PDA

View Full Version : Getting Hard to Watch

Ajay
02-22-2014, 10:18 PM
No offense, no grabbing loose balls, nobody defending the three, and certainly nobody able to attack the rim. This is getting scary!

jpn17
02-22-2014, 10:24 PM
Agreed. It's the same thing over and over again. As I stated after the BYU game it's not that Gonzaga just isn't that good this year, it's that they're not improving any of their deficiencies. I know it's tough to win on the road in college basketball, but this is a bad loss no matter which way you slice it. Gonzaga has zero business losing to a team like San Diego. Gonzaga has assuredly played their way out of Spokane and if things keep going like this, they are going to play themselves right out of the NCAA tournament.

surfmonkey89
02-22-2014, 10:30 PM
Agreed. It's the same thing over and over again. As I stated after the BYU game it's not that Gonzaga just isn't that good this year, it's that they're not improving any of their deficiencies. I know it's tough to win on the road in college basketball, but this is a bad loss no matter which way you slice it. Gonzaga has zero business losing to a team like San Diego. Gonzaga has assuredly played their way out of Spokane and if things keep going like this, they are going to play themselves right out of the NCAA tournament.

Another loss, and a loss in the WCC tourney, and they'll be playing in Spokane.

hondo
02-22-2014, 10:34 PM
"Another loss, and a loss in the WCC tourney, and they'll be playing in Spokane."

Next November.

Oregonzagnut
02-22-2014, 10:37 PM
This game the refs made sure we had no chance. The flopping was sickening and the hacking and cheap fouls were constant.

Zags11
02-22-2014, 10:53 PM
We are playin poor. Poor. Sam dower is the man. Refs were bad tonight but our guard play was eh.

krozman
02-22-2014, 11:00 PM
10 bucks they squeak into the tourney and beat Witchita State. Then you can officially throw your arms into the air.

MJ777
02-22-2014, 11:06 PM
10 bucks they squeak into the tourney and beat Witchita State. Then you can officially throw your arms into the air.

That would be perfect. Hope you are right.

JPtheBeasta
02-22-2014, 11:07 PM
This game the refs made sure we had no chance. The flopping was sickening and the hacking and cheap fouls were constant.

I was wondering if the refs were as brutal on tv as they were in person. That foul on Nunez looked pretty weak after watching them hammer Karnowski without calls.

Was that block by Dranginis from behind toward the end of the game clean? It looked like it from where I was sitting

jim77
02-23-2014, 01:26 AM
Its is good to see the guys and coach out of their comfort zone....better to enter the tourney hungry....maybe just entering would be good.

Zagger
02-23-2014, 06:01 AM
But, it is very nice to see the rest of the WCC getting better. What's getting hard for me to watch is the refs and what I see as a trend of this sport towards hockey. There are times that if the basket were lowered and the players were on inline skates the only difference would be the lack of protective clothing/equipment. It won't surprise me if basketball players begin wearing helmets and various knee & elbow protection.