PDA

View Full Version : CBS Sunday 25 and 1: ...#26

MDABE80
02-09-2014, 11:53 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/rankings/top25
We still have major problems to overcome. I'm kinda with BZ. We'll get to the tournament and it's 1 or 2 and done.

Injuries have killed off our chances of a deep run. SOme aspect of coaching haven't been understandable to me as well as others. We lost a lot last year. Too much to overcome even if the team was healthy. Kids tried hard but underneath it's not quite there for us. It hasn't been all season long even though some of the data looks decent...against a weak schedule.

Out guard play has been good enough but not enough for a S16 I don't think anyway. Good kids and committed kids. We needed some athletic bigs to return to the top ten. I though, Morgam, Davis or Moser would be here but it just wasn't in the cards. We'll be better in the future but when the horses aren't there, it's tougher. The season if far from over so just enjoy it. 21-4 isn't so bad. Last night blew up some possible options . Reality intervenes. Let's hope Gary comes on stronger than last night. Dranginis is a tremndous player...Kevin needs rest. I'm surprised he's done as well as he has. So, instead of criticizing obvious deficiencies, I'm gonna just watch these kids grow up and salute them.

TexasZagFan
02-10-2014, 03:48 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/rankings/top25
We still have major problems to overcome. I'm kinda with BZ. We'll get to the tournament and it's 1 or 2 and done.

Injuries have killed off our chances of a deep run. SOme aspect of coaching haven't been understandable to me as well as others. We lost a lot last year. Too much to overcome even if the team was healthy. Kids tried hard but underneath it's not quite there for us. It hasn't been all season long even though some of the data looks decent...against a weak schedule.

Out guard play has been good enough but not enough for a S16 I don't think anyway. Good kids and committed kids. We needed some athletic bigs to return to the top ten. I though, Morgam, Davis or Moser would be here but it just wasn't in the cards. We'll be better in the future but when the horses aren't there, it's tougher. The season if far from over so just enjoy it. 21-4 isn't so bad. Last night blew up some possible options . Reality intervenes. Let's hope Gary comes on stronger than last night. Dranginis is a tremndous player...Kevin needs rest. I'm surprised he's done as well as he has. So, instead of criticizing obvious deficiencies, I'm gonna just watch these kids grow up and salute them.

Excellent post Abe...your comment of "reality intervenes" said it all.

IMHO, our guard play has regressed while Karno and Sam have made great strides. I don't mind PK getting blocked 2-3 times a game, it means he's taking it to the hoop.

12 points from our 3 starting guards...that won't cut it.