sittingon50
01-26-2014, 12:06 AM
http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=11920539

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=11920469

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=11920145

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=11920079

BTB
01-26-2014, 12:36 AM
Talking about Kaufusi's dirty play being the highlight of their team last year and wishing that they had him on this years team to elbow people in the face. That speaks volumes about SOME of their fans. I guess the bigger the fan base the more ignorant fans there will always be though.

caduceus
01-26-2014, 12:51 AM
http://i.lvme.me/efc5t0h.gif

krozman
01-26-2014, 12:58 AM
that message board style confuses me. Much like BYU thinking they had a chance to win.

Martin Centre Mad Man
01-26-2014, 04:49 AM
Talking about Kaufusi's dirty play being the highlight of their team last year and wishing that they had him on this years team to elbow people in the face. That speaks volumes about SOME of their fans. I guess the bigger the fan base the more ignorant fans there will always be though.

I'm not sure what Kaufasi could do for that team. They are already a physical team that rebounds well. Their front court guys are not exactly afraid of contact and they are far more skilled than that brute.

gu03alum
01-26-2014, 05:53 AM
Some Seahawks fans threw food at Navarro Bowman. I hope people don't assume all Seahawks fans are this way. I think we should give BYU fans the same benefit of the doubt.

Just to make this post even more random I have attached a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-kG4TrwyVo&feature=youtu.be

GoZags
01-26-2014, 06:29 AM
Some Seahawks fans threw food at Navarro Bowman. I hope people don't assume all Seahawks fans are this way. I think we should give BYU fans the same benefit of the doubt.

Just to make this post even more random I have attached a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-kG4TrwyVo&feature=youtu.be

20 kernels of popcorn fell out of a 49er fan's cup as he was leaning over the rail to wish Bowman well. The kernels fell near, but not on Navarro Bowman. But feel free to stick with the meme that Hawk fans threw "food" at the injured player. After all, that's what the first tweet (retweeted thousands of times ) said.

ZagLawGrad
01-26-2014, 08:43 AM
Thanks Sitting. You are one of the few I know with enough patience to work your way through that mess of a board.

Birddog
01-26-2014, 08:51 AM
Those snippets are priceless!

gu03alum
01-26-2014, 08:55 AM
20 kernels of popcorn fell out of a 49er fan's cup as he was leaning over the rail to wish Bowman well. The kernels fell near, but not on Navarro Bowman. But feel free to stick with the meme that Hawk fans threw "food" at the injured player. After all, that's what the first tweet (retweeted thousands of times ) said.

I stand corrected. As a Hawks fan, I'm glad that was what really happened.

DixieZag
01-26-2014, 09:07 AM
Their board is worse than Don central, if for no other reason than there is simply more of it.

Let's see, whiny, sexist, self-righteous, and condescending - - just in those posts, especially loved the "Haws chin was blocking the elbows of . . . "

Yesterday, one of them wrote (and many agreed) that joining the WCC was the worst move ever made b/c BYU never used to lose to New Mexico, SDSU, UNLV and those games were fun. Now, in the WCC (and this is a direct quote) "there's nothing to play for" blaming our league for their inability to play for the tournament.

gamagin
01-26-2014, 09:17 AM
+1

Those snippets are priceless!

23dpg
01-26-2014, 09:21 AM
This is from Loyal Cougars:

Seriously, how many years has David Stockton been at Gonzaga? I think he may be like the Dread Pirate Roberts — when he’s finally ready to move on, he leaves Spokane and retires while some other 5-foot-11 white kid puts on his jersey and takes on the mantle of David Stockton. The old one hangs around as a graduate assistant, calling the new David Stockton “David Stockton,” which tricks Mark Few and the rest of the program. Someone investigate this.

ZagnetitForce
01-26-2014, 09:30 AM

Seriously, how many years has David Stockton been at Gonzaga? I think he may be like the Dread Pirate Roberts — when he’s finally ready to move on, he leaves Spokane and retires while some other 5-foot-11 white kid puts on his jersey and takes on the mantle of David Stockton. The old one hangs around as a graduate assistant, calling the new David Stockton “David Stockton,” which tricks Mark Few and the rest of the program. Someone investigate this.

HA! That is classic. Any time The Princess Bride is referenced I'm all for it. Now stop that rhyming and I mean it...anybody want a peanut.

DixieZag
01-26-2014, 09:39 AM
Here is another level of arrogance, it simply can't be that the WCC is better than they thought - - and it's all about gym size.

