04 AM
Shocking... it is still up. Enough with the martyr posts too.

Martyr post? I should know by now! It didn't work with Micah Downs, Ira Brown, Manny Arop or Guy Landry Edi. Would you be posting why Mike Moser or JOsh Davis was sitting on the bench if they had made the choice to come to GU?

Reborn
02-24-2014, 09:05 AM

Exactly how I feel. Well said, LIZF.

former1dog
02-24-2014, 09:07 AM

Do you think Mark Few or David Stockton or anyone on the team really need you to back them up?

Edited to add some perspective.

Mark Few is a millionaire several times over. He is universally respected in his profession, in the sports media and almost unanimously amongst the fans and supporters of Gonzaga basketball. His job security is beyond question. I would be very surprised if he doesn't retire from Gonzaga, meaning he will have spent his entire coaching career at GU.

But, for some reason you, Vandalzag (an anonymous internet poster) feel so threatened by (relatively rare) criticism by other anonymous internet posters that you feel you need to jump in and attack (personally) them in order to defend our millionaire head coach who everyone loves.

BobZag
02-24-2014, 09:16 AM

JAZZ:

This is an embarrassing and, to be honest, sad post by gamagin. You have a problem, my friend.

kitzbuel
02-24-2014, 09:24 AM
I posted two days ago that I was SHOCKED that the moderators did not delete that post by Gamagin. And failure to do that has kept this thread open so he can throw more "bricks" at Jazz, myself and now you. Why do you tolerate those kinds of posts?
Go Zags!!!

Reborn, mods get beat up for closing threads and not letting people have their say. Then we get beat up for not closing threads and letting people have too much say.

We all have to come to some degree of tolerance. It is not just the moderators' responsibility for monitoring tone, it is the entire community's. If it gets to the point that a moderator has to intervene, then the community already let it get out of hand.

I also join in with LIZF on his comments about the moderator baiting posts starting with "I know this will get deleted, but..." We are all supposed to be a common group of fans here. That type of post does not strike me a productive or a valuable contribution.

vandalzag
02-24-2014, 09:41 AM
Do you think Mark Few or David Stockton or anyone on the team really need you to back them up?

Edited to add some perspective.

Mark Few is a millionaire several times over. He is universally respected in his profession, in the sports media and almost unanimously amongst the fans and supporters of Gonzaga basketball. His job security is beyond question. I would be very surprised if he doesn't retire from Gonzaga, meaning he will have spent his entire coaching career at GU.

But, for some reason you, Vandalzag (an anonymous internet poster) feel so threatened by (relatively rare) criticism by other anonymous internet posters that you feel you need to jump in and attack (personally) them in order to defend our millionaire head coach who everyone loves.

Nope, never said they needed to be defended nor do I feel threatened by anything. I also do not see the incessant need to criticize and offer my opinion as fact. So why do you feel that Jazz (anonymous internet poster) needs to be defended by you (anonymous internet poster) form comments that I (anonymous internet poster) have made. I have responded to posts that I thought were out of line in terms of content directed at the staff or players. Some like the one above were out of sarcasm and just trying to have fun, but other responses were due to the fact that I was bothered by content of the post. Have I been out of line, sure, do I mind anybody calling me out for being out of line, not at all. But as you say to put in perspective if a poster from the past, Royce, posted the exact same things Jazz has posted he would have been banned (and has been) for being a troll. But when I or others have attempted to offer our opinion in response to some (not all) of the things Jazz has said, his response has been to label people as Few's Minions, Acolytes, etc..

cjm720
02-24-2014, 09:43 AM
That begs the question, though, why is someone like Jazz considered a troll? He has followed the program for years. He has attended games in person for years.

Is he a troll just because he has a contrarian opinion. Does he deserve personal attack because he thinks Dranginis should start instead of Stockton. Isn't that a little absurd?

I support Gam's position and I believe Dranginis should start. What does that make me?

