PDA

View Full Version : Post game thoughts after the San Diego game

Reborn
01-24-2014, 07:29 AM
First! Congratulations to the Zags for a very, very tough win.
Second! Congrats to Bill Grier and SDU for a very good battle. It was a nail biter. San Diego has played a lot of games like that this year. I'm sure it's very frustrating for Grier and everyone on that team. It was nice seeing Chris Sarbaugh play. I thought he did quite well. I sure remember his at Gonzaga Prep when they won the state championship. He has always been a very good defensive player and he showed he still has it last night. And I believe he's 6' 4".

Gonzaga had just enough to win. Dranginis was Mike Hart and more last night. I loved his game. I can hardly wait until he really gets confident on offense. He's becoming one of our best offensive players. Dower and PK both had good games too. It was good seeing Gary play again. I'm glad he was ready because he's the only one we had who could slow down Johnny Dee, and he hit that big 3 pointer in the second half. The one he missed was right on target but just wouldn't go down. I also love Pangos toughness and desire to win. His winning basket was just an awesome shot. He scored on the best shot blocker in the WCC.

This wasn't the game we hoped to see, but San Diego is a good team this year. Their record does not indicate it though. As I said in my prediction thread, most of their losses were 4 pts and under. I was just grateful the Zags won. I certainly had my doubts. The Zags' D was outstanding, and Few got Stockton out of the game just in time. Bell came back into the game and shut down Johhny Dee the rest of the way.

It was fantastic to see Few on fire last night. I hope we continue to see that passion. The team needs it.

I am thinking about CDC's post a month or so ago when he was talking about the injured Zags. He believed that most of the games will be a grind. In part, some certainly have been. I've said all along that the WCC is tough this year and it is. IMO, there are no easy games. NONE. Just ask BYU and Gonzaga. Portland is really playing great basketball right now.

ON to the next game with BYU.

Go Zags!!!

LongIslandZagFan
01-24-2014, 07:35 AM
Billy knows the system better than anyone. Not a shock that he knew how to play it defensively. Props to USD.

BTW was it only me that kept hoping to see Dee's streak end every time he went to the line. Not because I don't like the guy... actually respect him a ton... just the build up of tension each time thinking the announcers would jinx it. :D

exclusivelee
01-24-2014, 08:23 AM
Barham taking 0 shots after being so hot from 3 lately

Shem looked kinda lazy. Unless the ball came right at him, he wouldn't try to rebound it... but he was just about the only Zag who could make a shot in the last 10 min

Sam looked great but for some reason we quit passing him the ball down the stretch after he scored his 18th point

Draino was a warrior. He shot the ball more than normal and made most of them. Huge rebounding efforts down the stretch, 4 assists, 1 blk, and his lone turnover was the result of a jumpball after he made a hustle play

Reborn
01-24-2014, 08:36 AM
Billy knows the system better than anyone. Not a shock that he knew how to play it defensively. Props to USD.

BTW was it only me that kept hoping to see Dee's streak end every time he went to the line. Not because I don't like the guy... actually respect him a ton... just the build up of tension each time thinking the announcers would jinx it. :D

Great point LIZF

Zags11
01-24-2014, 08:38 AM
It was uggggly. Im just happy we won. A W is a W. Sam was killing it.

ZagLawGrad
01-24-2014, 09:34 AM
Game confirmed again that Zags have issues. Team is not of the quality of the past several years.

Zagger
01-24-2014, 09:43 AM
It was uggggly. Im just happy we won. A W is a W. Sam was killing it.

It definitely was not pretty. Scores in the 50s ..... I'm confused. Guess that's college BB! My main feeling after the game was that the Zags just did not seem to have much synergy. It was good to see a steady improvement on D.

gonzagafan62
01-24-2014, 09:45 AM
It definitely was not pretty. Scores in the 50s ..... I'm confused. Guess that's college BB! My main feeling after the game was that the Zags just did not seem to have much synergy. It was good to see a steady improvement on D.

