PDA

View Full Version : bart--Where Art Thou?

bigblahla
02-05-2014, 06:12 AM
Worked on getting Jazz to come back and play...seems another of our dysfunctional family is missing in action.

C'mon bart love the wit.......where art thou?

Go!! Zags!!!

Zagdawg
02-05-2014, 06:46 AM
Bart was one of the posters that brought great insight and a sense of humor to the board, but due to the negative direction we have moved decided to take a hiatus from posting. Hopefully he will be back at some point as he is a positive influence on the board.

As we discussed previously, attacking the program, coaching staff and players does have an impact on the board and players families/friends.

Go Zags

Zags11
02-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Well they should also not personally attack posters either.

Blackbeard
02-05-2014, 12:36 PM
Bart was one of the posters that brought great insight and a sense of humor to the board, but due to the negative direction we have moved decided to take a hiatus from posting. Hopefully he will be back at some point as he is a positive influence on the board.

As we discussed previously, attacking the program, coaching staff and players does have an impact on the board and players families/friends.

Maybe I am missing something here but I describe this board as having their rosy colored glasses on when talking about the zags... to an extent that is unrealistic and kind of sickening. But again, this is a fan board which leans that way. I don't see any negativity that you describe. Cheers.

Zagdawg
02-05-2014, 01:29 PM
Gotta disagree -- some posters convey their throughts about the team in a logical well thought out manner-- others not so much---let me provide you with some examples that you posted about the team and program over the last few months since you joined the board.

Talking about Stockton:
“That is amazing (almost unbelievable) that he is up there with those guys. I still don't like him though... too bad they don't have statistics of points against as he would be in the top 10 worst list.”
“Roy would of never let DS on the team, let alone play. DS got completely schooled by a freshman at LMU last week as an example.”

Talking about the Kennel Club
“That is when the Kennel Club wasn't full of idiots.”

Talking about Shem:
“He wouldn't last a minute in the NBA but as the other posters said his sheer size makes him a valuable asset for GU that is playing all these mickey mouse teams in the WCC.”

Talking about DeCourcy
“Never heard of this reporter you worship.”

Talking about our coach
“Few is an idiot

Thank you for coming to visit the site and provide input about the Zags--as some like to say--it is good to hear from the other end of the spectrum...isn't that right Jazz.

Have a great day and Go Zags!

doctorzag
02-05-2014, 03:06 PM
Good riddance to Bart.

ZagNative
02-05-2014, 03:24 PM
Love Bart. Hope he's just on vacation.

maynard g krebs
02-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Good riddance to Bart.

And why might that be? Please enlighten us with your inimitable wisdom.

willandi
02-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Good riddance to Bart.

If he has offended you, you can choose to put him on your ignore list.,,and just perhaps, it is this type of comment that has caused him to go away. Personally, I would rather read the ideas that he has than good riddance to a valued member of this forum.

ZagaZags
02-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Good riddance to Bart.

You are always the little ray of sunshine on GU Boards. I will say this, you are consistent.

Carry on. ( +1 on what Willandi said. )

GPGUgrad
02-05-2014, 06:21 PM
I like Bart.

And I read what he has to say.

Bart, like you said to me one day: "Don't stop posting!"

Screw what anyone has to say.

ZagLawGrad
02-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Maybe Bart will tell everyone what his other screen name is someday.

GrizZAG
02-06-2014, 05:53 AM
Hey Bart, if you are throwing darts you should expect them coming back at you. Plain & Simple.

I think in part the concern here is that players and their families frequent this board and some care should be taken in over the top bluntness and criticism for that reason. Also, prospects may not like the idea of going to a school that might have them be the goat of over the top criticism and have mom read it you know. Just a thought on this.

ANY player could be knocked hard time to time so drilling one continuously gets grating really.

willandi
02-06-2014, 05:55 AM
Hey Bart, if you are throwing darts you should expect them coming back at you. Plain & Simple.

I think in part the concern here is that players and their families frequent this board and some care should be taken in over the top bluntness and criticism for that reason. Also, prospects may not like the idea of going to a school that might have them be the goat of over the top criticism and have mom read it you know. Just a thought on this.

ANY player could be knocked hard time to time so drilling one continuously gets grating really.

Doesn't remind me of Bart. Any concrete examples? I know I only come here once or twice a day, so may have missed that!

Zagceo
02-06-2014, 06:53 AM
Who cares move this thread to the foo please!