To me the point is, have some tact and don't say something just to rile up a crowd. I'd be willing to bet a week's worth of coffee that Jazz purposely makes certain posts simply to get a rise out of Gam and others....it's narcissistic IMO.

gozagswoohoo
02-24-2014, 09:45 AM
Reborn, mods get beat up for closing threads and not letting people have their say. Then we get beat up for not closing threads and letting people have too much say.

We all have to come to some degree of tolerance. It is not just the moderators' responsibility for monitoring tone, it is the entire community's. If it gets to the point that a moderator has to intervene, then the community already let it get out of hand.

I also join in with LIZF on his comments about the moderator baiting posts starting with "I know this will get deleted, but..." We are all supposed to be a common group of fans here. That type of post does not strike me a productive or a valuable contribution.

Exactly. Funny how that works.

One other thing....I was just explaining to another poster via PM, that there are thousands of posts made every single week. And as noted here in this thread, people apparently have problems with a lot of them, often thinking they cross the line. Yet...for some reason, there are only MAYBE 1-2 posts officially 'reported' to the mods each week. If you see a post that you think crosses the line, report it. A mod will see it probably within seconds (I check them from my phone almost instantly). But if you don't report it, it could easily be overlooked. I can't say I always go back and read every single post from every single thread throughout the day.

former1dog
02-24-2014, 09:55 AM
Nope, never said they needed to be defended nor do I feel threatened by anything. I also do not see the incessant need to criticize and offer my opinion as fact. So why do you feel that Jazz (anonymous internet poster) needs to be defended by you (anonymous internet poster) form comments that I (anonymous internet poster) have made.

This is a good questions and deserves a proper response. The quick answer is that your responses (and Gamagin's especially in this thread) attack Jazz personally.

The longer answer is this. In my opinion, Jazz has shown great restraint in not responding in kind to your and Gamagin's personal attacks. You especially, Vandal, have been personally attacking Jazz for years. It borderline stalker-ish and it goes back way before David Stockton was on the team. As sure as the sun comes up in the east, if Jazz posts you reply in some way usually attacking him. It seems to me that you have made it your personal mission to drive Jazz and any other contrarian poster off the board. It seems you want an echo chamber of your own opinions. For the life of me, I don't know why. How boring would that be?

Like I wrote earlier, I usually don't agree with Jazz. In the big picture of life, though, who cares? Its just basketball and Jazz's contrarian opinion is harmless.

There are many option for you Vandal. You could ignore Jazz by just not reading his posts, you could ignore Jazz by using the built in ignore feature in the forum, you could reply to Jazz with how you might talk to a fellow fan at a bar or restaurant (which I would hope would be respectfully, especially if you're sporting GU gear), you could reply with facts and figures and leave out the personal attacks, or you could continue to leave perspective out of this and continue to make personal attacks. The last choice makes this forum a less desirable place for everyone and makes most less interested in reading your posts.

former1dog
02-24-2014, 09:58 AM
To me the point is, have some tact and don't say something just to rile up a crowd. I'd be willing to bet a week's worth of coffee that Jazz purposely makes certain posts simply to get a rise out of Gam and others....it's narcissistic IMO.

I'd take that bet.

But so what if you're right? Is it so hard to just ignore someone that irritates you? I mean, that's what I tell my 6 year old when his little brother is bothering him. He seems to get it.

Zag4Hire
02-24-2014, 10:05 AM
I haven't been checking into the boards of late for a variety of reasons but now it is apparent I haven't missed much of substance. I wandered the 'Internets' far and wide for a great site to talk Gonzaga hoops in an environment with other knowledgeable and insightful posters. This is definitely the site that has me keep coming back from more that is well moderated and has a stable of quality posters who bring valuable insight to this table. This kind of thread and some of the other recent posts are not reflective of this site nor most of the posters who come to this board to engage in friendly banter and the occasional written exchange in a respectful manner, not a barrage of insults posted ad nauseam. I can't launch a stone because I am guilty of said behavior so just throwing it out there to take stock in what the board is and what it offers others. Go Zags!

cjm720
02-24-2014, 10:18 AM
I'd take that bet.

