PDA

View Full Version : Stepping stones

Reborn
02-03-2014, 08:20 AM
I've described the schedule this year as a set of stepping stones, each step getting the Zags to where we need to be, as well as each step getting a little more difficult. This week the Zags will look at two very significant steps. The first being Portland at home, and the second is Mephis @ Memphis. WE are looking forward to both of these games with great enthusiasm. We want our Zags to show Portland who the Zags REALLY are. And regarding Memphis, it's the same thing but the Zags will be playing to a national audience. I believe the game is highlighted on ESPN'S GAME DAY.

Each week I am saying to myself, "I hope we can get through this week with two wins." And somehow the Zags have been doing exactly that. And with each victory they grow a little bit more toward becoming the team that Mark Few has had envisioned that they would be. But Mark Few is not the only one who had envisioned this kind of year. I think the players have too, and this team has really bought into the idea of playing defense in ways that other teams did not. I may be wrong, but I can't remember any other team playing defense this well.

When I think of playing Portland on Wednesday, I am hoping to see what Portland will look like if we guard them better, if we guard them the way we have been guarding other teams since that lost. As for Memphis, I am looking forward to seeing how this defense and this offense plays against a ranked team on the road. It will be our toughest game since Kansas St. We got beat by Kansas St, but we all know that Sam got hurt. I want to see what the Zags will be like as a team that is healthier now.
I'm looking forward to one more really good week.

Go Zags!!!

gonzagafan62
02-03-2014, 08:27 AM
I've described the schedule this year as a set of stepping stones, each step getting the Zags to where we need to be, as well as each step getting a little more difficult. This week the Zags will look at two very significant steps. The first being Portland at home, and the second is Mephis @ Memphis. WE are looking forward to both of these games with great enthusiasm. We want our Zags to show Portland who the Zags REALLY are. And regarding Memphis, it's the same thing but the Zags will be playing to a national audience. I believe the game is highlighted on ESPN'S GAME DAY.

Each week I am saying to myself, "I hope we can get through this week with two wins." And somehow the Zags have been doing exactly that. And with each victory they grow a little bit more toward becoming the team that Mark Few has had envisioned that they would be. But Mark Few is not the only one who had envisioned this kind of year. I think the players have too, and this team has really bought into the idea of playing defense in ways that other teams did not. I may be wrong, but I can't remember any other team playing defense this well.

When I think of playing Portland on Wednesday, I am hoping to see what Portland will look like if we guard them better, if we guard them the way we have been guarding other teams since that lost. As for Memphis, I am looking forward to seeing how this defense and this offense plays against a ranked team on the road. It will be our toughest game since Kansas St. We got beat by Kansas St, but we all know that Sam got hurt. I want to see what the Zags will be like as a team that is healthier now.
I'm looking forward to one more really good week.

Go Zags!!!

I like you am super pumped about this week. The rematch I have been looking forward to all conference season long (That was strange to say.) Portland's Bobby Sharpe is a hell of a player, but when GU is at home and healthy we know they are a lot better. I cannot wait for this game. I hope we show them who we really are.

And for Memphis, we need this one bad. I hope that Gary and Pangos and Dower and Draino can all play rather well in this one. If we do, it will be hard to stop GU. I am really hoping for another great week, and I really hope that we can improve that seeding just a little to get me more confident about the tournament.