• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rangerzag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Memphis Gameday coverage

Morning coverage starts at 7 AM PST. Listing states it goes for two hours.
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut
  • RenoZag
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Bilas had some nice compliments for Coach Few and the program. Pastner followed suit when he and Few did the director's chair interview with Reece Davis.
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Zagceo
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2013

PLAY ANGRY!

Guard the line make them drive! per Digger

Comment

• ZAGLAWQB
        Kennel Club Material
        • Oct 2009

Memphis Kids are ready to raise the roof!!!

Comment

• scott257
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2009

The GameDay that was on here (in Texas) did not even mention a Gonzaga player by name. No interview with either coach. Pretty disappointing, I backed it up and re-watched just to see if I had missed something. They did quite a bit on Wichita State on how they "play angry." It was a crap show here, they barely talked about Memphis other than to show the Ducks in the Peabody Hotel and some shots around the city.

Comment

• Reborn
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by scott257 View Post
            The GameDay that was on here (in Texas) did not even mention a Gonzaga player by name. No interview with either coach. Pretty disappointing, I backed it up and re-watched just to see if I had missed something. They did quite a bit on Wichita State on how they "play angry." It was a crap show here, they barely talked about Memphis other than to show the Ducks in the Peabody Hotel and some shots around the city.
            Agree with you. Lousy show. It's the first time I watched it this year, and I doubt I'll watch it again. I kind of feel sorry for the Memphis fans who had a huge turn out for the show. Their team wasn't even mentioned in the program. And Honestly, I really don't care for any of the "celebraties" on the show, and the key to that word is "brat." I used to like Jay but that has really changed. What an ego.
            Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Zagceo
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2013

Zags were just dismissed by GameDay and should be offended by the Shockers getting more airtime.

GET ANGRY! PLAY WITH A CHIP!

Comment

• scott257
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                Agree with you. Lousy show. It's the first time I watched it this year, and I doubt I'll watch it again. I kind of feel sorry for the Memphis fans who had a huge turn out for the show. Their team wasn't even mentioned in the program. And Honestly, I really don't care for any of the "celebraties" on the show, and the key to that word is "brat." I used to like Jay but that has really changed. What an ego.
                They may show different versions depending on where you are, but if anyone thinks Gonzaga or Memphis were getting good press around the country, it just didn't happen. I thought it was low class and to see more about Wichita State while there was no mention of Gonzaga (other than no one picks them to win) makes me think ESPN just sucks. I won't watch again.

Comment

• ZAGLAWQB
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Oct 2009

Same show all over...1 hour out west....producers suck....no tapes of players or coaches or gonzaga/spokane people. Panel not very professional...Digger sick and hard of hearing especially regarding secondary comments not on point from rest of panel...Bilas has become one dimensional with
                  ranking tourney possibles as his frame of reference. So boring for those Memphis kids and fans who got up early east coast time...feel bad for them.

Comment

• gomemphistigers1
                    Bulldog Fan
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZAGLAWQB View Post
                    Same show all over...1 hour out west....producers suck....no tapes of players or coaches or gonzaga/spokane people. Panel not very professional...Digger sick and hard of hearing especially regarding secondary comments not on point from rest of panel...Bilas has become one dimensional with
                    ranking tourney possibles as his frame of reference. So boring for those Memphis kids and fans who got up early east coast time...feel bad for them.
                    Memphis is Central Time...

That's a good crowd considering I walked outside and saw:

Thats a full on blizzard for us.
                    www.memphistigers.org

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Last year's Gameday vs Butler was only marginally better. Unless it's a BCS program expect short shrift. It's just a way to make the same old, tired faces and voices appear to be different. C minus.

Comment

• scott257
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ZAGLAWQB View Post
                        If it is the same everywhere, how is it that the coaches weren't part of the show that I have on my DVR?

Comment

• Zagceo
                          Zag for Life
                          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by scott257 View Post
                          If it is the same everywhere, how is it that the coaches weren't part of the show that I have on my DVR?
                          I'm confused also. The first comment in this thread reads that GameDay started at 7am PST will last 2hrs. I started watching at 8:05am PST and my TV guide says it started at 8:00am?

Comment

• RenoZag
                            Super Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

There was a GameDay show on ESPN-U that started at 7:00 PST. A second hour was on ESPN beginning at 8:00. The first hour included the Pastner-Few interview.
                            The second hour didn't mention tonight's game very much.

This split channel format is the same one "Game Day" has used in past seasons. The first hour tends to be the one that focuses on the evening's marquee game. The second hour tends to be more chatter from a national perspective.

FWIW, Bilas will be joining Dan Schulman on tonight's Tigers -Bulldogs match-up.
                            Last edited by RenoZag; 02-08-2014, 11:54 AM.
                            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• scott257
                              Zag for Life
                              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                              There was a GameDay show on ESPN-U that started at 7:00 PST. A second hour was on ESPN beginning at 8:00. The first hour included the Pastner-Few interview.
                              The second hour didn't mention tonight's game very much.
                              That answers my question. I wish I had known that in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X