X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BTB
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Nov 2012

Talking about Kaufusi's dirty play being the highlight of their team last year and wishing that they had him on this years team to elbow people in the face. That speaks volumes about SOME of their fans. I guess the bigger the fan base the more ignorant fans there will always be though.

Comment

• caduceus
      Zag for Life
      • Mar 2007

Comment

• krozman
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2008

that message board style confuses me. Much like BYU thinking they had a chance to win.
        Krozman
        GU student 1996-2000
        Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
          Administrator
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by BTB View Post
          Talking about Kaufusi's dirty play being the highlight of their team last year and wishing that they had him on this years team to elbow people in the face. That speaks volumes about SOME of their fans. I guess the bigger the fan base the more ignorant fans there will always be though.
          I'm not sure what Kaufasi could do for that team. They are already a physical team that rebounds well. Their front court guys are not exactly afraid of contact and they are far more skilled than that brute.
          “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• gu03alum
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Some Seahawks fans threw food at Navarro Bowman. I hope people don't assume all Seahawks fans are this way. I think we should give BYU fans the same benefit of the doubt.

Just to make this post even more random I have attached a video.

Bring back the OCC

Comment

• GoZags
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gu03alum View Post
              Some Seahawks fans threw food at Navarro Bowman. I hope people don't assume all Seahawks fans are this way. I think we should give BYU fans the same benefit of the doubt.

Just to make this post even more random I have attached a video.

20 kernels of popcorn fell out of a 49er fan's cup as he was leaning over the rail to wish Bowman well. The kernels fell near, but not on Navarro Bowman. But feel free to stick with the meme that Hawk fans threw "food" at the injured player. After all, that's what the first tweet (retweeted thousands of times ) said.
              sigpic
              “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
              ——-
              List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
              Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2008

Thanks Sitting. You are one of the few I know with enough patience to work your way through that mess of a board.
                "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• Birddog
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Those snippets are priceless!
                  Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                  Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                  All mimsy were the borogoves,
                  And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• gu03alum
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                    20 kernels of popcorn fell out of a 49er fan's cup as he was leaning over the rail to wish Bowman well. The kernels fell near, but not on Navarro Bowman. But feel free to stick with the meme that Hawk fans threw "food" at the injured player. After all, that's what the first tweet (retweeted thousands of times ) said.
                    I stand corrected. As a Hawks fan, I'm glad that was what really happened.
                    Bring back the OCC

Comment

• DZ
                      Zag for Life
                      • Sep 2007

Their board is worse than Don central, if for no other reason than there is simply more of it.

Let's see, whiny, sexist, self-righteous, and condescending - - just in those posts, especially loved the "Haws chin was blocking the elbows of . . . "

Yesterday, one of them wrote (and many agreed) that joining the WCC was the worst move ever made b/c BYU never used to lose to New Mexico, SDSU, UNLV and those games were fun. Now, in the WCC (and this is a direct quote) "there's nothing to play for" blaming our league for their inability to play for the tournament.
                      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                      Mark Twain.

Comment

• gamagin
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

+1

Originally posted by Birddog View Post
                        Those snippets are priceless!
                        Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                        Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                        Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• 23dpg
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

This is from Loyal Cougars:

Seriously, how many years has David Stockton been at Gonzaga? I think he may be like the Dread Pirate Roberts — when he’s finally ready to move on, he leaves Spokane and retires while some other 5-foot-11 white kid puts on his jersey and takes on the mantle of David Stockton. The old one hangs around as a graduate assistant, calling the new David Stockton “David Stockton,” which tricks Mark Few and the rest of the program. Someone investigate this.
                          Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• ZagnetitForce
                            Kennel Club
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
                            This is from Loyal Cougars:

Seriously, how many years has David Stockton been at Gonzaga? I think he may be like the Dread Pirate Roberts — when he’s finally ready to move on, he leaves Spokane and retires while some other 5-foot-11 white kid puts on his jersey and takes on the mantle of David Stockton. The old one hangs around as a graduate assistant, calling the new David Stockton “David Stockton,” which tricks Mark Few and the rest of the program. Someone investigate this.
                            HA! That is classic. Any time The Princess Bride is referenced I'm all for it. Now stop that rhyming and I mean it...anybody want a peanut.

Comment

• DZ
                              Zag for Life
                              • Sep 2007

Here is another level of arrogance, it simply can't be that the WCC is better than they thought - - and it's all about gym size.

It would be worse in the MWC
                              (posted from a mobile device)

We can't win in high school gyms where we have more fans. It would be worse in that league.

Big part of the issue is our lousy bigs....esp on defense. That is why our perimeter guts have to help so much even against bigs that aren't good. See Vande Mars. Leaves wide open threes

When the guards didn't crash to the post Dower and company got two foot shots because they pushed our bigs so far in the paint
                              Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                              Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X