PDA

View Full Version : Daye projected lottery in 09'

zagfever86
08-28-2007, 05:07 PM
NBAdraft.net has Daye listed at #8 in their projections for the 2009 draft. I know it doesn't mean much now, but kind of intriguing that some people think he's a better NBA prospect than Kyle Singler. Also listed are Heytvelt and Pargo in the 2nd round.

wazZag
08-28-2007, 05:07 PM
That must be a typo, he's not even top 50 on scout.

;)

TexasZagFan
08-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?

ZagNut08
08-28-2007, 05:28 PM
everyone moved up a spot or two

daye #8
heytvelt #33
pargo #37
downs #58

people laughed at me when I said 6 people from this coming years team would be drafted at some point :(

MickMick
08-28-2007, 06:11 PM
everyone moved up a spot or two

daye #8
heytvelt #33
pargo #37
downs #58

people laughed at me when I said 6 people from this coming years team would be drafted at some point :(

I didn't laugh...but I didn't take you seriously either. As of now, the only Zag that has shown me enough on the court to stick on a NBA roster is Josh. Not saying there is not potential elsewhere. I just gotta see it.

MDABE80
08-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Mick.don't laugh. Daye is nearly a can't miss. He's tall, handles well, run VERY well and shoots the lights out from everywhere. I'd put him ahead of Josh when it comes to NBA potential.......and I think Josh has sensational potential.. Wait till you see this kid produce.

zagster318
08-28-2007, 07:34 PM
I think this is probably the last year we see Heytvelt in a GU uniform. No inside info...just a feeling.

GSL-KID
08-28-2007, 07:37 PM
Just to see how these projections work themselves out.

Back in 2000 they were doing all the all-time best players of the century.

So they also projected the all time best players for this upcoming century.

The QB was Michael Vick

So letís not get too far ahead, never know what can happen.

zzzjag
08-28-2007, 07:51 PM
whether he is a super productive player or not as a Zag, I am betting that Will Foster will definetly get the attn of multiple NBA scouts. If Sene gets drafted #10 by the Sonics, anything could happen.

All reports I have heard seem positive for his development and weight gain. I agree with the post that this may be Josh's last season and if so, big Will may (have to) develop even faster.

Foot note....zero inside info, pure speculation

Zagster
08-28-2007, 11:44 PM
Athletically, Josh has the most potential of any player from GU to be a solid NBA player, except for Mr. Stockton. So for, it is only potential, but we have seen his potential last year. Pargo is very close. He needs to be a better finisher and keep developing his outside shot. If they both improve like last year, they both could go into the NBA after next year. I would love to see them in a GU uniform for their senior year. If they stay at GU, that would be way fun to watch. Today, from all reports, Austin just has potential. Downs has the tool. Will is too big to ignore, if he develops.

From an old time Zag, this discussion is still hard to believe. Just enjoying the ride! Thanks Few & Company!!!!

Athletically, Adam will always struggle in the NBA, but he maybe the best Zag ever.

BobZag
08-29-2007, 09:10 AM
I didn't laugh...but I didn't take you seriously either. As of now, the only Zag that has shown me enough on the court to stick on a NBA roster is Josh. Not saying there is not potential elsewhere. I just gotta see it.

Oh you'll see it.

I don't know anything about that site but Josh and Jeremy are 1st-round picks.

Rubbadub
08-29-2007, 09:14 AM
Oh you'll see it.

I agree, about all three of them. Not anyone else as of yet though.

jcarpenter
08-29-2007, 11:26 AM
I think Josh will have a pro career like Paul Davis of Michigan State. He might be a better shot blocker than Nick Fazekas' but I doubt he'll ever shoot as well from outside. Granted, he's a slightly better athlete than they are. There are several better athletes on the Gonzaga team. I'm an old fan too, prior to the Stockton days. In fact, while attending the Air Force Academy, I went to a game when the Falcons hosted the Zags.

Athletically, Josh has the most potential of any player from GU to be a solid NBA player, except for Mr. Stockton. So for, it is only potential, but we have seen his potential last year. Pargo is very close. He needs to be a better finisher and keep developing his outside shot. If they both improve like last year, they both could go into the NBA after next year. I would love to see them in a GU uniform for their senior year. If they stay at GU, that would be way fun to watch. Today, from all reports, Austin just has potential. Downs has the tool. Will is too big to ignore, if he develops.

From an old time Zag, this discussion is still hard to believe. Just enjoying the ride! Thanks Few & Company!!!!