It would be worse in the MWC
(posted from a mobile device)

We can't win in high school gyms where we have more fans. It would be worse in that league.

Big part of the issue is our lousy bigs....esp on defense. That is why our perimeter guts have to help so much even against bigs that aren't good. See Vande Mars. Leaves wide open threes

When the guards didn't crash to the post Dower and company got two foot shots because they pushed our bigs so far in the paint

gamagin
01-26-2014, 09:59 AM
+1

LOVE this. Classic. In a way, he's right about guard U. Great find & post. Tnx

exclusivelee
01-26-2014, 10:32 AM
Yesterday, one of them wrote (and many agreed) that joining the WCC was the worst move ever made b/c BYU never used to lose to New Mexico, SDSU, UNLV and those games were fun. Now, in the WCC (and this is a direct quote) "there's nothing to play for" blaming our league for their inability to play for the tournament.

Becuase BYU is so good at winning a conference tournament. I know Dave Rose has a huge goose egg in that category. How about BYU as a whole? When was the last time they won one?

exclusivelee
01-26-2014, 10:41 AM
Maybe BYU would fare better in the SWAC. Grambling may just dismantle them

MDABE80
01-26-2014, 11:50 AM
Disappointment must be HUGE for the BYU fans considering all the hype from the beginning of the season. Such talent providing average results.

Zag79
01-26-2014, 01:31 PM
Says the same fan base who was supposed to come in and dominate the poor little WCC, try finishing better than 3rd for once... Baby steps!

Zags11
01-26-2014, 01:38 PM
Go hawks. Go zags. Next yr byu. Next yr.

BTB
01-26-2014, 04:40 PM
Here's a real gem:

Tisn't that hard to spit it out. Why make excuses.
Put 9 boxers in the ring with a basketball player and
eventually the basketball player is going to get worn down
and beat up. I wonder if Mika expected to face less talented,
but more aggressive and clumsy players in college than he faced in High
School.

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=11921437

Birddog
01-26-2014, 05:09 PM
That is just nuts!

MTZag03
01-26-2014, 05:39 PM
Quote Originally Posted by monsterdave View Post
Tisn't that hard to spit it out. Why make excuses.
Put 9 boxers in the ring with a basketball player and
eventually the basketball player is going to get worn down
and beat up. I wonder if Mika expected to face less talented,
but more aggressive and clumsy players in college than he faced in High
School.

That guys quote started with how the WCC is a hockey league instead of basketball. My goodness I wish that were the case. Imagine if the WCC allowed that play. Elias would have averaged like 25 points and 15 rebounds. The reality is that there were some bad calls in that game both ways, just like every other game, but nothing to cry conspiracy about. Every time Karno got too aggressive and had too much contact he was called for a foul. On to the next game.

BTB
01-26-2014, 07:14 PM
That guys quote started with how the WCC is a hockey league instead of basketball. My goodness I wish that were the case. Imagine if the WCC allowed that play. Elias would have averaged like 25 points and 15 rebounds. The reality is that there were some bad calls in that game both ways, just like every other game, but nothing to cry conspiracy about. Every time Karno got too aggressive and had too much contact he was called for a foul. On to the next game.

Ironically, BYU leads the nation in free throws attempted.

kitzbuel
01-26-2014, 09:18 PM
One thing I see is how big an advantage UNLV had with the MWC tournament in its own gym every year. It was very tough for BYU to get through that tourney and obviously prevented them from having greater success in the MWC.

GU knows how tough that can be with CA owning the WCC tournament for so many years. It was brutal on GU facing that same road environment, yet digging out those seven Championships down in CA.

TexasZagFan
01-27-2014, 02:05 AM
Go hawks. Go zags. Next yr byu. Next yr.

:lmao:

Zags could be top 10 team next year...but don't tell byu.

NumberCruncher
01-27-2014, 11:05 AM
Some statements are so ridiculous that the best thing to do is have fun with them.

Let's find the best ways to finish this sentence:

Put 9 boxers in the ring with a basketball player and...

I'll start.

...the basketball player will be the tallest.

...the basketball player will be wearing the longest shorts.

...the basketball player will jump out of the building.

kitzbuel
01-27-2014, 01:11 PM

...the basketball player will get hit below the belt a lot.

former1dog
01-27-2014, 01:14 PM

They'll be 9 short of a good basketball game breaking out?