Right you are. It was good to see us get a win against a scrappy opponent, though. I was really confused on why there wasn't more fouls called, but Ill take the win. I am very happy that our boys played just well enough to win. We better bring our A game, Saturday though. We got a big day ahead of us for National Gonzaga day.

Kiddwell
01-24-2014, 10:03 AM
(1) In BIG Games, CLOSE Games, the following players should be getting 90% - 95% of available PT: :enraged:
*Pangos
*Bell
*Dranginis
*Dower
*Karnowski
*Barham
*Coleman

(2) This should be the team's mindset for EVERY contest: :boxing:

(3) When a particular lineup is working, keep those guys on the floor, HOT-DARN IT! :argh:

(4) Stop subbing for subbing's sake, HOT-DARN IT! :argh:

:[

Reborn
01-24-2014, 12:20 PM
I watched the game again. Zags overall played good. It was a slowed down game. A five point lead is like a 8-10 in a normal game. Zags kept a six, seven point lead most of the game until Dee Scored Six straight off Stockton with six minutes to go in game. Few brought him in to replace Bell. I have one question, Why would Few let Stockton guard Dee? Their best scorer vs our worst defender. I understand taking Bell out, but we had Dranginis in their who imo guarded him better then anyone on the team. Kyle had him the first half and I think Dee had like 7 and I think he got one basket off Drangis. Few then took David out and Bell shut Dee down the rest of the game. I will say though that this game was not Gary's best on Defense. He made a number of mistakes. I also feel PK played poorly on defense. I think he is still sick. He looked so tired on defense. He was good on offense however with his sweet hooks.

I sure do NOT like Gary's offensive game. He's a great 3 pt shooter but when he attacks the basket he fades away on his shot. This is one reason he never goes to the line. He doesn't attack the rim like Coleman at all. IMO it's always been a weakness of his game.

Gonzaga shot a decent % considering Stockton was 1-5. If he had made one more shot the Zags would have shot 50% and hif he had made two more they would have shot 52%. After Dee scored 6 straight off Stockton and got SDUU down by two at about the 6:30 mark, Dee was shut out the rest of the game by Bell. And in fact San Diego scored on a up and under move by their center to tie the game at 55 with 5:50 in the game, and in those last 6 minutes San Diego only got one more basket, a free throw by Anderson. Defense was the key.

gamagin
01-24-2014, 01:13 PM
keep digging

I watched the game again. Zags overall played good. It was a slowed down game. A five point lead is like a 8-10 in a normal game. Zags kept a six, seven point lead most of the game until Dee Scored Six straight off Stockton with six minutes to go in game. Few brought him in to replace Bell. I have one question, Why would Few let Stockton guard Dee? Their best scorer vs our worst defender. I understand taking Bell out, but we had Dranginis in their who imo guarded him better then anyone on the team. Kyle had him the first half and I think Dee had like 7 and I think he got one basket off Drangis. Few then took David out and Bell shut Dee down the rest of the game. I will say though that this game was not Gary's best on Defense. He made a number of mistakes. I also feel PK played poorly on defense. I think he is still sick. He looked so tired on defense. He was good on offense however with his sweet hooks.

I sure do NOT like Gary's offensive game. He's a great 3 pt shooter but when he attacks the basket he fades away on his shot. This is one reason he never goes to the line. He doesn't attack the rim like Coleman at all. IMO it's always been a weakness of his game.

Gonzaga shot a decent % considering Stockton was 1-5. If he had made one more shot the Zags would have shot 50% and hif he had made two more they would have shot 52%. After Dee scored 6 straight off Stockton and got SDUU down by two at about the 6:30 mark, Dee was shut out the rest of the game by Bell. And in fact San Diego scored on a up and under move by their center to tie the game at 55 with 5:50 in the game, and in those last 6 minutes San Diego only got one more basket, a free throw by Anderson. Defense was the key.

