PDA

View Full Version : What are some things that you would like to see in the Zags game vs San Francisco

Reborn
01-31-2014, 06:11 AM
This is the first time that I have posted this kind of a thread this year, but honestly it was one of my favorite ones I posted for the last couple of years. I had thought that maybe I could include it in the prediction thread but it isn't turning out that way. People like shorter blogs. hahahahaha So I will begin to post this thread again.

I would like to see the Zags rebound better Saturday. Looking back at the game against Santa Clara I feel they kind of let up on the boards. All of them!!! Everyone on this team needs to rebound because we don't have a dominating rebounder, and especially when PK is not on the court. Sam is a much better rebounder then he demonstrated Wednesday.

I'm really hoping that Kevin Pangos can have a good offensive game. The Zags will need him on offense I think. And I hope Gary continues to insert himself and his game on the offensive end but this time the whole game and not just the second half.

Go Zags!!!

MTZag03
01-31-2014, 06:40 AM
I would like to not see yet another storming of the court. I would also like to not see refs burying their whistles in the last two minutes. I suspect it will be a very close game. I would like to see stellar defense and pangos hitting his season average on three point percentage.

gonzagafan62
01-31-2014, 06:57 AM
I want to see a clear GU victory with Pangos hitting some shots. Seems like a long time since Maui when he just went bezerk. I want to see 4 more blocks by Shem, and Drew Barham wake back up from the last game against SCU. Gary needs to step up again and continue trying to lead this team as well. Also stay out of foul trouble. That will be key.

Baseline
01-31-2014, 07:02 AM
I want to see Shem continue to dominate the paint.
See the defense extend out to stop the 3 pointers
Barham back on track with 3's
Bell hunting his Shot
Pangos hitting
KD filling the stat shets

jpwils
01-31-2014, 07:19 AM
I want to see Shem continue to dominate the paint.
See the defense extend out to stop the 3 pointers
Barham back on track with 3's
Bell hunting his Shot
Pangos hitting
KD filling the stat shets

Want to see:

Zags make layups

Get offensive rebounds

Limit USF on 3 pt %

Get USF's bigs in foul trouble not vice-versa

Coleman go off

CDC84
01-31-2014, 07:45 AM
Keep the same defense from Wednesday night but knock down more open shots. There's no way Gonzaga is losing this game if that happens.

MDABE80
01-31-2014, 09:22 AM
Same thing every year about this time. Rebounding and harsh defense are the reliables. If the offense goes cold (SCU) the defense wins the game. Quite the sturdy D qued up by the staff on Wednesday. Defense is controllable..offense most of the time.

bballbeachbum
01-31-2014, 10:07 AM
I just hope they win. some specifics would be I hope to see Shem stay out of foul trouble, for KP to rebound from Wednesday's performance, and for KD and GC to play a lot and together with GBj more

former1dog
01-31-2014, 10:13 AM
Want to see:

Zags make layups

Get offensive rebounds

Limit USF on 3 pt %

Get USF's bigs in foul trouble not vice-versa

Coleman go off

QFT!!!!

wnczagfan
01-31-2014, 10:21 AM
I want to see Kevin Pangos hitting shots at away games at the same percentage as home games. I seriously wonder whether it has something to do with the lights in those other gyms. On tv it appears that some of the other gyms have weird bluish-white lights where everything looks washed out, whereas the kennel has a warmer, more natural,light. I'm not sure if this is true, or if I just start trying to look too hard for reasons we don't shoot as well as at home, and think "it must be the lights!"

bballbeachbum
01-31-2014, 10:34 AM
I want to see Kevin Pangos hitting shots at away games at the same percentage as home games. I seriously wonder whether it has something to do with the lights in those other gyms. On tv it appears that some of the other gyms have weird bluish-white lights where everything looks washed out, whereas the kennel has a warmer, more natural,light. I'm not sure if this is true, or if I just start trying to look too hard for reasons we don't shoot as well as at home, and think "it must be the lights!"

