PDA

View Full Version : Mark Few show Sun. nite khq, ch. 6 - spokane - running

gamagin
02-16-2014, 05:40 PM
Heister: how about this past weekend ?
Few: took care of business at home, got back to our style of bkb. no hangover/letdown after MEM, where we didn't get it done.

We did that v. Pepp, We got it done. especially in the 2nd half. They have good bigs and their guards are capable, so for us to get through it was good.

Real positive step.

Heister: sat night, senior night. LMU. this year a league game and they were hungry for a win.

Few: I'd characterize that game as workmanlike. they are dangerous. they're crazy talented, don't quit. anthony ireland is one of the greatest talents I've seen in this league. ball screens and shoot any shot they want. and they were short handed and playing couple zones we hadn't seen. we got 45 first half. it was workmanlike. we got it done. just wanted to send sr's out with a win and we did.

H: what about the senior's.

Few: Drew Barham has been there for everyone, DB walks the walk and one our strongest competitors. true life and exemplary and fabulous teammate. has won a lot of games for us.

The other two: been here 5 years. DS been part of huge, huge wins. played big part in huge wins. won championships. gritty as you will eveer find. for his skillset he's as competent a guy as you're going to come across. tough. hasn't missed anything. sticks his nose into everything.

Sam: has had a wonderful career. He can relly score the ball, god bless him. Most would leave if they weren't starting and playing behind our NBA bound guys. He came in over and over and gave us lifts, got big shots to get to this point. he's really been delivering.

23-4 13-1 inside WCC. Undefeated at home.

gamagin
02-16-2014, 05:42 PM
P. 2

Drew Barham profile: He said (over film) "I love spokane and the zags, it's been a great experience.

looking back to where I came from and where I am, the improvements, the confidence, playing time and where I came from and where we are now, those are probably my best moments.

It's been a great two years. the best years of basketball I've played. GU will always be a special place for me."

cut to post game senior speeches

gamagin
02-16-2014, 05:56 PM
P. 3

Fan question of the week: pretty much a rerun/recap of the marcus smart incident asking comments from Few.

MF: "surprised it hasn't happened more. It Can be amateur hour (in some of those venues). Frankly, a lot of places we play are not prepared for handling something like this.

I know Marcus, he's a highly competitive person and one little misstep and he's made 50,000 good steps. this will pass.

To me it's like looking at that (TX Tech) fan and saying ' what are you doing? come and cheer for your own team'. fans need to be educated. loud instead of yelling at other t eam and then making sure people around the arena enforce it. better sportsmanship. Be loud instead of yelling at the other team or players. cheer for your team.
#

Heister: Subway sub of the week brian bahskar: one trey and one rebound. Senior. Lit up the K2.
BB, noted after the game that DS had told him to take a shot. Baskar then noted in his interview that he "Didn't think about it. Just went in, saw the opening and took it. Greatest feeling of my life when that went in."

Heister: what's next ?
Few: we got a lot more work left. gotta get some wins on the road and keep this thing going.

Heister: re KO making a surprise appearance
Few: "Unbelievable. we've had special nights over the years. Nielson kissing the bloor. Batista's bro visiting. KO was in the rookie game in NO and flew all night to be here. left the All star game just to be here for his friends. shows you the type of person and teammate he is. and the impact this program has had on him. He's a zag for life. that moment is right up there with any of them. he's has two double doubles in the last to games. so he's righ tup there in the bigs, too.

Heister: what if he (KO) was stil here ?
Few: no question, we would not have lost a game this year. but the impact GU has on the players after they leave is they want to stay connected to GU. and it means everything to me. Unbelievable.

Cut to film of KO @ K2: "I'm so excited to be back for the Sr.s It's real special and this place is special. it was a real good evening."

gamagin
02-16-2014, 05:59 PM
p.4

Wrapup:

GU 23-4. 13-1 in WCC.

fade to Senior action and head shots . . .

--end--

ZagLawGrad
02-16-2014, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the update!

MTZag03
02-16-2014, 06:22 PM
Wonderful gams!

gonstu
02-16-2014, 06:25 PM
P. 3

Heister: what if he (KO) was stil here ?
Few: no question, we would not have lost a game this year.

Few does not often go out on limbs w/ bold statements. I think he's right though. Crazy to think about what this team would have looked like with another year w/ KO.

gamagin
02-17-2014, 08:03 AM
+1

Few does not often go out on limbs w/ bold statements. I think he's right though. Crazy to think about what this team would have looked like with another year w/ KO.

I suspect KO, if he had suited up for us this year, would and could have been a serious candidate for top scorer in the nation. In any event, we would likely have added 25-35 ppg to our arsenal from him.

jazzdelmar
02-17-2014, 08:15 AM
KO and throw in Spangs for good measure. Dreaming for sure, but a nice one.

gamagin
02-17-2014, 08:40 AM
+1

KO and throw in Spangs for good measure. Dreaming for sure, but a nice one.

Heck. We could have held the WCC scoreless.

Zagger
02-17-2014, 08:42 AM
So glad KO showed up for Senior Night. Yeah, it would have been nice if Kelly had stuck around for his senior year. But, ya never know - some stupid injury from a nutcase Memphis player and ......
It is great to see the Zags do well whether they are playing for the Zags, an NBA team or in life in general. They've all given us a lot of exciting moments. The GU basketball program is tops because they recruit and help develop character and sportsmanship. It is a great program to be a fan of. Go Zags!