PDA

View Full Version : I see many new posters. ( This is awesome )

ZagaZags
02-02-2014, 11:54 PM
I wish I could name them all ( too many to name ) but they know who they are. Keep it up, it is nice to see all the new names.

Welcome to GU Boards. :)

zag67
02-03-2014, 05:31 AM
Agree and welcome on board. Go Zags.

gonzagafan62
02-03-2014, 07:05 AM
Took me 7 years to find this board.

gozagswoohoo
02-03-2014, 12:44 PM
Allow myself to introduce.....myself....

I am Woohoo, bringer of all that is good.

JPtheBeasta
02-03-2014, 01:16 PM
What is the policy on my pet goat becoming a board member?

77Zag
02-03-2014, 01:19 PM
Francis should chime in soon and make sure all the Newbies know the genius behind WooHoo...

Zags11
02-03-2014, 04:40 PM
Allow myself to introduce.....myself....

I am Woohoo, bringer of all that is good.

Hi woohoo

Reborn
02-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Welcome. Fresh water is good for a thirsty soul.

Oregonzagnut
02-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Welcome. Fresh water is good for a thirsty soul.

Or a splash in the face of the polyannas who loathe honest critique or opinions they don't like.

Zagdawg
02-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Only took 9 posts to get this positive thread welcoming new posters going in a negative direction-- and people wonder why the board has a negative vibe.

JPtheBeasta
02-03-2014, 08:20 PM
It must be time for tacos.

TheZagPhish
02-03-2014, 08:28 PM
It must be time for tacos.

Tacos for our new posters. It's like a mild hazing.

I love seeing new handles and reading fresh perspectives. If you're new, welcome aboard. We're happy to see you!

http://www.thebaldchef.net/images/Tacos.jpg

taco!

mee755
02-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Woohoo used to be the "welcome committee". Did the crown get passed on?

ZagaZags
02-03-2014, 09:03 PM
Woohoo used to be the "welcome committee". Did the crown get passed on?

Woohoo is still the king of the welcome committee. :)

ZagaZags
02-03-2014, 09:04 PM

Glad you found it. :)

Pallet
02-04-2014, 06:12 AM

Sorry, that's my fault. I shouldn't have used bread crumbs for directions. Must have been those starving Gaels that ate them.

wnczagfan
02-04-2014, 06:22 AM
Or a splash in the face of the polyannas who loathe honest critique or opinions they don't like.

Whew! Sure glad pollyanna was my SECOND choice for a screen name!

/dodged a bullet

gonzagafan62
02-04-2014, 06:33 AM
Sorry, that's my fault. I shouldn't have used bread crumbs for directions. Must have been those starving Gaels that ate them.

:bishop_smiley: or they were doing this to me. Damn Gaels.

FrancisTheGoat
02-04-2014, 06:41 AM

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

Fight to da death!

gozagswoohoo
02-04-2014, 06:43 AM
Woohoo is still the king of the welcome committee. :)

For some reason, we don't get as many brand new posters that start a "my first thread here" thread....they used to do that often, and that's where I would welcome them.

I've missed many, many, many. I'll try to catch up in the off-season for sure.

Zaga
02-04-2014, 08:02 AM

She must be of a free range type that does not need your help over fences JPtheBeasta! Just kidding around.

FrancisTheGoat
02-04-2014, 08:04 AM
She must be of a free range type that does not need your help over fences JPtheBeasta! Just kidding around.

She?!?!? Oh....eh.....oh yes....ugh....we may have just a little room for da new goat.

Zaga
02-04-2014, 08:11 AM
She's a BEASTA for sure!!!!

gonstu
02-04-2014, 11:11 AM
THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

Fight to da death!

Am I the only one who has noticed F's spelling has been much improved lately. Must be taking some English classes or something?

TheZagPhish
02-04-2014, 11:46 AM
Am I the only one who has noticed F's spelling has been much improved lately. Must be taking some English classes or something?

Or the poor English is part of an elaborate ruse. Francis is a grifter goat, you know.

http://f.cl.ly/items/1i231f2o3u0f1c0s2e01/francis-grifter.jpg

ZagaZags
02-16-2014, 01:16 AM
Keep it up new posters, welcome to GU Boards. :)

MickMick
02-17-2014, 07:30 PM
Hmmm.