LongIslandZagFan
02-06-2014, 09:03 AM
Good riddance to Bart.

Maybe YOU should take a break too. Classless post.

LongIslandZagFan
02-06-2014, 09:03 AM
Who cares move this thread to the foo please!

Why the Foo... what has the Foo done to deserve this?

cjm720
02-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Bart's probably basking in the Mexican sun on vacation....

Zagceo
02-06-2014, 09:19 AM
Why the Foo... what has the Foo done to deserve this?

OK you got me how bout the garbage bin?

Zippyzaggy
02-06-2014, 10:24 AM
I know where Bart is...he is researching, for me, the proper new car to purchase (winks).

But truth be known, after my recent post asking for advice on a car purchase in the Foo, Bart was actually kind enough to PM me and provide valuable insight into which vehicle I might purchase...and I really appreciated it.

So Bart, stop working so hard for me and get back in here!! You and Jazz need another hoe-down to liven things up! ;)

jazzdelmar
02-06-2014, 10:43 AM
So Bart, stop working so hard for me and get back in here!! You and Jazz need another hoe-down to liven things up! ;)

No thanks, ZZ. No 'mo hoe for me.

Zippyzaggy
02-07-2014, 11:40 AM
No thanks, ZZ. No 'mo hoe for me.

LOL. But seriously, not sure if I should laugh, or cry. No 'mo hoe could be considered kinda sad. Maybe I'll just do both.

jazzdelmar
02-07-2014, 11:52 AM
LOL. But seriously, not sure if I should laugh, or cry. No 'mo hoe could be considered kinda sad. Maybe I'll just do both.

Depends on your definition of "hoe."

gu03alum
02-07-2014, 05:18 PM
Good riddance to Bart.

If I were a lesser man I would tell you to go to hell....

Bart is a great guy and a great poster.

zag67
02-08-2014, 05:19 AM
Bart we do miss ya. I might not always agree but you normally add some food for thought. Both you and Jazz are people that bring info to the board. Go Zags prove many wrong tonight.

bartruff1
02-08-2014, 08:09 AM
I am fine, I quit posting nearly a month ago and didn't intend to cause a kerfuffle.

The forum is about the team and the program, not the posters.

Here is a basketball post.... Gonzaga wins in a close game...would be easy peasy except for a toe....a contrast between athletes and basketball players... between a coach that controls the game and a recruiter that lets them play...

Road games in big hostile environments are tough to win .... But the pressure is on Memphis,.... in reality...., Gonzaga will be in the tourney because of their Conference Regular Season Title ..... if the game is close at the end, the pressure is on the home team. Memphis does not shoot free throws well.... that may hurt them if they have a lead in crunch time.

As others have said. Gonzaga plays team defense...help and close...Stocks is always digging for the ball, if he gets it, Kevin and Gary and the others are flying down court for a lay in or a pull up three...if they get 8 or so points off turnovers... I think they win.

In any case, the most interesting part of the season will start AFTER this game.....IMHO....bart

JPtheBeasta
02-08-2014, 08:36 AM
Welcome back.

zag67
02-08-2014, 10:00 AM
Agree. Welcome back and nice post for your return. I agree and hope we are correct.

ZagMan in Philly
02-08-2014, 10:07 AM
I am fine, I quit posting nearly a month ago and didn't intend to cause a kerfuffle.

The forum is about the team and the program, not the posters.

Here is a basketball post.... Gonzaga wins in a close game...would be easy peasy except for a toe....a contrast between athletes and basketball players... between a coach that controls the game and a recruiter that lets them play...

Road games in big hostile environments are tough to win .... But the pressure is on Memphis,.... in reality...., Gonzaga will be in the tourney because of their Conference Regular Season Title ..... if the game is close at the end, the pressure is on the home team. Memphis does not shoot free throws well.... that may hurt them if they have a lead in crunch time.

As others have said. Gonzaga plays team defense...help and close...Stocks is always digging for the ball, if he gets it, Kevin and Gary and the others are flying down court for a lay in or a pull up three...if they get 8 or so points off turnovers... I think they win.

In any case, the most interesting part of the season will start AFTER this game.....IMHO....bart

Well said, and welcome back.
I think Zags win, come back from first half deficit, and coast the rest of the way home for a 6 point win.

GO ZAGS!

Zagdawg
02-08-2014, 10:10 AM
Welcome back.