Stocks rimmed three & made one. He also fouled three and probably was guilty of two. I felt sorry his rim shots didn't drop. at least half of them.

Donny Daniels, however, didn't blame him. He offered a macro view, instead. One that makes more sense than you ever have.

He came on radio post game and said, essentially the problem was the shooters didn't/wouldn't shoot. That made sense to me from my seat. DB never got a shot off, as most of us know.

What I saw happen was USD played a great game, for starters. Billy knows how to play us, get into Few's head and try to get into some of the Zags, too. Whatever it takes.

They pushed everyone to the wall m/m and everyone pretty much had a less than sterling night. It worked. Almost to perfection. Under the basket was simply an amazing effort. hardly any fouls called. Congrats to Billy's plan and some lousy ref calls, too, for that, imo.

I learned from GB & Daniels that DS was sent in because GBj was winded. The healthy guy goes in and aids the guy trying to recoup. You make it sound like a flaw. He'd already pulled his shift, including getting the damned ball back when he had dished it to a number of shooters to shoot. They sent it back.

In defense of many situations, USD and Billy knew who was supposed to get the ball and who was supposed to be shooting and covered them magnificently. Everyone knows everyone is going to sag on DS as well, so he, too, should be ready to shoot. and he is. Or at least he is willing. He missed 3 and made one. At best, and historically, he should get about 7-9 points in this type of situation. He got 3.

There are what, 30 or so points still unaccounted for if you just take our normal average game score ? And there are 20 points someone lazily let Dee have, if your logic holds.

I think Dee got 26 because he was hot. Because he was lucky, too, but he was in there trying for 38 minutes and he carried the team on his back doing it. He rose to the occasion and Billy turned an excellent game plan in the process.

So your back of the hand, for the umpteenth time, to DS, seems wrong and basically mean spirited on its face. But I don't think you are mean spirited. I don't think you know how to watch a whole game for the whole story. Thus you seem to pin it down to a lesser phenomena and plant your particular brand of steak in and consider it done. It's not.

It's a lot more complex than that. It's about match ups, too. and a lot of things. If coleman wasn't barfing he would have gotten a shot at Dee, too, for e.g. We're learning how important turf toe can be with KP. We're learning that PK needs to get his back up more often when being shoved around, or actually landing on the floor. So on and so forth.

I learned GBj came on the same show and said he was feeling pretty good but ran out of gas a couple of times and needed to sit down. So guys came in off the bench and gave it their best.

Refreshed, he returned, as you say, and dogged Dee very successfully. Makes me wonder why KP doesn't get a blow, too, for his toe or to just have a minute to think without someone's bad breath in his face.

The point being nobody was up to handling Dee for a whole game. GBj is our best guy this time in any event and he did his job. To manage to try and turn this into a take away from DS, including, I assume the 3 pt foul call (half of the six you mention) is borderline bullsh!t, too. Frankly, your assessments are looking less and less like what happens on the floor. And I am sitting there and here trying to say, is that what happened ? My answer is no, it's not. It's a poor facsimile.

re six points vs stocks, just to press your point (not mine) I believe three of those points were after the arguably worst foul call of the year, so far. It's discussed elsewhere on the post game threads. It was certainly the worst of the game as I watched it.

In fairness to your analysis and to the team, if you are counting failures, I think everyone except GB managed to reel Dee in. It took a rest and return while Dee was handed at least three different guys to try and stop, if not discourage, him. And our guy needed to rest for a while between stints. All fair. all good. But hardly fair to say the circumstances were such that one Zag was failing miserably until another Zag came in and saved the day.

The team saved the day and the team always does. It also loses for a number of reasons. As a former player, I would think you would understand that better. Trying, wittingly or unwittingly, to steer the story around as if no one else was watching doesn't make much sense. Neither do you on this one, imo.

