• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Section 116
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Post game radio GU-BYU

Hudson and Violette noted the three point shot by Hawes at the end of the half and the 6-0 run to start the second, a 9-0 run was a big factor in the game. BYU exerted themselves on the boards early in the second half and got Karnowski and Dower in a bit of foul trouble. The Zags never could hit the big shot, they just couldn't get anything to go. BYU tightened up the defense but Violette noted Bell and Pangos passed up some shots and the Zags settled for some floaters. Also BYU hit the free throws down the stretch. Hudson noted you knew BYU was going to play with great energy in their building and they came out that way but the Zags turned it around with an early run to take a lead but they didn't hang on. Kudos to Edwards for a nice 5 minutes at the end of the half for a guy who probably thought he wouldn't see the floor tonight. A lot of turnovers especially early in the first half and the Cougars just hammered the Zags on the board early in the second half sending a message. Michaelson: Ryan did a fantastic job 5 points and 5 rebounds. Defensively we were better in the second half, held them to 36% and no threes but they just crushed us on the boards, too many turnovers and we only scored 65 points. Our defense was good in the second half, our offense failed us, you can't go 6-7 possessions in a row on the road and not score. They-BYU-shoot better here, it's a big time atmosphere here, the crowd is right on top of you. They lost one game here, Iowa St. BYU really flew around on defense, Winder was good and Carlino made a couple big buckets down the stretch. USD knows us very well and it going to be a really really tough place for us to play, and I will add you will see a bigger crowd, like a full house, unlike the sea of empty seats for Portland tonight.
  • Mantua
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2007

Thanks for the run down. It's nice to read professional objective observations unlike what we heard on TV.
    Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• gamagin
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Thanks, scoop.

This dearth of scoring needs to be addressed. It is past time.
      Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
      Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
      Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• Zags11
        Banned
        • Mar 2008

That and tom thought a little bs on foul calls. Whoops. Good game byu.

Comment

• Reborn
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

To put it plane and simple Gonzaga, that was the worse effort I've ever seen by a Gonzaga team. There really isn't anything more to say. Few is responsible for it too. I don't care what anyone says. I have nothing positive to say about anyone at all on the team; so I'll just keep my tongue tied.

I was in the hospital again last night for the game. I just got out of surgery to make it back to my room for the game. I thought I was was watching a horror flick. A nightmere. I have a couple kidney stones that need to be blasted out. I was in the hospital for three days, going to ER twice six hours each time. I now have a small heart problem I'll need to address. It's has an irregular beat. I'm back home tonight, and will be home for the game tomorrow. Maybe it will help.
          Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• ZAGGED OUT
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Mar 2012

Post game radio GU-BYU

Reborn I think you need to just take a night away and get ready for USD. None of these guys are embarrassments. Could they hve played better and harder? Of course. Still, we've seen uninspired performances by lots of Gu teams. I think you'll regret that post after it sinks in on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• wnczagfan
              Kennel Club Alum
              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
              To put it plane and simple Gonzaga, that was the worse effort I've ever seen by a Gonzaga team. There really isn't anything more to say. Few is responsible for it too. I don't care what anyone says. I have nothing positive to say about anyone at all on the team; so I'll just keep my tongue tied.

I was in the hospital again last night for the game. I just got out of surgery to make it back to my room for the game. I thought I was was watching a horror flick. A nightmere. I have a couple kidney stones that need to be blasted out. I was in the hospital for three days, going to ER twice six hours each time. I now have a small heart problem I'll need to address. It's has an irregular beat. I'm back home tonight, and will be home for the game tomorrow. Maybe it will help.
              Glad you are doing ok!

Are you sure the irregular heart beat wasn't caused by watching that game last night?

Take care and feel better!

Comment

• GrizZAG
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2009

Stones can make a good man cranky. The drug of choice would be a resounding WIN!
                One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

Working...
                X