Me too.

looked like Kevin had made some strides this year in shooting better outside of the Kennel, like down in Maui (vs, Arkansas 10-15 and 7-8 from deep for example) and even at WV (7-17, 4-8 downtown) when he nailed 3's late to help seal that victory. He looked adversely affected by his toe at the Leavey Center imo, couldn't get open, only 7 shots taken. Even at USD, where he shot 5-10 and 1-4 from 3, that's not bad, but only 10 shots? I think the toe is involved here but who knows?

gonzagafan62
01-31-2014, 11:07 AM
Missing 7 of 8 layups will catch up to us if we don't start hitting and making them.

Kiddwell
01-31-2014, 11:44 AM
Something like 12-14 missed shots around the basket in the SCU game. Zags, make those itty-bitties! If so (vs. USF), we honk 'em!

International Zags - 88
"Other" Bay Area Bombers - 62

:]

HillBillyZag
01-31-2014, 11:47 AM
I want to see PK & Sam stay out of foul trouble and hit the boards hard. I'd like to see KP, GBJ, KG, and Coleman play more effective minutes together. I'd like to see us shoot at least 45-50 Pct. from the field, with at least eight or nine treys. I want no injuries, but most of all, I want a Zag win!

Zag 77
01-31-2014, 02:39 PM
I mean that in a good way, of course.:D

gamagin
01-31-2014, 03:17 PM
I want to see everyone hit their averages. team work. get back to basics and play our game. we do that we win.

Oregonzagnut
01-31-2014, 03:37 PM
No mental mistakes! That is something we can control. No sloppy turnovers and no missed bunnies.

I hope Karno is mastering the baby hook shot. I looks like he is making more of them and not coming up short so much. If he can master the hook shot he will be unstoppable. Like most 7 footers.

Stay out of foul trouble. USF will play more rough than Santa Clara. Rex will have to go for blood because they are #2 in conference.

I also want us to blow them out in their own place and figure out how to still dominate in defensive grinder games like on Wed.

zag67
01-31-2014, 04:51 PM
1. Win
2. Solid defense like the last game
3. Better rebounding - there was good hustle most of the game but we let down a few times
4. Make our layins
5. Do not rush our shots - this will help on layins and many of our short shots
6. Run the offense
7. Play great team ball. On offense and defense. Have fun

Marcus
01-31-2014, 05:06 PM
I want to witness a beatdown in every aspect of the game handed out by GU. Total domination start to finish in every way possible. The Don's are currently in second place in the league and I would like the Zags to not give them any satisfaction thinking they are part of the leagues elite. I can't stand the thought of SF winning and only being one game behind in the race for the regular season title.

DixieZag
01-31-2014, 06:25 PM
I want a beat down.

I'll take one more point than them.

Everyone says, we're so much better (we are) - and how many years in a row were we so much better when we lost in the past? I desperately hope that the refs aren't trying to "control" the game. We lost once there b/c of that already, when USF had one play, dribble the clock down to 8 seconds and then drive to the lane, toss up anything get the call - - even continuation calls.

Kevin needs to channel his inner West Virginia - one of the few true "away" games that I recall him really knocking them down. Bell will likely hit 50% of this 3s - so the question is - will he be 2-4 or 6-12? I want him in the latter.

RenoZag
01-31-2014, 07:00 PM
I would like to see Walters get a technical. . .

And a Zags win that isn't a nail biter.

GrizZAG
01-31-2014, 07:37 PM
Intense "D" the whole game, not just in spurts.
Take care of the ball better than last game
Shem goes beasting again
KP, Barham and Bell light it up from perimeter
Coleman goes off under control
REBOUNDING without FOULING!

Reborn
01-31-2014, 09:41 PM
Not a real big chance of seeing this happen, but I must confess that I would love to see Coleman get over twenty minutes, and score 13 points. I was talking to my son Dame and realized how good Coleman could be if he got some good minutes consistently. If anyone has shown he's improving it's him. And please don't tell me he can't or won't pass. Lately he's had some of the most beautiful passes of them all. I also noticed that I didn't see anyone talking about the passing and how beautiful it was after the Santa Clara game. I"d like to see the Zags get back to some beautiful passing.

Zagdawg
01-31-2014, 10:04 PM
Coleman got 18 mins last game-- not a bad line with 6 pts--4 boards 2 assists and 3 turnovers.