Reborn
01-24-2014, 01:53 PM
ATTN to any Moderator or Administrator....Why do you let a post like this on this board. I read the rules recently which was suggested, and it clearly states that bloggers should avoid personal attacks on any other fan posting on this board. I do not appreciate these attacks on my character. Here is one of his attacks, "So your back of the hand, for the umpteenth time, to DS, seems wrong and basically mean spirited on its face. But I don't think you are mean spirited. I don't think you know how to watch a whole game for the whole story. Thus you seem to pin it down to a lesser phenomena and plant your particular brand of steak in and consider it done. It's not. " I am not mean spirited. Ask anyone who knows me, and my kids who read this board are getting sick of Gamagin and his attacks. Also I have no "back of the hand" assault on David, and you know it. Why can't I criticize him on this board? Here is another, "As a former player, I would think you would understand that better. Trying, wittingly or unwittingly, to steer the story around as if no one else was watching doesn't make much sense. Neither do you on this one, imo." Again, imo, attacking my character. Why do you guys let this kind of a post on this board. Do you think its necessary to understand the game? this, and other posts by Gamagin and others, as you should be able to see, has nothing to do with the game but is all about me. It's an attack on me as someone blogging here, and it's an attack on me as a player and coach. Last week, or maybe just a few days ago, YOU TOOK OUT A NUMBER OF POSTS ON A THREAD WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN DELETED TWO DAYS EARLIER. I DO NOT WANT TO GET INTO ANOTHER ARGUMENT WITH GAMAGIN OR OTHER FANS WHO POST HERE. BUT I AM GETTING TIRED OF THIS KIND OF ATTACK.

Please remove his post. thank you

caduceus
01-24-2014, 02:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/aVk2yZu.gif

former1dog
01-24-2014, 02:13 PM
Reborn,

I agree with your point generally. Although I didn't think these specific comments by Gamagin are particularly "attacking", I'm sure you're sensitive to it due to previous and prolific occurrences from him. I agree, he needs to knock it off as a growing number of board members are realizing and expressing here in public and also in private.

If you're so sensitive to the opinions of others about basketball (!!) that you go around constantly berating those whose opinions differ, then you need to take a step back and realize where you are. This is a basketball message board. Its sole purpose is to discuss our basketball team. Whereas I agree that any personal attacks on these young men is out of bounds, critiquing what they do on the basketball court is the purpose of the board.

Remember, we're talking about basketball!! Not thermo nuclear war.

Best to all and keep it clean, even if I don't.

23dpg
01-24-2014, 02:33 PM
Back on topic:

Does anyone know…….When Sarbaugh left Gonzaga, did they force him to cut his Zag hair?

jazzdelmar
01-24-2014, 02:37 PM
ATTN to any Moderator or Administrator....Why do you let a post like this on this board. I read the rules recently which was suggested, and it clearly states that bloggers should avoid personal attacks on any other fan posting on this board. I do not appreciate these attacks on my character. Here is one of his attacks, "So your back of the hand, for the umpteenth time, to DS, seems wrong and basically mean spirited on its face. But I don't think you are mean spirited. I don't think you know how to watch a whole game for the whole story. Thus you seem to pin it down to a lesser phenomena and plant your particular brand of steak in and consider it done. It's not. " I am not mean spirited. Ask anyone who knows me, and my kids who read this board are getting sick of Gamagin and his attacks. Also I have no "back of the hand" assault on David, and you know it. Why can't I criticize him on this board? Here is another, "As a former player, I would think you would understand that better. Trying, wittingly or unwittingly, to steer the story around as if no one else was watching doesn't make much sense. Neither do you on this one, imo." Again, imo, attacking my character. Why do you guys let this kind of a post on this board. Do you think its necessary to understand the game? this, and other posts by Gamagin and others, as you should be able to see, has nothing to do with the game but is all about me. It's an attack on me as someone blogging here, and it's an attack on me as a player and coach. Last week, or maybe just a few days ago, YOU TOOK OUT A NUMBER OF POSTS ON A THREAD WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN DELETED TWO DAYS EARLIER. I DO NOT WANT TO GET INTO ANOTHER ARGUMENT WITH GAMAGIN OR OTHER FANS WHO POST HERE. BUT I AM GETTING TIRED OF THIS KIND OF ATTACK.