But so what if you're right? Is it so hard to just ignore someone that irritates you? I mean, that's what I tell my 6 year old when his little brother is bothering him. He seems to get it.

I feel like many posts have a lot to offer, even ones filled with a certain level of crap. I like to keep an open mind about people too.

And my 3 year old doesn't get it when I say that about his little brother...it's all relative FD1.

Pargo the Destroyer
02-24-2014, 10:34 AM
A thought, lets have all the keyboard cowboys and the mods and anyone else who wants to come all meet up in one place, I dunno.......Vegas? Then we can all have a duel to the death ala Anchorman. I would be weary of a few things....., for one, Reno will have golf clubs. A formidable weapon in the hands of most. I will also have golf clubs. Woohoo, well he brings charm and a hot wife. I would steer clear of trying ruin Woo for that fact alone, well that and his best friend is a goat and he likes breaking other peoples golf clubs.

Ok, in all seriousness, we are all horses coming to the same trough for the same reason. We don't have to get along, but we should at least be somewhat civil. I think the lack of sunshine/vitamin D coupled with this years version Few's Crew has helped lead us to where we are now. I love this team, I like this board and the relationships I have fostered because of it. I am certain I am not alone in that. Anyways. my $.02

Go Zags.

LongIslandZagFan
02-24-2014, 10:50 AM
A thought, lets have all the keyboard cowboys and the mods and anyone else who wants to come all meet up in one place, I dunno.......Vegas? Then we can all have a duel to the death ala Anchorman....

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m50tvrvwGq1rxzsoio1_500.gif

gozagswoohoo
02-24-2014, 10:58 AM
A thought, lets have all the keyboard cowboys and the mods and anyone else who wants to come all meet up in one place, I dunno.......Vegas? Then we can all have a duel to the death ala Anchorman. I would be weary of a few things....., for one, Reno will have golf clubs. A formidable weapon in the hands of most. I will also have golf clubs. Woohoo, well he brings charm and a hot wife. I would steer clear of trying ruin Woo for that fact alone, well that and his best friend is a goat and he likes breaking other peoples golf clubs.

Ok, in all seriousness, we are all horses coming to the same trough for the same reason. We don't have to get along, but we should at least be somewhat civil. I think the lack of sunshine/vitamin D coupled with this years version Few's Crew has helped lead us to where we are now. I love this team, I like this board and the relationships I have fostered because of it. I am certain I am not alone in that. Anyways. my $.02

Go Zags.

Haha. Remember too though....my hot wife has red hair. That means she has a temper that is OUT OF THIS WORLD. I would fear her more than the goat.

I agree though. Let's name the date and time, since we already have the place (Vegas). All that's left to do is name the weapons. (Hey cool! This is just like West Side Story!)

former1dog
02-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Haha. Remember too though....my hot wife has red hair. That means she has a temper that is OUT OF THIS WORLD. I would fear her more than the goat.

I agree though. Let's name the date and time, since we already have the place (Vegas). All that's left to do is name the weapons. (Hey cool! This is just like West Side Story!)

To avoid fratricide, can I invite Kenny?

Zagceo
02-24-2014, 11:01 AM

The weapons "Lawn Darts" !

Zags11
02-24-2014, 11:07 AM
This board.....looooong whistle........bomb exploding.......that is all.

bballbeachbum
02-24-2014, 11:13 AM
another thread like this?

as a poster who has had plenty of public tete a tetes with jazz (and others), I get where cjm is coming from, but my relationship with jazz is fine and I enjoy posting facts to trump his BS when it is in fact BS, a relatively simple opportunity to find over the years, don't need to hunt that shot, it's available :) (cheers jazz ;))

I get tired of the negative posts on players/coaches over and over, always have, but have also come to expect and accept it in the public forum and even learned to get a kick out of it; see me and jazz. And yes, I know it's only opinions but how things are said matters, that's what I was taught and teach my kids and would bet you all here would agree.