He cuts down on his turnovers and keeps working on his passing/assists and I can see him at 20 mins a game --no problem.

ZagaZags
01-31-2014, 11:18 PM

I would like to see Doolin show up and punch Walters in the face.

demian
01-31-2014, 11:33 PM
Not a real big chance of seeing this happen, but I must confess that I would love to see Coleman get over twenty minutes, and score 13 points. I was talking to my son Dame and realized how good Coleman could be if he got some good minutes consistently. If anyone has shown he's improving it's him. And please don't tell me he can't or won't pass. Lately he's had some of the most beautiful passes of them all. I also noticed that I didn't see anyone talking about the passing and how beautiful it was after the Santa Clara game. I"d like to see the Zags get back to some beautiful passing.

To me if there was ever a player that deserves commendation for changing his style of play to help the team and quite frankly to help himself it is Coleman. I cant think of another player that I am more proud of when I see his transformation as a player. He was a guy a month ago who was lousy on defense, a gunner on offense, not really in the team system whatsoever and was at any moment about to be TOTALLY relagated to a "mop up duty" guy and maybe a 5 minute a game guy at best but truthfully looked closer to mop up duty guy only. I didn't agree with it at the time but it was the case. I am a high school football coach and I developed a philosophy with my players last year = "##### Or Battle". In life and in sports things don't go your way and adversity is guaranteed to come, you have two choices on how to deal with the adversity, ##### OR BATTLE, losers ##### and moan, winners Battle. Coleman had two choices = ##### and moan and be buried on the bench or battle his way through it and find ways to help the team and help himself. He has become a good passer, sets up at least one guy a game with an easy layin from his penetration, is getting steals and being very active on defense and is attacking the rim at the appropriate times and finishes at a respectable percentage and is reasonable it seems at the FT line. finding himself a real nice role on this team and that role could expand more and more each week possibly. Good Job Gerard Coleman

titopoet
02-01-2014, 07:53 AM
A dons Central meltdown.

DixieZag
02-01-2014, 07:58 AM
A dons Central meltdown.

I do love it when all four of them go into a crises all at once.

Zagdawg
02-01-2014, 09:43 AM
There are that many posters on their board? I have always thought 3 max......with the multiple personality disorders kicking in brings them to 7 or 8.

bballbeachbum
02-01-2014, 04:03 PM
Kevin needs to channel his inner West Virginia - one of the few true "away" games that I recall him really knocking them down. Bell will likely hit 50% of this 3s - so the question is - will he be 2-4 or 6-12? I want him in the latter.

might get your wish tonight with GBj depending on KP's ability to shake free or not imo; GBj may see more screens for him to shoot 1st option and sooner in the game, we'll see how KP looks and how Few responds

RenoZag
02-01-2014, 05:39 PM
I do love it when all four of them go into a crises all at once.

The one's who thought Rex would ride out the Doolin kerfuffle have been proven right. Walters has his guys playing very well heading into tonight's contest.

ZagaZags
02-01-2014, 05:57 PM
I just hope they win. some specifics would be I hope to see Shem stay out of foul trouble, for KP to rebound from Wednesday's performance, and for KD and GC to play a lot and together with GBj more

I would like to see Bell get the GUnit for the game tonight.
Gerard Coleman to have a big night.
Karnowski make his FTs.
Turn the ball over less than 8 times.
Hit 50+ % from 3

I'm not asking for too much. :)

jbslicer
02-01-2014, 06:03 PM
Rather have Heister and Fox calling the game.

Zag4Hire
02-01-2014, 06:05 PM
The gang playing loose, having fun, no injuries, and a win. Everything else is dusting off the chandelier.

RenoZag
02-01-2014, 08:27 PM

Yes indeed. Any road win is a good win. . .a road win @ USF is just a bit sweeter ! Congrats to the Zags for a successful Bay Area road trip !

Hoopaholic
02-01-2014, 08:27 PM
The gang playing loose, having fun, no injuries, and a win. Everything else is dusting off the chandelier.

2 of 4 ain't bad...got a win and had fun