Please remove his post. thank you

I totally empathize with you, Born. As some of the leaders of this board know, I have withdrawn from posting because of the volley of personal attacks that greets just about anything I say. Some will argue I brought this on myself. They have a point .. I only post this since your PM is full. The attacks you cite have become knee jerk reactions more than reasoned and passionate replies. Too bad, but it seems like your choice is to withstand the vermin or like me withdraw. Good luck.

bigblahla
01-24-2014, 04:02 PM
keep digging

Stocks rimmed three & made one. He also fouled three and probably was guilty of two. I felt sorry his rim shots didn't drop. at least half of them.

Donny Daniels, however, didn't blame him. He offered a macro view, instead. One that makes more sense than you ever have.

He came on radio post game and said, essentially the problem was the shooters didn't/wouldn't shoot. That made sense to me from my seat. DB never got a shot off, as most of us know.

What I saw happen was USD played a great game, for starters. Billy knows how to play us, get into Few's head and try to get into some of the Zags, too. Whatever it takes.

They pushed everyone to the wall m/m and everyone pretty much had a less than sterling night. It worked. Almost to perfection. Under the basket was simply an amazing effort. hardly any fouls called. Congrats to Billy's plan and some lousy ref calls, too, for that, imo.

I learned from GB & Daniels that DS was sent in because GBj was winded. The healthy guy goes in and aids the guy trying to recoup. You make it sound like a flaw. He'd already pulled his shift, including getting the damned ball back when he had dished it to a number of shooters to shoot. They sent it back.

In defense of many situations, USD and Billy knew who was supposed to get the ball and who was supposed to be shooting and covered them magnificently. Everyone knows everyone is going to sag on DS as well, so he, too, should be ready to shoot. and he is. Or at least he is willing. He missed 3 and made one. At best, and historically, he should get about 7-9 points in this type of situation. He got 3.

There are what, 30 or so points still unaccounted for if you just take our normal average game score ? And there are 20 points someone lazily let Dee have, if your logic holds.

I think Dee got 26 because he was hot. Because he was lucky, too, but he was in there trying for 38 minutes and he carried the team on his back doing it. He rose to the occasion and Billy turned an excellent game plan in the process.

So your back of the hand, for the umpteenth time, to DS, seems wrong and basically mean spirited on its face. But I don't think you are mean spirited. I don't think you know how to watch a whole game for the whole story. Thus you seem to pin it down to a lesser phenomena and plant your particular brand of steak in and consider it done. It's not.

It's a lot more complex than that. It's about match ups, too. and a lot of things. If coleman wasn't barfing he would have gotten a shot at Dee, too, for e.g. We're learning how important turf toe can be with KP. We're learning that PK needs to get his back up more often when being shoved around, or actually landing on the floor. So on and so forth.

I learned GBj came on the same show and said he was feeling pretty good but ran out of gas a couple of times and needed to sit down. So guys came in off the bench and gave it their best.

Refreshed, he returned, as you say, and dogged Dee very successfully. Makes me wonder why KP doesn't get a blow, too, for his toe or to just have a minute to think without someone's bad breath in his face.

The point being nobody was up to handling Dee for a whole game. GBj is our best guy this time in any event and he did his job. To manage to try and turn this into a take away from DS, including, I assume the 3 pt foul call (half of the six you mention) is borderline bullsh!t, too. Frankly, your assessments are looking less and less like what happens on the floor. And I am sitting there and here trying to say, is that what happened ? My answer is no, it's not. It's a poor facsimile.

re six points vs stocks, just to press your point (not mine) I believe three of those points were after the arguably worst foul call of the year, so far. It's discussed elsewhere on the post game threads. It was certainly the worst of the game as I watched it.

