PDA

View Full Version : Reveno vs. Few

burgesszag
02-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Coach Reveno gets a lot done with players that would be bench warmers for the Zags...Not one of the Pilots would even be considered for a scholarship at Gonzaga...Yet Reveno goes in at half down by 17 and most of his best players on the bench with foul trouble..For long stretches in the 2nd half he had his 4 best players on the bench with foul trouble and comes back and takes the lead in a game he should have thrown the towel in at halftime...Thank God the Zags have a lot better talent than 90% of their league opponents or we would not win 90% of our league games...

Hoopaholic
02-05-2014, 09:22 PM
Although recruiting is a big part of being a head coach

burgesszag
02-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Might be considered..OK.. Name the Pilots who would start for the Zags...or even play minimal minutes off the bench..

Hoopaholic
02-05-2014, 09:34 PM
Van de mars would be a strong player for us

Nicholas would provide inside out 4 time

Wintering would be a solid backup pg

kitzbuel
02-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Van der mars is tough. He could play for anyone in the WCC IMO.

ZagaZags
02-05-2014, 10:09 PM

Rex Walters said he wouldn't start for his team.

Bocco
02-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Coach Reveno gets a lot done with players that would be bench warmers for the Zags...Not one of the Pilots would even be considered for a scholarship at Gonzaga...Yet Reveno goes in at half down by 17 and most of his best players on the bench with foul trouble..For long stretches in the 2nd half he had his 4 best players on the bench with foul trouble and comes back and takes the lead in a game he should have thrown the towel in at halftime...Thank God the Zags have a lot better talent than 90% of their league opponents or we would not win 90% of our league games...

Actually only two of his best players (starters) were on the bench for long stretches Bailey and van der Mars, the other three starters all had over 30 minutes.

Bailey, van der Mars and Nicholas could be scholarship players for Gonzaga and see plenty of court time.

Rangerzag
02-05-2014, 10:41 PM

So van der Mars is not only tough, he has good taste.

kclubfounder
02-06-2014, 05:50 AM
Not one of the Pilots would even be considered for a scholarship at Gonzaga......Thank God the Zags have a lot better talent than 90% of their league opponents or we would not win 90% of our league games...

Perhaps that partially explains why Portland is 5-7 in league, 13-11 overall, and is currently 168 in the RPI while Gonzaga is 11-1 in league, 21-3 overall, and is currently 21 in the RPI.

bballbeachbum
02-06-2014, 07:16 AM

:lmao: well played

I agree with Bocco

CDC84
02-06-2014, 09:39 AM
The reason why Portland has the record they do is because they are extremely young. It explains their inconsistency.

They are going to be a pain in the neck to deal with in the coming years.

I have always felt that Eric Reveno is the best coach in the league not named Mark Few.

primal23
02-06-2014, 11:16 AM
The reason why Portland has the record they do is because they are extremely young. It explains their inconsistency.

They are going to be a pain in the neck to deal with in the coming years.

I have always felt that Eric Reveno is the best coach in the league not named Mark Few.

And a good, likeable guy. He is my favorite non-GU coach.

Reborn
02-06-2014, 12:35 PM
Don't forget Pressley and Sharp. I like both these players alot.
No comparison between Few and Reveno. Mark Few could be a Hall of Fame coach. I don't think Feveno has had one NCAA Tournament appearance.

maynard g krebs
02-06-2014, 02:52 PM
One thing that strikes me is how well they develop modestly talented guys into top rebounders. First Luke Sikma, who averaged over 10 his last year, and now Nicholas, who is averaging 9.2, in Turiaf/Batista territory and better than any Zag in the modern era except those 2.