PDA

View Full Version : Question: Pangos/Bell- Please read

BaldguyZag
02-19-2014, 08:17 PM
As Kevin and Gary near the end of their third year at Gonzaga, who holds the all time record for wins during their career at GU? I'm assuming Pangos and Bell are quickly climbing the list. Thanks in advance...

ZagaZags
02-19-2014, 08:28 PM
As Kevin and Gary near the end of their third year at Gonzaga, who holds the all time record for wins during their career at GU? I'm assuming Pangos and Bell are quickly climbing the list. Thanks in advance...

As a starter? I have no idea on how to look this up. This sounds like a job for KStyles or NumberCruncher.

I will make a guess, if you are asking about most wins from a starter, I will say Casey Calvary. ( 104 wins )

KStyles
02-19-2014, 08:38 PM
How would you take into consideration guys like Sacre who played in parts of 5 years, or would you just count the games they actually played in? If the latter, Bell is already 5 wins behind Pangos for the time he missed this year.

NumberCruncher
02-19-2014, 08:42 PM
Pretty sure it's Harris with 109. Didn't make an exhaustive search, though.

Section 116
02-19-2014, 08:44 PM
The Zags won 110 games during Elias Harris 4 years. I would think that is close to the top. I can't seem to find a stat regarding the actual number of games in which Harris played but he most likely had minutes in nearly all of them.

NumberCruncher
02-19-2014, 08:49 PM
The Zags won 110 games during Elias Harris 4 years. I would think that is close to the top. I can't seem to find a stat regarding the actual number of games in which Harris played but he most likely had minutes in nearly all of them.

Harris sat out the LC State game last year. He started 134 of 135 games he played in. I believe the one non-starting game was a senior night. So 108 wins in starts, 109 wins in games in which he played.

sittingon50
02-19-2014, 09:19 PM
Did this some time ago. Stepp & Violette's teams won 107. IIRC Blake missed 2 of those & Cory 1.

ZagaZags
02-19-2014, 10:03 PM
I think Calvary is the only Zag starter to go to 3 straight Sweet 16s. That's why he was my guess. I think it is amazing to see how many awesome NCAA players GU has had. We are very lucky fans.

To all Zag fans :cheers:

Martin Centre Mad Man
02-20-2014, 02:12 AM
I think Calvary is the only Zag starter to go to 3 straight Sweet 16s. That's why he was my guess. I think it is amazing to see how many awesome NCAA players GU has had. We are very lucky fans.

To all Zag fans :cheers:

Calvary was the all time wins leader when he graduated, but I believe Violette surpassed him just a few years later.

DixieZag
02-20-2014, 08:02 AM
Calvary was the all time wins leader when he graduated, but I believe Violette surpassed him just a few years later.

I don't have the years stats in front of me, but if you recall, those early sweet 16 years - some of them we lost plenty of games prior to the tournament - I believe we had to win the WCC tourney each time for good reason.

exclusivelee
02-20-2014, 09:48 PM

Posting my findings around noon tomorrow with the top 21 (gonna wait until a little after the forum flooding dies down)

Elias Harris does lead the way with 108 wins in 135 games played

Zags went 2-0 in the 2 games he missed: Eastern Washington on 11/30/2010 and Lewis & Clark on 11/29/2012