PDA

View Full Version : Might the Seahawks Super Bowl win be an omen for the Zags this year?

GeorgiaZagFan
02-03-2014, 07:44 PM
...for NW sports fans old enough to remember, especially those who root for both the Seahawks and the Zags, the early part of 2006 left a bad taste for us. The Steelers (with help from the Zebras) beat the Seahawks in the SB AND ...WARNING: (for those Zag fans who still need therapy because of this one, you might want to skip to the next thread) The Zags lost to U.C.L ..."Voldemort" (the team that shall not be named!) ... after having the game well in hand! I really thought that year the Zags had a team that could have won it all. Just as both teams fell short that year with disappointing losses, maybe this year they both finish with a win!!! Just a thought ...but such a good thought! ;) P.S. To make this happen Few should employ the defensive tactics of the Seahawks for at least the first play of the game ...recruit some linebacker and pull a "Chancellor hit to #88" on the first three point shooter!!!

Oregonzagnut
02-03-2014, 08:10 PM
Not one to believe in omens, I do believe int he power of suggestion and the power of coming together to reach otherwise impossible goals based on unforeseen inspiration and heart.

so, YES! And I'd prefer it was a good omen.

cjm720
02-03-2014, 08:50 PM
And we have a Jesuit pope now too!

MDABE80
02-03-2014, 10:23 PM
Good......we'll need a miracle to get to the Swt 16.

Zagdawg
02-04-2014, 07:12 AM
So yer saying theres a chance.............

gonzagafan62
02-04-2014, 07:13 AM
I think it will be a good omen next year when the Hawks win back to back Super Bowls and the Zags win the National Title.

willandi
02-04-2014, 07:36 AM
Wouldn't it be great if Washington State had professional teams in the other 3 major sports? NHL, NBA & MLB?

gonzagafan62
02-04-2014, 07:40 AM
Wouldn't it be great if Washington State had professional teams in the other 3 major sports? NHL, NBA & MLB?

They have the Mariners.

Zagdawg
02-04-2014, 08:20 AM
I heard Manning tried to throw in the towel in the 3rd quarter............but it got intercepted by the Seahawks secondary. :)

ZagMan in Philly
02-04-2014, 08:53 AM
They have the Mariners.

If I were Bill Gates, SuperSonics would still be in Seattle. I grew up rooting for downtown Freddie Brown, Gus Williams, Jack Sikma..and now Kevin Durant.

gonzagafan62
02-04-2014, 08:55 AM
If I were Bill Gates, SuperSonics would still be in Seattle. I grew up rooting for downtown Freddie Brown, Gus Williams, Jack Sikma..and now Kevin Durant.

Hopefully they can get the SuperSonics back to Seattle. Just when they were on the road to having a good team again, they move them to OKC. I really feel bad for the Seattle diehards having to watch their team go to OKC.

DixieZag
02-04-2014, 08:56 AM
Good......we'll need a miracle to get to the Swt 16.

:lmao:

Perfect timing. Atta boy.

DixieZag
02-04-2014, 08:57 AM
They have the Mariners.

I think that was his point. Wouldn't it be great if we had a pro team?

229SintoZag
02-04-2014, 08:58 AM
They have the Mariners.

He said professional sports teams.

TheGonzagaFactor
02-04-2014, 09:03 AM
I heard Manning tried to throw in the towel in the 3rd quarter............but it got intercepted by the Seahawks secondary. :)

Meh. He only threw 2 picks, one of which wasn't his fault.

Jazzgirl_127
02-04-2014, 09:44 AM

I've always wondered why there's not an NHL team anywhere in the Pacific Norhtwest, seams like a better fit for hockey than Florida (who has 2 teams).

Ekrub
02-04-2014, 11:22 AM
I've always wondered why there's not an NHL team anywhere in the Pacific Norhtwest, seams like a better fit for hockey than Florida (who has 2 teams).

I hear grumblings about it from my friends who follow hockey every once in a while. Does seem like a good fit.

ZaGranny
02-04-2014, 11:33 AM

Vancouver Canucks? Of course following them involves a passport these days, but it's not too far from the Seattle area.

ZaGranny

Hoopaholic
02-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Vancouver Canucks? Of course following them involves a passport these days, but it's not too far from the Seattle area.

ZaGranny

naaaa my enhanced driver license is suffice to go back and forth

Jazzgirl_127
02-04-2014, 01:13 PM

ZaGranny

I always wondered if the Canucks drew a lot of American fans for that reason. It's just a shame that there's a big patch of territory (with some good college hockey teams in it) that doesn't have a pro team.

Hoopaholic
02-04-2014, 02:03 PM
I always wondered if the Canucks drew a lot of American fans for that reason. It's just a shame that there's a big patch of territory (with some good college hockey teams in it) that doesn't have a pro team.

used to go up to Vancouver routinely for NHL hockey was always a fun road trip....and the time sI went saw many other "americans" that had come up from just south of the great city of vancouver....but still have always dreamed of having our own NHL franchise in seattle

Mantua
02-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Given the Seattle fan support for soccer and football my hopes are up for an NBA team.