the difference now seems to me the level of personal attack by some in defense of the players and staff who catch heat here. I've pretty much always defended the players/coaches and get into it with folks at times, but like I said, it just seems to have gone way over the top. if anything, jazz and I are closer now because of it instead of some new exposed reality in his character to make me think ill of him or his opinions

can the Zags penetrate off the bounce in Stockton this week? now that is something to talk about seems to me

bballbeachbum
02-24-2014, 11:14 AM
This board.....looooong whistle........bomb exploding.......that is all.

disagreed with you before on this, now I agree. Timeout!

Reborn
02-24-2014, 11:21 AM

Thanks for your insight. I understand what you're saying. Thanks.

Go Zags!!!

gamagin
02-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Somewhere in here, I wrote a proposal that we make a concerted effort to encourage facts and discourage fabrications.

I accused one very deserving guy who has been poisoning the well for five years. I think I waited 3 years before realizing it as a trend. And I said it because it is a fact. It continues. It's like lice on a homeless dog. Proof is everywhere. To anyone willing to read.

I was met with vilification and one sad Bob. I deserve them all. Or none of them.. It's irrelevant.

I would much prefer an agreement that if ANYONE make something up you must identify it as made up. And if you want to say gamagin can't do math and should be fired, you should present proof.

It would be easy. Say what you mean and explain yourself. Opinions and facts welcome. But not as one and the same.

Right now there are a number of posters who would fire few in a heartbeat! probably sooner. Ok w/me. Tell GUB why. Don't turn it into a campaign, choosing every opening to put in a zinger or a blast or anything you can make up because of your dislike. Prove it. Instead it's one long whine, carried over and interwoven, endlessly. it's wrong and it's not challenged. I don't think it's the mods, either. If we've got a two year old running loose, everyone needs to have their heads up.

It's pretty easy to ask a poster to back up something that makes no sense. I do think the mods should continue to encourage and even demand it when called upon..

I think it's jim Rome who says to callers: " have a take. Don't suck." He hangs up on them. We need something equivalent to a take that sucks. Backing it up with thought or facts doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

former1dog
02-24-2014, 12:00 PM
Somewhere in here, I wrote a proposal that we make a concerted effort to encourage facts and discourage fabrications.

I accused one very deserving guy who has been poisoning the well for five years. I think I waited 3 years before realizing it as a trend. And I said it because it is a fact. It continues. It's like lice on a homeless dog. Proof is everywhere. To anyone willing to read.

I was met with vilification and one sad Bob. I deserve them all. Or none of them.. It's irrelevant.

I would much prefer an agreement that if ANYONE make something up you must identify it as made up. And if you want to say gamagin can't do math and should be fired, you should present proof.

It would be easy. Say what you mean and explain yourself. Opinions and facts welcome. But not as one and the same.

Right now there are a number of posters who would fire few in a heartbeat! probably sooner. Ok w/me. Tell GUB why. Don't turn it into a campaign, choosing every opening to put in a zinger or a blast or anything you can make up because of your dislike. Prove it. Instead it's one long whine, carried over and interwoven, endlessly. it's wrong and it's not challenged. I don't think it's the mods, either. If we've got a two year old running loose, everyone needs to have their heads up.

It's pretty easy to ask a poster to back up something that makes no sense. I do think the mods should continue to encourage and even demand it when called upon..

I think it's jim Rome who says to callers: " have a take. Don't suck." He hangs up on them. We need something equivalent to a take that sucks. Backing it up with thought or facts doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

You're 100% wrong, but you don't seem to get it. You keep doubling down on wrong.

This is a forum for fans to share their opinions. It is also a forum where if you consistently don't like someone's opinion, you have the technologically provided option to eliminate that opinion from your view.

Beyond that, we're discussing basketball. A game... One more time, we're discussing a game. Do you understand, we're discussing a game? We're not discussing a truly serious matter. Even if we were discussing a serious matter, the opinions in this forum don't matter. A few people know who you are, but no one cares, really. The same things goes for the rest of us.

