PDA

View Full Version : Big game for Kelly

northsidezagfan
01-17-2014, 05:59 PM
I know this is Old Dogs but Kelly had 25 points, 5 boards, 7 assists, 2 steals, and a block tonight.

zag67
01-17-2014, 06:02 PM
You beat me. I was waiting until the end of game. Looks like he had a super solid game.

ZaGranny
01-17-2014, 06:10 PM
DUring the 3rd quarter both Kelly and Rob were playing. I think ROb out banged Kelly, but Kelly definitely out scored him.

I'll post the full stats in Old Dogs.

ZaGranny

ZagMan in Philly
01-17-2014, 06:19 PM
First game back for Rondo. Go Kelly, he got to closed out the game which Celtics lost. Wish Rob would have played more minutes.

ZaGranny
01-17-2014, 06:29 PM
First game back for Rondo. Go Kelly, he got to closed out the game which Celtics lost. Wish Rob would have played more minutes.

I wish he had, too, but as discussed in Old Dog, the way D'Antoni uses Rob is a mystery. He seems to either start him and play him 12-15 minutes, or give him a DNP. Just before he came into the game, I said to Mr. ID "Looks like another DNP for Rob tonight." So I was just glad he got on the floor tonight.

ZaGranny

WBM
01-17-2014, 08:46 PM
I watched this game with my Aunt; we'd planned it two weeks in advance, special. Both of us call Rob one of our favorite Zags ever, and we both love Kelly. We call the both the Lakers and the Celtics "our teams" so at first we weren't sure who to root for tonight, other than great individual performances.

When Rob and Kelly finally landed on the floor together, I was pretty giddy. We paused and took a screenshot of Rob and Kelly guarding one another and going for the same rebound -- just such a cool couple of moments.

Obviously, Kelly had a career night, and Rob sadly didn't get much of a chance to affect the game. It is puzzling how D'antoni chooses to use Rob, but it really seems like Rob is as secure with the Lakers as someone in his position can be, thanks to good defense and being a great teammate. I hope that tonight is a jumping off point for Kelly, who seemed to be so much more confident. I watch a lot of the Celtics games, and it seems like outside of Pressey and a little bit of Gerald Wallace, not a lot of C's pass to Kelly or run offense through him. As we saw with the 2012-13 team, Kelly plays great when he's got a true point guard setting things up and keeping the tempo going. I'm optimistic that the return of Rondo will see more production from Kelly, along with hopefully more playtime for Pressey, which is well earned after tonight's performance. Kelly doesn't need to be a superstar for me to be happy -- nights like tonight make it totally worth watching.

EDIT: I was disappointed that Rob and Kelly didn't even seem to speak to eachother after the final buzzer. When the Lakers played the Cavs, I saw Rob and Dellavedova seek each other out to shake hands and talk briefly, and I was really looking forward to watching that interaction between the two former teammates. Too bad, I think.

CodeCobalt
01-17-2014, 08:56 PM
I think one reason people don't pass/play off Olynyk so much is he was injured when the C's finally started to gel as team. With more time and Rondo back things should change... but who knows, maybe the rookie team hasn't gelled with Rondo either, or will he be capable of the same play after his year off due to injury? I do know that Rondo and Olynyk have hung out together off the court as buddies though. so hopefully they'll be a deadly duo.

CodeCobalt
01-17-2014, 09:01 PM
anyone been able to find an Olynyk highlight reel like the one posted shortly after the Atlanta game where he had 21 points?

TheGonzagaFactor
01-17-2014, 09:17 PM
12 points in the 4th quarter, 7 assists, and 5 rebounds. 33 minutes I believe. Pressey already looks for Olynyk with how they owned the Summer League when playing together, and I think Rondo will look for Kelly. If both point guards like him, he's gonna get a great chance to get it going early in his career.

ZagNative
01-18-2014, 01:54 AM
anyone been able to find an Olynyk highlight reel like the one posted shortly after the Atlanta game where he had 21 points?This is a nice highlight video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HngJvkZNqf0).

Birddog
01-18-2014, 03:49 AM
This is a nice highlight video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HngJvkZNqf0).
That's a great highlight video, thanks.

jazzdelmar
01-18-2014, 03:56 AM
KO fills up the stat sheet with ease. With RR back he will thrive. No surprise they hang together; both are highly intelligent fellas.

ZagMan in Philly
01-18-2014, 04:09 AM
Nice video link there ZN.
Pressey is coming on strong, and with the return of Rondo will only make K.O. a better player. Those two guards can really dish out assists.
Just wait until K.O. is more comfortable and getting more playing time consistantly.
Rookie of the year is still up for grab.

Below is the other video highlights of him against Atlanta...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDlIzPbcGnc

Zagger
01-18-2014, 06:20 AM
Go Kelly! Nice shots and some sweet passing/assists. Really liked the blistering bounce pass when he passed up an open 3.

CdAZagFan
01-18-2014, 08:28 AM
Would love to see Kelly get more of these type of games so he can get back into the starting lineup. He shouldn't be sitting behind Humphries. I would almost love to see the Celts trade for a talented true center, perhaps moving Kelly to the 4 spot - I think he would really shine in that type of a lineup.

Mantua
01-18-2014, 02:55 PM
Now I'm a Celts fan. It's really tough to be a Celts fan this year watching them lose close games over and over, but seeing Kelly emerge as a legit NBA big man is worth the pain. I thought Kelly's efforts needed to be supported by a win from everyone else. It would be great to watch a Celts game that ended with a decent 4th quarter.

75Zag
01-19-2014, 06:22 AM
KO had a fantastic game both in terms of statistics and quality of play. But being a high-scorer for Boston is a little like having the best seat on the Titanic. But for better or worse, Boston sucks this year. Here's hoping that either Boston gets better or that KO gets traded to a team that does not suck.

Go Bulldogs!

LynetteG
01-20-2014, 06:56 AM
This is a nice highlight video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HngJvkZNqf0).

+ infinity!