PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Viewing

Birddog
02-11-2014, 04:57 AM
I highly recommend watching these two videos before further posting on GUB. If I were in charge, it would be required.
Posting 101
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Basketball 101
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n9hSMquADI

Bocco
02-11-2014, 06:00 AM
"if you have an opinion, back it up with reason" - now that is a novel concept, for instance it would have been nice if whoever started the thread "OUT COACHED" had provided more of a reason than "nuff said". All to often posts of this sort tend to be the norm.

Zags11
02-11-2014, 08:26 AM
Saw bigfoot....knew he was real. Called 911, they asked if I was staring at our local college billboard? I said yes. They hung up. He removed himself from the shadows, winked and nodded.

my reason? None.

Zag 77
02-11-2014, 09:17 AM
My impression is that the Zag fans that have been around since before 1999 tend to be a little more responsible and less inflammatory. Maybe some of that comes with age, maturity and perspective. Maybe an over-generalization, but that is what I see.

SteelZag
02-11-2014, 09:54 AM
"if you have an opinion, back it up with reason" - now that is a novel concept, for instance it would have been nice if whoever started the thread "OUT COACHED" had provided more of a reason than "nuff said". All to often posts of this sort tend to be the norm.

Or, they could have used the search button and found twenty threads on same subject.

bartruff1
02-11-2014, 10:02 AM
Deep Thots.... I have seen fan forums that had " Critics Corner " where people with constructive criticism could post their ideas and not get upset if there is not universal agreement with their insight......viewers could go there and know what to expect.

Ekrub
02-11-2014, 12:20 PM
My impression is that the Zag fans that have been around since before 1999 tend to be a little more responsible and less inflammatory. Maybe some of that comes with age, maturity and perspective. Maybe an over-generalization, but that is what I see.

You mean the ones who can barely muster a polite clap after a win in the kennel?

MTZag03
02-11-2014, 01:17 PM
You mean the ones who can barely muster a polite clap after a win in the kennel?

Haha. I started at GU in 99. At kraziness in the kennel in 2012 I was shamed out of standing and jumping and cheering by the alumni section. They glared at me till I stopped. I wish our non students would get a little crazy.

Hijacked thread now?

Zag 77
02-11-2014, 01:18 PM

No, I mean the ones who have been going to games since Adrian Buoncristiani was coach at the Old Kennel when it was called Kennedy Pavilion. The ones who have seen about a thousand more GU games than the newbies. The ones who would have given their left nut to see the team win enough games to hit .500.

Zags11
02-11-2014, 03:10 PM
New fans are good to. Quit scaring away the new guys and gals. I have seen 60yr olds and up ##### and moan. Fans since way back. Its the personality of the fan.

Zagceo
02-11-2014, 03:18 PM
A fan is a fan who cares if your 96 like my father or new born like GBJ new baby a Zag Fan Is a Zag Fan!