PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga vs LMU...predictions and other thoughts

Reborn
02-14-2014, 07:23 AM
Gozaga 86
LMU 63

LMU has lost 11 of their last 12 games. We thought we had the injury bug. Boy! Did they ever get it. I thought that they'd be so tough this year too, with the kind of WCC tournament that they had last year. I kind of feel bad for Anthony Ireland because he's such a great player.

It is Senior Night tonight. Sure to be a lot of feelings felt about that. I enjoyed listening to the interview with David Stockton after the game last night. He talked alot about his experience at GU. He's such a true Zag. He spent a lot of time talking about what it was like to play with Sam Dower and Kelly Olynyk because they came into the program the same year. It would be cool to see Kelly show up for the game tonight. And of course, the night is also celebrating Drew Barham's year's as a Zag.
As always it's a special night. I am SO impressed with the growth of both David Stockton and Sam Dower. Both of them have had GREAT senior seasons, and have had a lot to do with the success of the Zags this year.

Go Zags!!!

gonzagafan62
02-14-2014, 07:29 AM
Man, I cannot believe we are already talking about Senior Night! This is crazy how fast the season has flown by this year.

I see Stockton and Dower having huge nights. Zags run away with this one:

88-59

Zags11
02-14-2014, 07:31 AM
Zags 82
whimpering lions 64

dower with 21, david with 9, drew with 11. They leave to "thank you seniors,..clap clap clap..."

Geez where has time gone?

DixieZag
02-14-2014, 07:55 AM
I was one off the number last game - 15 pt win.

I will say 84-65 in this one.

Lots of tears

Huge standing O for all seniors including just as huge for Anthony Ireland.

Reborn
02-14-2014, 08:04 AM
I was one off the number last game - 15 pt win.

I will say 84-65 in this one.

Lots of tears

Huge standing O for all seniors including just as huge for Anthony Ireland.

Yeah! You edged me out by one point. Dang you!!!!

Go Zags!!!

MTZag03
02-14-2014, 09:45 AM
How cool would it be if ireland joined our seniors at halfcourt for an ovation? It won't happen but it would be good to recognize his achievements.

jbslicer
02-14-2014, 11:55 AM
The post above this one is really dumb. AI ain't a Zag.

gonzagafan62
02-14-2014, 12:07 PM

No he's not but I would like the fans to give him recognition. Great kid, Great player.

former1dog
02-14-2014, 12:42 PM
No he's not but I would like the fans to give him recognition. Great kid, Great player.

+1

former1dog
02-14-2014, 12:44 PM

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

wnczagfan
02-14-2014, 12:54 PM
My LMU prediction story:

After the singing of "Oh, Canada", the Zags take to the floor.

David Stockton (son of John Stockton, Hall of Fame NBA player, and arguably the best point guard to ever play in the NBA, who even has a street named after him in Utah) is in prime form, and steals the ball, shouting "155!" then David dishes a sweet dime to Sam, the "Dower of Terror", while shouting "378!"

Again David steals the ball, shouting "156! I am coming for you Matt Bouldin! Look out Doug Spradley!"

Unfortunately for David, several of the Zags players are good friends with Matt Bouldin, which explains all of those head scratcher missed bunnies this season that would have easily given David the number of assists to surpass Matt on the GU All Time Assists Chart.

Before David next inbounds the ball, the referee, knowing the cameras are not rolling, laughs and jokes with David Stockton as usual. Once the cameras are on, the referee returns a serious look to his face. Later as David is giving the "I'm tired" signal by pulling his jersey, the referee mistakes this as a sign that an LMU player has pulled David's jersey (even though no LMU player is even near) and awards David two free throw attempts. David sinks one free throw after his usual "practice" free throw.

Later, the Zags get into serious foul trouble, and Rem Bakamus is forced to burn his redshirt and enter the game nattily dressed in Khakis, a purple shirt, and loafers.

Rem is on fire and launches several successful threes, regaining the position he held earlier in his career of most points scored per minutes played.

Anthony Ireland again puts up the majority of points for his team, but fouls out before the game is over. As Ireland leaves the game to yet another standing ovation from the Gonzaga fans,he heads toward the GU bench and sits down, hoping no one will notice and that he can just remain with the Zags team for the rest of the season, and hopefully see some postseason play. Joe Few, delighted at the prospect, gives Anthony a towel and water bottle.

With Ireland out of the game, Gonzaga goes on a major dunkfest, including two by Brian Bhaskar, and one by Rem Bakamus. As Rem's dunk is only possible due to Shem grabbing the back of his pants and lifting him up a little bit, Karnowski is credited with an assist

Zags 85

LMU. 70

P.S. At the Senior Night gathering of parents on the court, it is noticed that the Stocktons do not appear on the court. Taking the microphone, Mark Few raspingly breathes out "David. I am....your FATHER." And it is finally revealed that David, despite announcers insisting he is the son of John Stockton, is really the son of Darth Few, who gave David to John to raise so that he could not be accused of favoritism. And thus, with David ends the era of Stockton point guards at Gonzaga.