Now, put 9 wrestlers out there and you'll have one helluva an entertaining Rugby match!

HillBillyZag
01-27-2014, 01:59 PM
I can imagine myself at a Gonzaga vs. Denver?, North Dakota?, or Michigan Tech?, Collegiate Hockey game, 2-1 Zags in the last period, G.U. has a defender in the Penalty box for another 20 secs, they are coming at us with a power play, and the crowd is going crazy! I have heard from a good source that if the Spokane Chiefs owner and fans would not go ballistic?, major college hockey at G.U. might have been looked at seriously?

maynard g krebs
01-27-2014, 02:04 PM
Put 9 boxers in a ring with a basketball player, and Kaufusi will, one by one, throw all the boxers into the turnbuckle, pick them off the canvas and body slam them, hit them over the head with a folding chair while they are on the mat, and toss them over the top rope onto the concrete.

The irony of this coming from a BYU fan is unfathomable.

DixieZag
01-27-2014, 03:51 PM
This long a thread and no one has mentioned the fact that "Jimmer" is still mentioned over and over. . .

One such thread that I saw yesterday,

"Was Jimmer bad for BYU basketball?"

Dunno, but he was the worst thing that could happen to the board.

gonzagafan62
01-28-2014, 04:25 AM
I find it funny that so many BYU fans were thinking this was a cupcake conference and that they would roll over GU.

Birddog
01-28-2014, 04:45 AM
I find it funny that so many BYU fans were thinking this was a cupcake conference and that they would roll over GU.
They can't even roll over the other teams. Their fans have a real sence of entitlement if you asked me, not that several on this board don't have one as well.

TexasZagFan
01-28-2014, 05:54 AM
They can't even roll over the other teams. Their fans have a real sence of entitlement if you asked me, not that several on this board don't have one as well.

It's driving them crazy that they're only 5-4 halfway through the WCC season. IMO, that's not too bad, considering six of the nine games have been played on the road. I still think that 14-4 gets you the #1 seed for the tournament, i.e. win your home games and lose 4 on the road. I expected to win at Portland, but the Pilots are holding serve for the most part.

GoZags
01-28-2014, 05:59 AM
It's driving them crazy that they're only 5-4 halfway through the WCC season. IMO, that's not too bad, considering six of the nine games have been played on the road. I still think that 14-4 gets you the #1 seed for the tournament, i.e. win your home games and lose 4 on the road. I expected to win at Portland, but the Pilots are holding serve for the most part.

So you're predicting the Zags go no better than 6-3 the rest of the conference season? I'm thinking they'll do better than that .... with Sam and Gary back in the fold.

MTZag03
01-28-2014, 06:08 AM
I could definitely see us dropping three on the road unless kevin can start hitting his shots outside of the kennel. There are too many talented hungry teams. The key for us to stay alive on the road will probably be defense.

TexasZagFan
01-28-2014, 08:42 AM
So you're predicting the Zags go no better than 6-3 the rest of the conference season? I'm thinking they'll do better than that .... with Sam and Gary back in the fold.

We still have to play SMC and BYU on the road, and we seem to be snakebitten in the city by the Bay.

gonzagafan62
01-28-2014, 08:45 AM
We still have to play SMC and BYU on the road, and we seem to be snakebitten in the city by the Bay.

Not only that, but San Diego won't be easy on the road either.

Zagdawg
01-28-2014, 09:01 AM
Good read--but may have been shared already.

http://www.heraldextra.com/sports/college/byu/basketball/men/cougs-not-crazy-about-unbalanced-wcc-schedule-but-at-least/article_1b8985b6-8767-11e3-bf64-001a4bcf887a.html

Mika talking about the Kennel.

"Mika said he appreciated a true road-court atmosphere at MAC, compared to most WCC locales that are 50-50 crowds considering the lack of local interest in the home team plus BYU's large fan base."

"It was weird coming out of the tunnel and getting booed, instead of louder cheers for us," Mika said, cracking a smile."

sittingon50
01-28-2014, 10:07 AM
Booed? A bit, but nowhere close to what teams have gotten in the past.

former1dog
01-28-2014, 10:12 AM
Just found a good photo of Mika on the internets

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgQq9p7DypXWGfBb5T6lmhUFHUbHSe3 CAEsK9qSrrvgZKztj-_

former1dog
01-28-2014, 10:13 AM
Found another

http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/TOP-GUN-ICEMAN1.jpg

He sure likes to have his picture taken with his shirt off?