PDA

View Full Version : Great game, Zags...

Hooplife18
02-08-2014, 08:25 PM
Memphis fan here. First things first, another classic between the two of us! Second, on behalf of all of Tiger nation, I would like to apologize for that flagrant foul. We could not believe it when that happened. He is a freshman, but no excuse. That was very uncharacteristic of a Pastner coached Memphis team. And to anyone saying Mark Few got out coached, get real. Mark Few is a hall of famer and knows what he is doing at all times. Pastner was the one outcoached. Luck just went in our favor at the end. You guys have a great team and without a doubt will scare in the tournament. Here's to hoping this rivalry continues and to many more classics!!

DixieZag
02-08-2014, 08:27 PM
Memphis fan here. First things first, another classic between the two of us! Second, on behalf of all of Tiger nation, I would like to apologize for that flagrant foul. We could not believe it when that happened. He is a freshman, but no excuse. That was very uncharacteristic of a Pastner coached Memphis team. And to anyone saying Mark Few got out coached, get real. Mark Few is a hall of famer and knows what he is doing at all times. Pastner was the one outcoached. Luck just went in our favor at the end. You guys have a great team and without a doubt will scare in the tournament. Here's to hoping this rivalry continues and to many more classics!!

Sincerely appreciate the post, very classy. Right now we can't believe we let that get away.

They kept talking about the block - - the block might have happened, in part, b/c Shem was nothing after the injury.

ZagLawGrad

Congrats to Memphis. Appreciate the comments, but I don't think this year's version of the Zags are going to scare anyone too much.

Ekrub
Our stars just aren't performing. Both got/are injured, so it's to be expected to an extent. Good luck the rest of the year.

LMUZAG
02-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the post, good luck the rest of the year.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

gomemphistigers1
02-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Very proud of my Tigers tonight but hold your heads high...Gonzaga is an impressive, well coached squad.

Good luck the rest of the way!

Hoopaholic
02-08-2014, 08:29 PM
it was a classic heavy weight fight with both teams working extremely hard...no worries from my perspective on the foul, I didnt see malicousness in the face of the kid, simply doing what I suspect the game plan said to do, foul Shem when in close and he is going to get ball...kid just lost composure a little bit not a problem from my perspective

mid way through second half your coach did a good job of adjusting defense by dropping weakside way into paint, we didnt adjust to this and failed to swing the ball or make skip pass to wide open weakside offensive player

memphis was much much quicker to the ball tonight and that was the key to the game.......memphis will make some noise with their athletic team and defensive aggresiveness

good luck rest of the season

Oregonzagnut
02-08-2014, 08:30 PM
Thanks. Memphis's athleticism rattled us for a couple runs and we couldn't keep the lead. We win if Pangos doesn't go cold from 3. We shot 12% from 3 and that was due to the constant pressure. But Pangos went cold and that is a trend he clearly has on the road. Pangos goes 1-7.

zagzilla
02-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Classy post. We missed a great opportunity tonight. Atmosphere at your place was electric and your guys fed off of it.

25 offensive boards is why you won. Zags out worked

ZZ

Zagceo
02-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Tough game but Tigers played harder the whole game on the boards. We were exposed on the boards with your athletes and their quickness. Congrats!

pablo1516
02-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Great game, great fans, and great team Hooplife18.................... hard fought game, Zags tightened up at times. Zags need to learn from this one and how to close out games.

Good luck to the Tigers going forward.

Until we meet again, all the best.

demian
02-08-2014, 08:37 PM
very classy post. thanks for stopping by. good luck to Memphis the rest of the way. Good athletes, tough physical kids, good pressure defense and a pretty darn good active zone defense. Nice recipe for a little damage in the tourney by Memphis. good luck tigers

pablo1516
02-08-2014, 08:40 PM
Tigers are incredibly athletic and play tough. Kudos to our bigs, Karno and Sam they gave us a solid performance. Our Zags played in a tough environment tonight. We will learn from this and grow.

Thanks for the classy post and best of luck to your Tigers going forward.

Lewey
02-08-2014, 08:58 PM
I would like to apologize for that flagrant foul

Far different look of that foul than from Kafusi (??) of BYU last year. A football lineman converted to basketball who flagrantly knocked over one of our guys and stood over him yelling like he was on the gridiron. Your guy seemed really surprised at what he did, and came over afterward to give Karn a pat. No problem at all.

CDC84
02-08-2014, 09:07 PM
gomemphistigers1,

Pass on the word to Pastner. Play Nick King more. He's a huge part of the reason why your guys won tonight. He was outstanding.

Pastner4Prez
02-08-2014, 10:17 PM
gomemphistigers1,

Pass on the word to Pastner. Play Nick King more. He's a huge part of the reason why your guys won tonight. He was outstanding.

Good game and yes Pastner will learn to play King more. Kid has NBA written on him once he clears out the kinks in his offense. Roy Williams said I quote"That mfer plays so hard and I go to war with him any day"

GoTigersGo
02-08-2014, 11:33 PM
What a game, I was there and saw many Zags fans. DO you always travel well? I was very impressed with the number of fans you had here considering how far you are.

demian
02-09-2014, 12:07 AM
absolutely

gomemphistigers1,

ZagaZags
02-09-2014, 12:08 AM
What a game, I was there and saw many Zags fans. DO you always travel well? I was very impressed with the number of fans you had here considering how far you are.

Gonzaga is America's team. So yes it is always like that.

teCh0010
02-09-2014, 01:24 PM
Memphis fan here. Great game zags.

I stayed at the Westin with your team and a bunch of your fans. I really enjoyed getting to meet the your team at the hotel, and had a lot of good conversations with your fans. Your fan base really has an impressive knowledge of basketball, and I hope you enjoyed your trip other than the final score.

It really was an exciting game, hopefully I'll have my voice back for work. It was the loudest I've heard the forum this year.

TheGonzagaFactor
02-09-2014, 01:46 PM

It seems that we have a decent amount of fans for almost all away games. I would think that many Zags fans traveled from all over the Southeast if they could make it.

The foul was cheap and probably led to Memphis winning the game, but it was just one play. It's not like they were old-school Pistons cheap all game or anything like that. It was nowhere as bad as the guy @ BYU last year, I can't believe he didn't get ejected for that. Good game, you guys have to let us win another one soon so we can keep this going long-term. I love this series.

TheGonzagaFactor
02-09-2014, 01:47 PM
Gonzaga is America's team. So yes it is always like that.

:clap:

Zags11
02-09-2014, 07:58 PM
Memphis owns us.

Hooplife18
02-09-2014, 08:35 PM
Memphis owns us.

I don't know. I mean, record wise, yes. But "owning" (to me) is more of just dominating a team consistently. And that is nowhere near the case in this series. Multiple games have come down to the wire. Great series, Zags!

Zags11
02-09-2014, 09:52 PM
Record wise in head to head matchups matter. Great games, but we on wrong end.