At the end of the day, this forum was set up so those of us who like to share and read opinions about Gonzaga basketball have a forum to do so. A long time ago we all agreed that this is Bob's living room and to behave ourselves. Jazz is an invited house guest just like you. Are you going to start a fist fight in Bob's living room?

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
02-24-2014, 12:29 PM
You're actually all wrong...it's because I devalued the team by not being present in front of my local tele and instead chose to head to the Northland and ski Schweitzer that night...while drinking pbr's instead of lucky NoLi's during the course of the evening. I would venture a guess that this rapid departure from my lucky brewskis during the course of this year is actually the cause of turf toe, which is rampant through the GU community at this time. It is effectively the proverbial butterfly in China hurricane in Florida conundrum. I hereby agree to go back to lucky NoLi Crystal Bitters (brewed within view of the campus, hence the luck...)

That is all...it's college basketball...at least we didn't lose to Finland 5 - 0 in that stinker or miss an open net by 1/2 inch...thanks ladies btw. I will now reoccupy my position as a frequent-reader-non-regular-poster. Oh yeah, and leave Jazz alone, I've thought for years he'd be a fun Zag to have a beer with next time he's in Spokaloo...Former and Reborn can join us too...

mgadfly
02-24-2014, 12:49 PM
The sooner you put Jerry Gamagin on ignore, the sooner your enjoyment of the Board will improve.

RenoZag
02-24-2014, 01:08 PM
. . .All that's left to do is name the weapons. (Hey cool! This is just like West Side Story!)

Paper, Rock, Scissors

ZagaZags
02-24-2014, 01:11 PM
Dear Mods,
I think you have our blessing to close this horrific thread.

ZZ

Oregonzagnut
02-24-2014, 01:25 PM
I'll write the name on this rock.....

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww10/peter_aaron/GBUstandoff_zpsc18fb823.jpg

Ekrub
02-24-2014, 01:36 PM
Dear Mods,
I think you have our blessing to close this horrific thread.

ZZ

Nah this is a good therapy session we have going here. Hash it out then hug it out.

Zags11
02-24-2014, 02:51 PM
Alcohol

Zagceo
02-24-2014, 03:00 PM
Nah this is a good therapy session we have going here. Hash it out then hug it out.

I agree............. but we should check with Bob since its his carpet we're pissing on!

gamagin
02-24-2014, 04:32 PM
+1

Try the veal.

Halftime score: The defenders of crap, versus fact based or opinion based posts appear to be winning. I.e. SNAFU.

Suggestion: Maybe a mod bent on GUB neutrality can say what to do when someone's opinion is just flat wrong and challenged. With facts or witnesses. And since one poster thinks it's fair game to say whatever you like about someone ( few & a zag) as long as it isn a poster. Amazing. You all should be worried about that. But he's not alone. Many others agree as well. And they add facts don't matter.

So yesterday.

bartruff1
02-24-2014, 04:43 PM
+1

Try the veal.

Halftime score: The defenders of crap, versus fact based or opinion based posts appear to be winning. I.e. SNAFU.

Suggestion: Maybe a mod bent on GUB neutrality can say what to do when someone's opinion is just flat wrong and challenged. With facts or witnesses. And since one poster thinks it's fair game to say whatever you like about someone ( few & a zag) as long as it isn a poster. Amazing. You all should be worried about that. But he's not alone. Many others agree as well. And they add facts don't matter.

So yesterday.

I agree.....apparently we are to respect or ignore posters who belittle the coaches and the players . That might be why the forum has fallen off a cliff of negativity, because there are very few posters that will object or post something positive about the team . I don't think that is going to change, it will just get worse.

Ekrub
02-24-2014, 04:44 PM
+1

Try the veal.

So yesterday.

Try the Valium.

Zags11
02-24-2014, 04:48 PM
Lol wow