It will be an interesting post season.

ZagNative
02-17-2014, 07:45 PM
Hmmm.

It will be an interesting post season.MickMick! Nice to see you in the hood again! Where you been, boi?

Zags11
02-17-2014, 09:22 PM
We are missing alot of known posters lately. What happened?

wnczagfan
02-18-2014, 05:25 AM
We are missing alot of known posters lately. What happened?

When Woohoo posted that sticky about David Stockton's assists, he said ShaZamm! He may have made them disappear.

gozagswoohoo
02-18-2014, 07:38 AM
When Woohoo posted that sticky about David Stockton's assists, he said ShaZamm! He may have made them disappear.

I accidentally banished the wrong 10-12 people though!! Doh!

Zags11
02-18-2014, 10:55 AM
Missed me, missed me now you gotta kiss me......wait.....missed me, missed me now you can diss me.

francis?

MickMick
02-20-2014, 03:37 AM
MickMick! Nice to see you in the hood again! Where you been, boi?

Hey ZN, I have been poking around.

Sometimes the negativity wears on me. Especially the negativity towards Mark Few.

It isn't as much fun to visit anymore.

GoZags
02-20-2014, 05:20 AM

Sometimes the negativity wears on me. Especially the negativity towards Mark Few.

Bingo.

cbbfanatic
02-20-2014, 06:44 AM
For some reason, we don't get as many brand new posters that start a "my first thread here" thread....

aside from not being able to welcome them, i see this as a positive sign.

people that feel the need to announce their presence on a message board often have an inflated sense of self importance or crave attention... pass

going soapbox for a minute here... another positive would be if the board allowed other college basketball talk on the main board. might help give people a little more perspective (good and bad, i guess) and encourage real college bball talk instead of GU/WCC only talk... its not like all those new threads would push the 5-8 active threads off the first page...

gonzagafan62
02-20-2014, 06:48 AM

people that feel the need to announce their presence on a message board often have an inflated sense of self importance or crave attention... pass

going soapbox for a minute here... another positive would be if the board allowed other college basketball talk on the main board. might help give people a little more perspective (good and bad, i guess) and encourage real college bball talk instead of GU/WCC only talk... its not like all those new threads would push the 5-8 active threads off the first page...

This is why I didn't do a "my first thread post" LOL!

All joking aside, I don't mind either way. Posters be posters.

cjm720
02-20-2014, 07:39 AM

yep and yet we're 23-4...go figure

TexasZagFan
02-20-2014, 07:53 AM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/46266460.jpg

GonzagasaurusFlex
02-20-2014, 04:40 PM
Whew! Sure glad pollyanna was my SECOND choice for a screen name!

/dodged a bullet

You're sure to be grazed sooner or later, but when it happens just shake it off and get back up on the GUBoards horse and ride again!

All aboard...this train is pulling out of the station in 2 hrs and 20 minutes; next stop...deep into the Dance!

Zag79
02-24-2014, 01:58 AM
yep and yet we're 23-4...go figure

This. How people can feel like making the dance annually is a given right cracks me up. We have to earn it, just like everyone and sometimes it can be harder than other times. But that's what makes it exciting, not mention we are still doing things we really shouldn't be based on school size, location, recruits, etc.

I personally Few could do some things differently to get over the hump, but then again you can't argue with his success and we are lucky to have him. Hopefully our Zags can get hot and make a "surprise" to some run, but if not it will be another amazing season.

I was on the first board that existed, it was really small but hoops knowledge was abundant. Now it's more so the debbie downers and negative Nancy's yapping about why they are unhappy with something, I prefer to talk basketball x's and o's with substance. This board will always be a place for good hoops conversation, but it has it's up and downs like anything else in life and basketball.

Can't wait to wrap up the title with a W against Pacific, go Zags!

Vanzagger
02-24-2014, 07:18 AM
When ticket prices and salaries go up, new facilities are built, ESPN and the NBA come calling, it's ok for expectations to fall in line.