Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Gonzaga vs LMU...predictions and other thoughts

The game is early tomorrow at 1:00 pm on Root

Gonzaga 75
    LMU 63

Gonzaga has found their intensity, and fire. I am looking forward to the game tomorrow. I've been looking forward to this game and the last one with Pepperdine. I had this weekend marked as one of the most important, especially after the Zags got hurt and came down with the flu. Playing @ LMU has always been a tough place for the Zags to win. The Zags should be very motivated for this one. They know what's at stake. The tougher teams are beginning to rise once again to the top of the WCC (BYU, St Mary's and GU). The Zags are a game ahead of both BYU and St Mary's, and I know they want to keep that lead.

I sure enjoyed watching the game last night and look forward to watching the Zags play the new, tough D tomorrow. I like the Zags mentality of the team right now. Let's keep that fire burning bright.

I look forward to seeing our post play as they improve each game. The further the Zagws are go deeper into the season, the post play is becoming more and more important. They lost Olynyk, Harris and Hart to graduation. I really had some doubts that our post players would play as good as they are right now, but they are. I hope Sam has another great game. He's really coming on. And I hope PK continue to be a Giant Wall on defense.

Hoping to see our Ninja shooters tomorrow night. I'd love to see the Zags hit ten 3's @LMU. This will be a statement game that the Zags CAN WIN ON THE ROAD. Hoping for a great ending to a beautiful weekend.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • primal23
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

First two true road game stretch, just hope again I am wrong
    GU 74
    LMU 77
    11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
    "Make it yourself"
    "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
    "Okay"

Comment

• northsidezagfan
      Zag for Life
      • Mar 2009

Dower gets 19, Draino hits double figures, and we win 78-68.

Comment

• exclusivelee
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2013

Sam Dower will join the 1000 point club Saturday

Currently, he sits at 992 career points: http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/...m-dower-1.html

Comment

• Oregonzagnut
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2011

Gonzaga 72
          LMU 62

Solid win. Our 3rd team allows LMU to go on a 15 to 5 run to end the game.
          “People can talk. People can speculate. These guys are hungry and they're ready to go." Mark Few

Comment

• siliconzag
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Feb 2007

Lets nail some treys.

Originally posted by Reborn View Post

Hoping to see our Ninja shooters tomorrow night. I'd love to see the Zags hit ten 3's @LMU. This will be a statement game that the Zags CAN WIN ON THE ROAD. Hoping for a great ending to a beautiful weekend.

Go Zags!!!
            This. What made the 99 team great was their ability to dial in the 3s. If any of you have watched Creighton this year, this is what makes them stealth. Not only Wragge, but McDermott (Doug), Chatman, Manigat, and even Brooks and Dingman. They can all hit the three and you better not dare them, cause they'll take it and eat your lunch. The three point shot is the great equalizer. Teams that use it effectively win. Look back and see how many times the Zags have lost if they hit 10 or more 3s. Faint heart never won fair lady. We gotta show some coglioni and let them fly.

A me non piaciono i leoni. Non per niente.

Sili

Comment

• Hoopaholic
              • Mar 2008

We limit their good looks at the three ball with our defense, contain Ireland as he tries to drive to hole and we dominate the paint on both sides of the court and we win

Zags. 74
              Lmu. 62
              The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• Baseline
                Zag for Life
                • Jan 2011

GU 77
                LMU 75

This is a barn burner as Ireland goes crazy at home. We win the rebounds and outlast a late charge to take the win.
                "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

Comment

• BaldguyZag
                  Bulldog Fan
                  • Nov 2009

Zags 73
                  Lions 60

Just win baby!

