• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hooplife18
    Banned
    • Feb 2014

Memphis fan here

I guess it's never too early for a little smack talk! I'm predicting my Tigers extend the series lead to 6-2 over the Zags!! But really, glad to see this game back. Was always a great rivalry and game. We are THE game this weekend so it will be great exposure for us both. Packed house of 18,000+. Let's get it!
  • cjm720
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2007

Glad we are both in the top 25! You have some very athletic guys that will bring a challenge we have yet to face.

If we're not hitting from deep, we likely won't win IMO but we're due!
    Go Zags!!!

Comment

• Zagceo
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2013

Welcome Hooplife,

Zags have been hit hard by the flu this winter but seem to be getting over it I was wondering how other teams have been affected. Do you know if your team has been hit with the flu at all?

Comment

• exclusivelee
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2013

Zags were able to win last time we played you guys in the FedEx Forum, but you were in a down year, but it looks to be a tough fight yet again. I assume Memphis will outrebound us, but we may be able to outshoot you.

This time around, we have your former player Drew Barham

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
          Administrator
          • Apr 2009

Welcome aboard, Hooplife. We have a pretty good team. We don't have our biggest roster or our most athletic roster in recent memory, but we have smart, skilled veterans who execute their team offense very well and have been improving steadily on defense.

This game should be a great measuring stick for our team. We haven't played a single game against a team with the athleticism that you guys have, so this should be a very interesting test to see how our kids can handle that type of pressure. I can't wait.
          “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• HRZag
            Kennel Club Alum
            • Feb 2007

Holy Cow. Memphis is up on Rutgers 51-17, with two minutes to go before half. They are just raining threes. Yikes!

Comment

• Zippyzaggy
              Professional Zag Fan
              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by HRZag View Post
              Holy Cow. Memphis is up on Rutgers 51-17, with two minutes to go before half. They are just raining threes. Yikes!
              Yeah, it may well be that they're looking past Rutgers to our big game. NOT.

Comment

• wnczagfan
                Kennel Club Alum
                • Jan 2014

Hooplife18,

If your players do not currently have the flu, they will by the time we are done playing them.

Comment

• Worthington
                  Bleeds GU Blue
                  • Aug 2011

This isn't a game that I expect us to win. We usually don't fare to well against very athletic teams like Memphis. That being said, we're an experienced squad that, when we bring our A-game, can compete with almost anyone in the country. It still feels like we haven't played that signature game this season, so at the very least I hope this game is exciting!

Comment

• Zippyzaggy
                    Professional Zag Fan
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by wnczagfan View Post
                    Hooplife18,

If your players do not currently have the flu, they will by the time we are done playing them.
                    LOL, I suppose as long as they don't catch turf toe, a broken hand, and a back injury, they'll survive!

Comment

• rawkmandale
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hooplife18 View Post
                      I guess it's never too early for a little smack talk! I'm predicting my Tigers extend the series lead to 6-2 over the Zags!! But really, glad to see this game back. Was always a great rivalry and game. We are THE game this weekend so it will be great exposure for us both. Packed house of 18,000+. Let's get it!
                      Way to beat the snot out of Rutgers. 101-69 WOW!

Comment

• gomemphistigers1
                        Bulldog Fan
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by rawkmandale View Post
                        Way to beat the snot out of Rutgers. 101-69 WOW!
                        Rutgers makes me go "huh?"

They have 7 top 100 players...and they're just awful.
                        www.memphistigers.org

Comment

• Zagceo
                          Zag for Life
                          • Nov 2013

ESPN has Game Day in Memphis!

I can't wait!

Comment

• titopoet
                            Zag for Life
                            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Hooplife18 View Post
                            I predict that Drew is cheered when comes in and booed when its the gaming winning 3.
                            ----
                            Why not try Love Poems. They work to prime the pump.

Comment

• Zaga
                              Bleeds GU Blue
                              • Nov 2010

Zag's by 10. SD another double double! Player of the game BTW

Comment

Working...
                              X