PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed, but love these Zags

wnczagfan
02-08-2014, 08:49 PM
More disappointed that we lost after having a couple decent leads than i would be had we just lost a close one. That being said, I love all of these Zags.

Zaglaw
02-08-2014, 09:05 PM
+1

Zippyzaggy
02-08-2014, 09:11 PM
Do you LOVE your dog after he p*sses on the carpet? I just can't do it right now...maybe tommorow.

Sorry, I just don't do losses very well. Especially these kinds. Took me months to get over Wichita State, wait...still not over it.

Ekrub
02-08-2014, 09:48 PM
We played a tough team tough in a tough place to win. I was mad for about 5 minutes but I'm over it. NCAA tourney is the goal of the regular season. Get there and I'll could care less about this game. Go Zags.

gonzagafan62
02-10-2014, 10:55 AM
Do you LOVE your dog after he p*sses on the carpet? I just can't do it right now...maybe tommorow.

Sorry, I just don't do losses very well. Especially these kinds. Took me months to get over Wichita State, wait...still not over it.

This loss buried me more than Portland State. This was tough.

Zagceo
02-10-2014, 11:08 AM
I will always be disappointed in every Zag loss! I will never be disappointed by any Zag member. I get over every loss in about 2 sec. You can't win them all but you can learn from them all.

I just don't want people to stop questioning our players and our coaches because they are Zags. How do you think that teams get better? They watch film and grade every play and player and coach them up.

If you find this offensive on a community board like this maybe you should find one that only talks about the positive plays and only the games we win not the tough losses.

I want my Zag team to be tough enough to take criticism and fight for every loose rebound.

Zippyzaggy
02-10-2014, 11:18 AM
We played a tough team tough in a tough place to win. I was mad for about 5 minutes but I'm over it. NCAA tourney is the goal of the regular season. Get there and I'll could care less about this game. Go Zags.

My man, I agree with everything you've said except the part where you "could care less about this game." You mind sprinkling some of that magic dust on me to help a brother out? The Prozacs not working...heheh

Zippyzaggy
02-10-2014, 11:25 AM
I will always be disappointed in every Zag loss! I will never be disappointed by any Zag member. I get over every loss in about 2 sec. You can't win them all but you can learn from them all.

I just don't want people to stop questioning our players and our coaches because they are Zags. How do you think that teams get better? They watch film and grade every play and player and coach them up.

If you find this offensive on a community board like this maybe you should find one that only talks about the positive plays and only the games we win not the tough losses.

I want my Zag team to be tough enough to take criticism and fight for every loose rebound.

So far so good, no Zag ever freaked out and rushed the stands to violently shove elderly folks for saying stupid stuff. I've been called a lot worse than "piece of cr*p" during games and although it occurred to me that choking the fan out would be enjoyable, I would NEVER have done it. Not a real SMART thing to do.

Zippyzaggy
02-10-2014, 11:34 AM
This loss buried me more than Portland State. This was tough.

I was at that game. It was eerily quiet, as if nobody could believe what just happened. Walked around in a trance for days. I know Portland State had a good team but it was unfathomable that they could beat us at home.

I honestly felt like we'd lose the Memphis game going in, with College Game Day there and how hard it is to pull out a victory in Fed Ex. anyways, but we led almost the whole game. That is what kills me more than anything. I feel like the Zags are the better team, but with nothing to show for it.

ZagMania
02-11-2014, 08:22 AM
I feel like the Zags are the better team, but with nothing to show for it.

This is only the case if we don't salute some of the heroic performances and plays by the guys we love to root for. So with that said, some awesome things from Gameday:

- Sam Dower is tremendous and brought it on a big stage in a tough environment. I'm sure a lot of scouts came away impressed. Happy for him.
- Karno's defense continues to be monumental. Memphis makes a living off scoring in the paint and he was a menace. Memphis scored only 22 points the first half! Who would've thought a Zag team would ever be able to control the paint against Memphis.
- David Stockton and others held Jackson to just 2 field goals. Stocks, Pangos, and Bell all handled the press from Memphis well and made it a complete non-factor. We had more steals and really limited their transition game.
- Coleman obviously didn't back down, and played really well in the first half. Also let a few threes fly, I'm sure he is working hard to add that aspect to his game. Imagine a GC with a jump shot next year? I'm sure Ammo is going to get him there.

Edited to add:
- GBJ was very active with his hands, which the announcers said was a focus Few was stressing to the team before the game. Bell came away with 4 steals and was really sticking his nose in there on a few of them.

titopoet
02-11-2014, 09:44 AM

But Zags didn't do anything to your carpet. I am clear that the game is played by the players and they hurt by the lose. I was disappointed, but I put in nowhere near the effort that Stockton, Pangos, PK or any of the players or coaches did. The key to failure is how do your respond. Many here need to read this piece, http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/12/15/in-praise-of-failure/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

Staking our existence on a game played by men barely out of childhood will be a recipe for non-success. I still believe this can make a deep run. If they don't. I will kiss the forehead of my son and know the Zags did the best they could. Champions are not those that don't lose or fail, for the only ones that never fail are the ones that never try, but those that move past failure and learn and find the deepest truth of life... All is grace.

wnczagfan
02-11-2014, 04:15 PM
...know the Zags did the best they could.

+1

Ah, Zagfucius say:

Man who do many things risk many criticisms; man who do nothing risk only one criticism.