Athletically, Adam will always struggle in the NBA, but he maybe the best Zag ever.

redmanjonc2
08-29-2007, 01:41 PM
I don't think you guys even realize how good Austin is, and how high his upside. . . . . having seen him play for the past 5 years, its exciting to KNOW what he can do. . . .. you should've seen him at UCLA these past two weeks playing with and against guys like Danny Granger, Kevin Garnett, Mike Dunleavy, Baron Davis, etc. . . . . kid is a PLAYA. . . and mentally, he's a pro. . .

wazZag
08-29-2007, 01:47 PM
. .. you should've seen him at UCLA these past two weeks playing with and against guys like Danny Granger, Kevin Garnett, Mike Dunleavy, Baron Davis, etc. . . . . kid is a PLAYA. . . and mentally, he's a pro. . .

Do tell...

LynetteG
08-29-2007, 01:51 PM
I hope he stays for 4 years

former1dog
08-29-2007, 01:54 PM

Second that and replicate for each player. :)

cggonzaga
08-29-2007, 02:06 PM

You can almost kiss those days goodbye. The better player we continue to get, the quicker they'll be trying to leave.

I think Josh will have a pro career like Paul Davis of Michigan State. He might be a better shot blocker than Nick Fazekas' but I doubt he'll ever shoot as well from outside. Granted, he's a slightly better athlete than they are.

I shouldn't really even comment on this but Josh is a way better athlete than either of those players. He can also shoot it better than Fazekas. If Josh can handle the mental part of the NBA, he could have a very productive career.

drnoe
08-29-2007, 02:31 PM
I don't think you guys even realize how good Austin is, and how high his upside. . . . . having seen him play for the past 5 years, its exciting to KNOW what he can do. . . .. you should've seen him at UCLA these past two weeks playing with and against guys like Danny Granger, Kevin Garnett, Mike Dunleavy, Baron Davis, etc. . . . . kid is a PLAYA. . . and mentally, he's a pro. . .

Correct. In HS, he was often complacent due to the lack of talent on his team...some even described him as lazy on defense. Doesn't matter, Austin is one of the most talented players to come out of the LA area the past several years. I saw Paul Pierce play in HS and I was more impressed with Austin. Taylor King got most of the ink in L.A., since he was on a great team and got a ride to Duke. I was more impressed with Austin and I do believe he has far more upside than King. Austin Daye is definitely a "PLAYA."

CDC84
08-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Very few 6-11+ big men at any level of basketball possess Josh's athleticism. Go back to the Texas game when Bouldin threw that halfcourt lob pass to Josh for a slam. That's a play that a 6-5 wing makes...not a 6-11 big man.

If Josh could ever adopt Pendo's competitiveness, mental focus and work ethic, he would be a very special player. Of course I've been saying the same kind of thing since he was in high school.......I'm still waiting. Hopefully this will be the year......

CDC84
08-29-2007, 03:03 PM
Correct. In HS, he was often complacent due to the lack of talent on his team...some even described him as lazy on defense.

The two go hand in hand. What people don't realize is that a lot of HS coaches ask their star player to be lazy on D because they don't want him getting in foul trouble. If Austin landed in any kind of foul trouble against a decent opponent, his team was finished, period. The same can be said for so many talented HS kids. That's why I never really take seriously any comments from analysts about a prep player's defensive issues - especially a guy like Daye who has all the physical tools to become a very good defender. He can block shots - I can tell you that. The rest of it is just mental focus and coaching. He has more talent around him now, and thus, the world isn't going to end if he picks up a couple of fouls and has to sit a bit.

dim4sum
08-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Ah, the hazards of life, both at home and on the road in the NBA.
Josh must know that on a daily basis he will be approached by one or more lowlife with a proposition to enjoy the "high life." Those with strength of character resist these temptations. Numerous others don't. Frankly, life with the Lower Slobovia Tiger Butterflies in Albania isn't that bad and the pay is near parity with the NBA.

deathchina
08-29-2007, 03:22 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/minimum-nba-salary.shtml

NBA pay is pretty good. Once you've got a year of experience, the MINIMUM salary is 687 thousand dollars per year. Average salary is probably around 5 million a year.

MDABE80
08-29-2007, 04:09 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE PLAYERS QUALIFY FOR THE nba PENSION PLAN?

zzzjag
08-29-2007, 06:26 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE PLAYERS QUALIFY FOR THE nba PENSION PLAN?

I found this NBA collective bargaining agreement and it is 241 pages long.

http://www2.bc.edu/~yen/Sports/NBA%20CBA.pdf

I was quickly reminded that the NBA is a BUSINESS. I only scanned this document but would bet the details are inside of it.

TexasZagFan
08-29-2007, 07:32 PM
Oh you'll see it.

Jeremy looks to be the slam dunk 1st rounder. Thanks to his brother, he'll be less wide-eyed than Josh (IMO).