PDA

View Full Version : Memphis fan here

Hooplife18
02-04-2014, 02:37 PM
I guess it's never too early for a little smack talk! I'm predicting my Tigers extend the series lead to 6-2 over the Zags!! But really, glad to see this game back. Was always a great rivalry and game. We are THE game this weekend so it will be great exposure for us both. Packed house of 18,000+. Let's get it!

cjm720
02-04-2014, 02:48 PM
Glad we are both in the top 25! You have some very athletic guys that will bring a challenge we have yet to face.

If we're not hitting from deep, we likely won't win IMO but we're due!

Zagceo
02-04-2014, 02:57 PM
Welcome Hooplife,

Zags have been hit hard by the flu this winter but seem to be getting over it I was wondering how other teams have been affected. Do you know if your team has been hit with the flu at all?

exclusivelee
02-04-2014, 03:06 PM
Zags were able to win last time we played you guys in the FedEx Forum, but you were in a down year, but it looks to be a tough fight yet again. I assume Memphis will outrebound us, but we may be able to outshoot you.

This time around, we have your former player Drew Barham

Martin Centre Mad Man
02-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Welcome aboard, Hooplife. We have a pretty good team. We don't have our biggest roster or our most athletic roster in recent memory, but we have smart, skilled veterans who execute their team offense very well and have been improving steadily on defense.

This game should be a great measuring stick for our team. We haven't played a single game against a team with the athleticism that you guys have, so this should be a very interesting test to see how our kids can handle that type of pressure. I can't wait.

HRZag
02-04-2014, 03:50 PM
Holy Cow. Memphis is up on Rutgers 51-17, with two minutes to go before half. They are just raining threes. Yikes!

Zippyzaggy
02-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Holy Cow. Memphis is up on Rutgers 51-17, with two minutes to go before half. They are just raining threes. Yikes!

Yeah, it may well be that they're looking past Rutgers to our big game. NOT.

wnczagfan
02-04-2014, 04:05 PM
Hooplife18,

If your players do not currently have the flu, they will by the time we are done playing them.

Worthington
02-04-2014, 04:07 PM
This isn't a game that I expect us to win. We usually don't fare to well against very athletic teams like Memphis. That being said, we're an experienced squad that, when we bring our A-game, can compete with almost anyone in the country. It still feels like we haven't played that signature game this season, so at the very least I hope this game is exciting!

Zippyzaggy
02-04-2014, 04:09 PM
Hooplife18,

If your players do not currently have the flu, they will by the time we are done playing them.

LOL, I suppose as long as they don't catch turf toe, a broken hand, and a back injury, they'll survive!

rawkmandale
02-04-2014, 05:32 PM
I guess it's never too early for a little smack talk! I'm predicting my Tigers extend the series lead to 6-2 over the Zags!! But really, glad to see this game back. Was always a great rivalry and game. We are THE game this weekend so it will be great exposure for us both. Packed house of 18,000+. Let's get it!

Way to beat the snot out of Rutgers. 101-69 WOW!

gomemphistigers1
02-04-2014, 06:10 PM
Way to beat the snot out of Rutgers. 101-69 WOW!

Rutgers makes me go "huh?"

They have 7 top 100 players...and they're just awful.

Zagceo
02-05-2014, 07:08 AM
ESPN has Game Day in Memphis!

I can't wait!

titopoet
02-05-2014, 07:11 AM

I predict that Drew is cheered when comes in and booed when its the gaming winning 3.

Zaga
02-05-2014, 07:53 AM
Zag's by 10. SD another double double! Player of the game BTW

hooter73
02-05-2014, 09:45 AM
were playing an uber-athletic, three point raining team... what could go wrong?

Zagger
02-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Zag D wins the game - a close one with both teams scoring under 80 and multiple lead changes. The X factor on the win being Zag FT% and steals by Stockton!
Go Zags!

DixieZag
02-05-2014, 10:12 AM
It'll be good to see our Memphis friends back. Remember when they supported us playing UNC? The UNC fans just couldn't figure out why 2 schools so different from each other would be so supportive - - I remember my reply. . ."you think it's got something to do with the fact that they will actually agree to play us home and home?"

Anyway, I look forward to seeing some old friends back here - good fans, always brought something to the table, never obnoxious, just proud of their team - who I hope we beat by 30. :adored:

Blackbeard
02-05-2014, 10:35 AM
Zag D wins the game - a close one with both teams scoring under 80 and multiple lead changes. The X factor on the win being Zag FT% and steals by Stockton!
Go Zags!

I think this board is jumping the gun a bit when it talks about how good gonzaga's defense is. The defense has been great the past few games but those opponent's are low grade material. As others have said, I'm really excited about this game on Saturday as this will be a true measurement of the team... and I would love if my statement about the gonzaga's d is wrong. I'm assuming your 'steals by Stockton' is a joke. Cheers.

007Zag
02-05-2014, 10:50 AM
I don't think that steals will win the game for us, but David leading the team in steals (1.7 per game with Kevin and Kyle tied for 2nd at 1.1) is no joke.

