PDA

View Full Version : Love KP forever for this, among many other things

gamagin
02-06-2014, 02:21 PM
This may have happened before or may even have been going on for a long time, BUT I saw it for the first time prior to the Portland game Wed. night.

Between the time the loud video and music ended and the introduction to the crowd of the starting lineup began, KP got up and started along the west side gauntlet and gave each and every Zag on the team a hug. He walked down the west side and then returned on the east side before sitting down for the introduction. It looked like a chest bump and a quick pat on each back with both hands.

He looked like he was saying something but I don't know what. My guess is he was pumping each one up, letting them know they mattered and saying either lets's go or perhaps thanking all his teammates who helped him prep for this latest challenge.

In any event, it's a permanent memory for me. and by sharing it, I hope it sticks with you all as well.

Oregonzagnut
02-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Inspiration can come at any time. I have never noticed PK do this but I bet he is really feeling like the Zag experience is special, and not just in Basketball but in the entire Gonzaga experience. 21-3 and it hasn't been easy for him statistically at all, yet he shores up the paint better and better with each game.

Maybe the cold snap reminded him of home and how much this is his new family. Although Torun had their cold snap a couple weeks ago, it seems the climate is very similar to Spokane.

MTZag03
02-06-2014, 03:47 PM
I think we're taking KP, not PK.

Oregonzagnut
02-06-2014, 04:09 PM
Oooops the whole time I read the post I had in my mind Karnowski. Sorry gamagin! Talk about much ado about nothing on my part. Dyslexic I guess.

Either way, I hope what is as inspirational and motivational for Kevin is also something akin to what I really hope for ANY Zag on the team, that this family style chemistry is something that will translate on the court and off the court.

gamagin
02-07-2014, 08:42 AM
Yes, it was Kevin. If it was new to the beginning of each game, or there was something special he was sharing with everyone, it was very cool. One of the chief warriors telling everyone what he thought of each of them right before the next war.

It's the stuff of legends for me. If it continues, it will be part of KP's legacy, which is growing with each season. This young fellow is amazing. This is but another good reason why, IMO.

Vanzagger
02-07-2014, 09:25 AM
This is very inspirational. Thanks for sharing gamagin. Congratulation to his family. The years go by fast. I am going to try and savor every moment.

primal23
02-07-2014, 09:29 AM
KP is great! Man think how good he would be this year with a healthy foot!

gamagin
02-07-2014, 10:41 AM
Here's a quote from my favorite author. He spoke at GU at least twice. I met him both times. shook his hand and basically stood there in awe of his many accomplishments.

I feel that way with KP and DS and several others who just keep going for it. As well as those who are trying game after game, to make basketball second-nature and beat someone else in the process. It's the essence of another kind of "art" being encouraged in this quote.

May all of our souls grow in this process.

“Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven’s sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possibly can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something.” -kurt vonnegut

2wiceright
02-07-2014, 02:30 PM
Yes, it was Kevin. If it was new to the beginning of each game, or there was something special he was sharing with everyone, it was very cool. One of the chief warriors telling everyone what he thought of each of them right before the next war.

It's the stuff of legends for me. If it continues, it will be part of KP's legacy, which is growing with each season. This young fellow is amazing. This is but another good reason why, IMO.

Thanks for sharing that Gamagin! It gives me goosebumps thinking what we all may have in store for the last part of the season and especially next year with a leader like that and especially a team as close as these guys seem to be!!!

2wiceright
02-07-2014, 02:31 PM
Here's a quote from my favorite author. He spoke at GU at least twice. I met him both times. shook his hand and basically stood there in awe of his many accomplishments.

I feel that way with KP and DS and several others who just keep going for it. As well as those who are trying game after game, to make basketball second-nature and beat someone else in the process. It's the essence of another kind of "art" being encouraged in this quote.

May all of our souls grow in this process.

“Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven’s sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possibly can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something.” -kurt vonnegut

+ 1000