PDA

View Full Version : Karma

jazzdelmar
02-13-2014, 04:57 PM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10450002/dominic-woodson-memphis-tigers-suspended-inappropriate-language

Memphis coach Josh Pastner has suspended freshman forward Dominic Woodson indefinitely for using inappropriate language during the No. 20 Tigers' game Wednesday against UCF.

Woodson, a reserve, will not make the Tigers' trip to play Connecticut on Saturday.

Pastner, who does not curse, told Woodson to leave the bench during Memphis' 76-70 win Wednesday, explaining afterward that it was because of Woodson's language.

"You're not going to use it on my bench, so I said, 'See ya,'" Pastner said. "No one is bigger than the program. That's the bottom line."

Woodson, who averages 7.5 minutes per game, already was toeing a thin line with Pastner after being ejected for a Flagrant 2 foul during last week's game against Gonzaga.

Reborn
02-13-2014, 05:53 PM
I'm impressed. I guess that Memphis fan who was posting here last week was right about Pastner. Good job coach. I was looking for the coach to discipline him. That player who took Woodson's place in our game with them was one of the guys who really hurt Gonzaga. I think Pastner is realizing that.

Thanks for the thread Jazz.

Blackbeard
02-13-2014, 06:27 PM
Good find. Thanks

DixieZag
02-13-2014, 06:51 PM
I respect the coach that will enforce his rules. Goodness knows I would never see the practice gym with that rule, but - to each his own.

BigZagFan
02-13-2014, 07:54 PM
Noticed that Memphis made a Hugh RUN at the end of the Central Florida game - coincidence?

hooter73
02-13-2014, 08:50 PM
i heard that today and didnt necessarily think it was connected... then thought there was no way it wasnt connected.

ZagaZags
02-13-2014, 09:00 PM
i heard that today and didnt necessarily think it was connected... then thought there was no way it wasnt connected.

Smart a$$ remark.

hooter73
02-13-2014, 09:11 PM
Well really, benefit of the doubt he was just playing hard in the moment vs GU. But then to find out he is probably a bad apple... Well good for Pastner!

ZagaZags
02-14-2014, 01:21 AM
Noticed that Memphis made a Hugh RUN at the end of the Central Florida game - coincidence?

I love the name BigZagFan. Welcome to GU Boards. I did not see the game :( But it could very well have lit a fire under team. Not sure on the details on how it all went down.

BigZagFan
02-14-2014, 03:35 AM
Memphis used a 15-2 second half run to beat UCF: http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?id=400496999

It seems that Memphis is an aggressive team that is wearing other teams down. I have been to several final four's and have always noticed that the best teams play aggressive- hard nosed defense. In my observation, the Zags are sometimes at a disadvantage because the starters need to conserve energy to finish strong. That is where the short rotation hurts the Zags, they need to bring in the others to keep the intensity level high and wear down their opponents.

gonzagafan62
02-14-2014, 06:17 AM
Karma is also what is going to have Gonzaga making a run in the NCAA Tourney. Bell broke his foot, his hand, multiple players have had the flu and missed time, had mono, or a tonsillectomy... and then you have Dower who aggravated his back.

I think its time for good things to happen to GU.