I do agree with you that our much (recently) vaunted defense will show its true colors against Memphis. Here's hoping it's for real.

Hooplife18
02-05-2014, 11:03 AM
Back when Calipari was here, we had many home and homes with great programs. Programs like Syracuse, Uconn, Arizona, and Georgetown. But the Gonzaga game was the game a lot of us Tiger fans looked forward to the most. Was always just a great game and rivalry. I really hope our athletic directors find a way to continue this series. If not every year, then every other year.

wnczagfan
02-05-2014, 05:29 PM
Back when Calipari was here, we had many home and homes with great programs. Programs like Syracuse, Uconn, Arizona, and Georgetown. But the Gonzaga game was the game a lot of us Tiger fans looked forward to the most. Was always just a great game and rivalry. I really hope our athletic directors find a way to continue this series. If not every year, then every other year.

I hope so too. I think it is a good out of conference matchup for both teams, and one I look forward to.

Oregonzagnut
02-05-2014, 05:39 PM

Especially in the tail end of our conference schedules. It really boosts the RPI for each and this year the WCC is just right below American Athletic in conference RPI. WCC is #9 and AAC is #8. With all the AAC ranked teams, it kinda shows how much stronger our whole conference has become from top to bottom.

Heres to a Gonzaga win but an instant classic. One that inspires us to continue this home and away series.

rawkmandale
02-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Can someone please post the link to the Tigers forum board? - enjoyed reading that in the past.

75Zag
02-05-2014, 06:39 PM
Memphis is a good school with good teams and I respect the school's many academic programs, but GU really needs to beat Memphis so that the Bulldogs can avoid playing their first round NCAA game in Crackerville Texas.

Go Bulldogs!

RenoZag
02-06-2014, 08:14 AM
Can someone please post the link to the Tigers forum board? - enjoyed reading that in the past.

Try this:

http://memphis.247sports.com/Board/Memphis-Tigers-Basketball-Message-Board-Forum-59481

Hooplife18
02-06-2014, 08:32 AM
Try this:

http://memphis.247sports.com/Board/Memphis-Tigers-Basketball-Message-Board-Forum-59481

Tiger fan here. ^^that is the board you will want to read. There is another board, but it's full of crazies. My mommy always tells me to stay away from it... :)

kitzbuel
02-06-2014, 08:56 AM
Did you hear the story about Peyton Manning using the word Omaha when he is calling signals at QB? The Tigers should use Rutgers the same way. If they need to lift intensity during a game JJ or someone should yell RUTGERS and then go to the basket

Good idea, 'cause when he yelled 'Omaha', that is apparently where their offense went.

GoTigersGo
02-06-2014, 10:47 AM
It'll be good to see our Memphis friends back. Remember when they supported us playing UNC? The UNC fans just couldn't figure out why 2 schools so different from each other would be so supportive - - I remember my reply. . ."you think it's got something to do with the fact that they will actually agree to play us home and home?"

Anyway, I look forward to seeing some old friends back here - good fans, always brought something to the table, never obnoxious, just proud of their team - who I hope we beat by 30. :adored:

Another Memphis fan here :). I was at that game screaming my head off for you guys. I am a big fan when you're not playing Memphis!!!

sittingon50
02-06-2014, 12:10 PM
Tiger fan here. ^^that is the board you will want to read. There is another board, but it's full of crazies. My mommy always tells me to stay away from it... :)

What's wrong with me hanging with like-minded citizens?

Akzag
02-06-2014, 05:10 PM
What's wrong with me hanging with like-minded citizens?

I'm with you sitting ...

http://csnbbs.com/forum-499.html ( also linked in another thread )

sittingon50
02-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Thanks AK. Fun threads.

DixieZag
02-07-2014, 06:48 AM
I wish we played these guys every other week. It's refreshing to hear from other team's fans - when they're not ducks about it. (To be fair, SMC's people over here are good, too.)

Hooplife18
02-07-2014, 07:21 AM
I wish we played these guys every other week. It's refreshing to hear from other team's fans - when they're not ducks about it. (To be fair, SMC's people over here are good, too.)

It's nice to chat with sane fans. The Gonzaga fans that used to be on the espn board could get obnoxious at times, but it seems as if this board is where the real Zags fans converse.

willandi
02-07-2014, 07:35 AM
It's nice to chat with sane fans. The Gonzaga fans that used to be on the espn board could get obnoxious at times, but it seems as if this board is where the real Zags fans converse.

Maybe Woohoo will have a dream about you, and you'll get to meet Francis!

gomemphistigers1
02-07-2014, 10:22 AM

www.memphistigers.org

gonzagafan62
02-07-2014, 11:16 AM
Memphis is a good school with good teams and I respect the school's many academic programs, but GU really needs to beat Memphis so that the Bulldogs can avoid playing their first round NCAA game in Crackerville Texas.

Go Bulldogs!

Well said +1