Comment

• upan8th
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

"Intensity", "fire". C'mon Re', those cliches are so old they clank. Why stop at wishing for only ten threes? Coleman, subbed in with three minutes left in the first half, says fluke it and launches a three, which miraculously connects. Recognizing a "hot hand", his teammates get him the ball on the next two possessions and he buries consecutive treys, turning a five point deficit into a one point halftime lead. DC is mobbed by the team heading to the locker room as Few frets. In the first four minutes of the second half, KD, unconsciously channeling GC's outrageous behavior, actually takes three wide open threes and cans two of them. Sam, instead of rolling predictably to the basket each time after setting screens in the elbow, buries three more treys after staying put just behind the line. Barham, deciding he's spent too much of his young life banished to a corner, fakes a shot from there as his defender flies by, then launches a drive to the basket that culminates in a tomahawk jam, defying the coach's prohibitions. KP connects on his usual; 4 of 10 shots, but despite all these long range heroics (Karnowski fouls out half way through the second stanza-MT frosh phenom can't carry the load) Zags are down one with 3 seconds left when the basketball, rolls, after a rebound kerfuffle, to a spectating Angel Nunez, in the corner, outside the fray, who promptly buries the Lions with a final, decisive trey. The dagger was, let's see here, the lucky thirteenth of the night for the victors. GU 81 Lions 80.

So, 'Born, my question to you is: Why are you always selling the team short?

Comment

• Zippyzaggy
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Mar 2013

Zags win in a shoot out: 83-69

Dower is feeling better, as is KP's toe (somewhat). Stockton and Edwards are fully recovered from the flu. It's go time. Godspeed GB.

Comment

• bartruff1
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Zippyzaggy View Post
                        Zags win in a shoot out: 83-69

Dower is feeling better, as is KP's toe (somewhat). Stockton and Edwards are fully recovered from the flu. It's go time. Godspeed GB.
                        I think so...in spite of the fact that Stockton is short and Few simply doesn't have a clue...Gonzaga is 4-0 against the spread (10)....so how about Zags 82-70...

Comment

• Zagger
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2008

I think the Zags are gelling - steadily with hiccups - but no hiccups today: Zags win by 20 and score over 80 points. Sooner or later Shemmick is going to have a sweet game - maybe today?!?! I think we'll also see improved play by both GC and AN. High scorer ..... Pangos (safe bet!)
                          GO ZAGS!

Comment

• Reborn
                            Zag for Life
                            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by upan8th View Post
                            "Intensity", "fire". C'mon Re', those cliches are so old they clank. Why stop at wishing for only ten threes? Coleman, subbed in with three minutes left in the first half, says fluke it and launches a three, which miraculously connects. Recognizing a "hot hand", his teammates get him the ball on the next two possessions and he buries consecutive treys, turning a five point deficit into a one point halftime lead. DC is mobbed by the team heading to the locker room as Few frets. In the first four minutes of the second half, KD, unconsciously channeling GC's outrageous behavior, actually takes three wide open threes and cans two of them. Sam, instead of rolling predictably to the basket each time after setting screens in the elbow, buries three more treys after staying put just behind the line. Barham, deciding he's spent too much of his young life banished to a corner, fakes a shot from there as his defender flies by, then launches a drive to the basket that culminates in a tomahawk jam, defying the coach's prohibitions. KP connects on his usual; 4 of 10 shots, but despite all these long range heroics (Karnowski fouls out half way through the second stanza-MT frosh phenom can't carry the load) Zags are down one with 3 seconds left when the basketball, rolls, after a rebound kerfuffle, to a spectating Angel Nunez, in the corner, outside the fray, who promptly buries the Lions with a final, decisive trey. The dagger was, let's see here, the lucky thirteenth of the night for the victors. GU 81 Lions 80.

So, 'Born, my question to you is: Why are you always selling the team short?
                            It's early. I have only taken a couple sips of coffee. Otherwise I'd be lmao....hahahah but thanks for making me smile this morning. Dang!!! You're a pretty good writer. Love the ending.....
                            Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• bigblahla
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Early start - Zags win. A 1pm D1 game on the West coast and the reason is ?????????

Go!! Zags!!!
                              "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

Working...
                              X