"NO, there is ...............ANOTHER!

former1dog
02-14-2014, 12:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSPNQ82Sq4E

gonzagafan62
02-14-2014, 12:59 PM
My LMU prediction story:

After the singing of "Oh, Canada", the Zags take to the floor.

David Stockton (son of John Stockton, Hall of Fame NBA player, and arguably the best point guard to ever play in the NBA, who even has a street named after him in Utah) is in prime form, and steals the ball, shouting "155!" then David dishes a sweet dime to Sam, the "Dower of Terror", while shouting "378!"

Again David steals the ball, shouting "156! I am coming for you Matt Bouldin! Look out Doug Spradley!"

Unfortunately for David, several of the Zags players are good friends with Matt Bouldin, which explains all of those head scratcher missed bunnies this season that would have easily given David the number of assists to surpass Matt on the GU All Time Assists Chart.

Before David next inbounds the ball, the referee, knowing the cameras are not rolling, laughs and jokes with David Stockton as usual. Once the cameras are on, the referee returns a serious look to his face. Later as David is giving the "I'm tired" signal by pulling his jersey, the referee mistakes this as a sign that an LMU player has pulled David's jersey (even though no LMU player is even near) and awards David two free throw attempts. David sinks one free throw after his usual "practice" free throw.

Later, the Zags get into serious foul trouble, and Rem Bakamus is forced to burn his redshirt and enter the game nattily dressed in Khakis, a purple shirt, and loafers.

Rem is on fire and launches several successful threes, regaining the position he held earlier in his career of most points scored per minutes played.

Anthony Ireland again puts up the majority of points for his team, but fouls out before the game is over. As Ireland leaves the game to yet another standing ovation from the Gonzaga fans,he heads toward the GU bench and sits down, hoping no one will notice and that he can just remain with the Zags team for the rest of the season, and hopefully see some postseason play. Joe Few, delighted at the prospect, gives Anthony a towel and water bottle.

With Ireland out of the game, Gonzaga goes on a major dunkfest, including two by Brian Bhaskar, and one by Rem Bakamus. As Rem's dunk is only possible due to Shem grabbing the back of his pants and lifting him up a little bit, Karnowski is credited with an assist

Zags 85

LMU. 70

P.S. At the Senior Night gathering of parents on the court, it is noticed that the Stocktons do not appear on the court. Taking the microphone, Mark Few raspingly breathes out "David. I am....your FATHER." And it is finally revealed that David, despite announcers insisting he is the son of John Stockton, is really the son of Darth Few, who gave David to John to raise so that he could not be accused of favoritism. And thus, with David ends the era of Stockton point guards at Gonzaga.

"NO, there is ...............[I]ANOTHER[I]!

Dude, seriously, I hope we go as far in the tournament (WCC and NCAA) as possible. Love reading these.

Reborn
02-14-2014, 01:00 PM
My LMU prediction story:

"NO, there is ...............[I]ANOTHER[I]!

This is by far the funniest thing I've ever seen on the Board. I'm LMAO!!:lmao::lmao: This should go into the Hall of Fame!!!

gonzagafan62
02-14-2014, 01:03 PM
This is by far the funniest thing I've ever seen on the Board. I'm LMAO!!:lmao::lmao: This should go into the Hall of Fame!!!

:allhail:

Zagdawg
02-14-2014, 01:50 PM
Do we have a Hall of Fame?

RenoZag
02-14-2014, 01:55 PM
Bulldogs: 88
Lions: Eaten

former1dog
02-14-2014, 01:59 PM
Bulldogs: 89
lol

Pargo the Destroyer
02-14-2014, 03:58 PM

Bravo!

wnczagfan
02-14-2014, 04:36 PM
:allhail:

Thanks, guys!

Reborn
02-15-2014, 06:22 AM
It's game day. Wow! What a great thread. Couldn't have happened at a better time. I'm looking forward to K2 being on fire tonight, and the Zags responding. It's just hard to believe that this is our last home game. Maybe that's because we still have two weeks of conference play. And the toughest part of the season lies ahead.

I would love to see the Zags break the record for 3 point shots made in K2.
After David Stockton hugs his dad and mom, I'd love to see him run over to Gamagin, who's sitting in the stands, and give him a hug and thank him for sticking up for him on GUBoards. lol....And of course David is miked so the fans both at home and in K2 hear it all. lol

Go Zags!!!

bballbeachbum
02-15-2014, 12:32 PM

haha!

David plays great, Sam plays great, Drew plays great, and all the Zags rise to the occasion in support

Goode's changing defenses help to make this matchup always a fun one each possession identifying the D, we'll see if that's the case tonight

just 3 stars for this thread? tough crowd!

:cheers: wnczagfan

Zags11
02-15-2014, 10:27 PM
Dixie zag wins. Im comin for u next gm. Boooom

Reborn
02-16-2014, 07:36 AM
Dixie zag wins. Im comin for u next gm. Boooom

I am glad for Dixiezag too...his post was so cool. He was very confident that he'd win and he did. I came close enough for me to be happy....especially happy with the W. The Zags closed out the weekend with a lot of class.