In fairness to your analysis and to the team, if you are counting failures, I think everyone except GB managed to reel Dee in. It took a rest and return while Dee was handed at least three different guys to try and stop, if not discourage, him. And our guy needed to rest for a while between stints. All fair. all good. But hardly fair to say the circumstances were such that one Zag was failing miserably until another Zag came in and saved the day.

The team saved the day and the team always does. It also loses for a number of reasons. As a former player, I would think you would understand that better. Trying, wittingly or unwittingly, to steer the story around as if no one else was watching doesn't make much sense. Neither do you on this one, imo.

Well written, Thanks.

Go!" Zags!!!

wnczagfan
01-24-2014, 04:15 PM
Your post is my favorite, Caduceus! Haha

Reborn
01-24-2014, 05:40 PM
I totally empathize with you, Born. As some of the leaders of this board know, I have withdrawn from posting because of the volley of personal attacks that greets just about anything I say. Some will argue I brought this on myself. They have a point .. I only post this since your PM is full. The attacks you cite have become knee jerk reactions more than reasoned and passionate replies. Too bad, but it seems like your choice is to withstand the vermin or like me withdraw. Good luck.

I am sorry that you have withdrawn from posting. I knew something was wrong. I thought maybe that you were sent into exile. About a year after I first joined GUBoards, when it was on Scout.com I think, I was exiled for a time too, but was let back on as I came in with a different name. I used to be rebornzag, but he was sent to syberia....lol I know a lot of people like you just as they do me. But Im not sure how many are even here on this board. I believe these guys would love it if I left, and as you can see who they are (and there are a few more). What is weird is that I asked the mods to take Gamagins post off but they didn't, as you can see. I will continue to post what I believe in. I will not let this little group of immature men who think they would like to control this board run me off. They are little men, who need to attack others to feel big. I wish you would not let them run you off. Just try to remember who you are. I know it's not about me or you. It's about them. They need to do this in order to feel powerful because they are so weak. Weak people can actually get away with appearing strong and powerful on internet web sited....I don't expect this site to be around much longer. It's become a very trashy board. I will try to clear my mail box but I did that not long ago....mmmmmmmm

Reborn
01-24-2014, 05:56 PM
Reborn,

I agree with your point generally. Although I didn't think these specific comments by Gamagin are particularly "attacking", I'm sure you're sensitive to it due to previous and prolific occurrences from him. I agree, he needs to knock it off as a growing number of board members are realizing and expressing here in public and also in private.

If you're so sensitive to the opinions of others about basketball (!!) that you go around constantly berating those whose opinions differ, then you need to take a step back and realize where you are. This is a basketball message board. Its sole purpose is to discuss our basketball team. Whereas I agree that any personal attacks on these young men is out of bounds, critiquing what they do on the basketball court is the purpose of the board.

Remember, we're talking about basketball!! Not thermo nuclear war.

Best to all and keep it clean, even if I don't.

My post was about the game, if you really read it. Gamagin's was about me. I am not over sensitive to him, or the others. I just don't think that this Board is the place to do what he and others are doing. You can disagree with me, but as you see I did not respond to Gamagin and I won't. I'm not going to down grade this board. Have a good weekend and Go Zags!!! I learned one thing today. Don't ask the mods and admins to help (but why would I even think they would). If I were over sensitive to these guys I would have left this board years ago. They have run off a lot of people over the years, and if yu're reading this thread you know that Jazz just left. But then again my opinion would be that you're happy about that just as they are.

former1dog
01-24-2014, 06:10 PM
My post was about the game, if you really read it. Gamagin's was about me. I am not over sensitive to him, or the others. I just don't think that this Board is the place to do what he and others are doing. You can disagree with me, but as you see I did not respond to Gamagin and I won't. I'm not going to down grade this board. Have a good weekend and Go Zags!!! I learned one thing today. Don't ask the mods and admins to help (but why would I even think they would). If I were over sensitive to these guys I would have left this board years ago. They have run off a lot of people over the years, and if yu're reading this thread you know that Jazz just left. But then again my opinion would be that you're happy about that just as they are.

Just so you understand completely, Reborn, I'm on your side.

Have a good night.

Reborn
01-24-2014, 06:26 PM
Just so you understand completely, Reborn, I'm on your side.

Have a good night.

Are you a boxer, former1dog? I mean did you ever box? We should challenge gamagin and his friends to a boxing match......:boxing: hahahahahahahhaha just kiddin....just trying to lighten this up. I do appreciate your thoughts and ideas, and have always listened to you....boy we had our days didn't we....:boxing: hahahahahah Im glad we get along now...Its funny to see this going on with Gamagin because I always liked him....I do know that he loves the Zags and can't stand it when anyone criticizes Stockton or Few. But I can not let his attitude affect my desire to be honest when I write. Stockton did not play well last night, and why should a poster not have the freedom to analyze the game as he or she wishes.

caduceus
01-24-2014, 06:58 PM
Your post is my favorite, Caduceus! Haha

Just trying to lighten things up around here. At first I thought it was the new color scheme around here, but now I'm not so sure. Everybody's testy these days.

If you want my advice:

http://i.imgur.com/8SLSWsg.jpg

gamagin
01-24-2014, 07:12 PM
All you keepers of the moral code and "mood" etc on this board.

Read what these folks have said over the past two weeks, 2-4 years, and see for yourselves who makes sense and who doesn't. Who is launching personal attacks and who is trying to discourage them.

Decide for yourselves.

former1dog
01-24-2014, 07:27 PM
All you keepers of the moral code and "mood" etc on this board.

Read what these folks have said over the past two weeks, 2-4 years, and see for yourselves who makes sense and who doesn't. Who is launching personal attacks and who is trying to discourage them.

Decide for yourselves.

What I want to know is what's your goal? Are you looking to clear out the canyon so all you have is an echo chamber?

Beyond that, where's your perspective? We're talking about a game.

Get a grip. Show some tolerance and some respect. Reborn, Jazz, et al are grown up men with long and successful lives who don't deserve to be personally attacked because you don't happen to agree.

Have some courage with your convictions.

gamagin
01-24-2014, 07:41 PM
my goal is to stop the horsesh!t that keeps dribbling out about games I'm watching that have little if anything to do with what's actually going on.

It's not about getting a grip. it's not about courage. Nor a lecture from you.

I believe if you would read a bit, you'd learn a bit. THAT would take real courage. you might learn something.

It is exactly why guys like you saying Jazz and reborn are all grown up that I find their posts downright disturbing at times. I would say that is getting a grip. try it.

former1dog
01-24-2014, 07:55 PM
my goal is to stop the horsesh!t that keeps dribbling out about games I'm watching that have little if anything to do with what's actually going on.

It's not about getting a grip. it's not about courage. Nor a lecture from you.

I believe if you would read a bit, you'd learn a bit. THAT would take real courage. you might learn something.

It is exactly why guys like you saying Jazz and reborn are all grown up that I find their posts downright disturbing at times. I would say that is getting a grip. try it.

Its a game, Gamagin, and this is a message board.

Let that sink in for a minute.

More often than not, I disagree with Jazz's point of view for instance. I keep that in perspective though, because it's merely a difference of opinion about something inconsequential in the big picture of life. The disagreement doesn't mean anything.

Who are you trying to protect by fighting back so hard?

Mark Few? He's on the record talking about the little people on the internet. So, I think he's ok.

David Stockton? He exudes confidence. Do you think he thinks twice about what some anonymous dudes on the inter tubes have to say about his game?

Thats absurd, isn't it?

Despite our little spats over the years on the boards, I've heard that in real life you're a helluva a good guy. I hope you let that shine through.

Peace, brother Zag.

gamagin
01-24-2014, 08:20 PM
F1D

thanks. you are ok, too, when have a mind to be.