01-16-2014, 09:28 PM
This is a no brainer.

Baseline
01-16-2014, 09:34 PM
Pangos

KD had another solid game.

hooter73
01-16-2014, 09:35 PM
I wanted to give it to Stockton who got rocked in the game thread harder than Pepperdine got rocked in the game.

maynard g krebs
01-16-2014, 09:35 PM
Expected to see Dower close to 100% in this one.

hooter73
01-16-2014, 09:36 PM
ESPN Box Score:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400506805

jazzdelmar
01-16-2014, 09:44 PM
I wanted to give it to Stockton who got rocked in the game thread harder than Pepperdine got rocked in the game.

Mark?

ZagaZags
01-16-2014, 09:46 PM
I have a cheat sheet for all. Magic 8- Ball confirmed the answer. Sam Dower.

wnczagfan
01-16-2014, 09:48 PM

No kidding! I thought Stockton's defense and his ball handling against the press were solid tonight.

I voted Dower for G-Unit, but a special shout out to Drew Barham for his rebounding, assists, and steals; and a shout out to Kyle Dranginis for his rebounding and hustle plays; He seems to get better every time he plays. Pangos toe seems to be on the mend; he was moving a lot faster tonight! Nice game by everyone!

Oregonzagnut
01-16-2014, 09:58 PM
No kidding! I thought Stockton's defense and his ball handling against the press were solid tonight.

Stockton always plays defense and has stellar ball handling. Just no scoring punch or ability to matchup m2m on D. At least IMO.

3 pts and 1 assist? As a starter with 34 minutes? Seriously? I hope Bell supplants Stocks when he returns, instead of supplanting Drano or Barham.

exclusivelee
01-16-2014, 10:03 PM
Dower

jazzdelmar
01-16-2014, 10:05 PM
Stockton always plays defense and has stellar ball handling. Just no scoring punch or ability to matchup m2m on D. At least IMO.

3 pts and 1 assist? As a starter with 34 minutes? Seriously? I hope Bell supplants Stocks when he returns, instead of supplanting Drano or Barham.

DS and defense are strangers. Ireland could drop 40 on him.

ZagaZags
01-16-2014, 10:08 PM
We have a new drinking game tonight. When my buddy Jazz makes a post tonight, we need to take a drink. :)

Reborn
01-16-2014, 10:08 PM
Dower. One of Sam's best games. I loved his play at both ends tonight, and his work on the boards was every bit as good as we ever got from Elias. Keep it up Sam. Dower got almost all his work in the second half, as he sat out most of the first half.

I love PK on defense. When he plugs the middle the way he does, he is just awesome. Pepperdine, slowly but surely completely lost their confidence to attack the basket. They looked scared to me. Even Davis who is pretty darn good, and their center Lane. Those guys were turned into puppets controlled by PK and Dower and even Edwards when he played. When he is a force on the defensive end the guards can guard their shooters which they did. Gonzaga held them to 4-16 from behind the arc. 25%. And only two of those came from their very good shooting guards, and Lane.

ZagaZags
01-16-2014, 10:09 PM
Woot time for a drink.

jazzdelmar
01-16-2014, 10:09 PM
We have a new drinking game tonight. When my buddy Jazz makes a post tonight, we need to take a drink. :)

U need to find yourself a good 12-post program ....try Mission Hills.

ZagaZags
01-16-2014, 10:10 PM
Dower. One of Sam's best games. I loved his play at both ends tonight, and his work on the boards was every bit as good as we ever got from Elias. Keep it up Sam. Dower got almost all his work in the second half, as he sat out most of the first half.

I love PK on defense. When he plugs the middle the way he does, he is just awesome. Pepperdine, slowly but surely completely lost their confidence to attack the basket. They looked scared to me. Even Davis who is pretty darn good, and their center Lane. Those guys were turned into puppets controlled by PK and Dower and even Edwards when he played. When he is a force on the defensive end the guards can guard their shooters which they did. Gonzaga held them to 4-16 from behind the arc. 25%. And only two of those came from their very good shooting guards, and Lane.

Sam will play pro somewhere.

ZagaZags
01-16-2014, 10:11 PM

Will it work?

ZagaZags
01-16-2014, 10:11 PM

4 more months to open offers. :)

jazzdelmar
01-16-2014, 10:12 PM
Will it work?

One post at a time.

john montana
01-16-2014, 10:12 PM
I voted for PK. To me this team really comes down to how well he is playing. When he owns the paint we are a different club. He owned it for stretches that were key. He actually did a great job on Davis too. Dower was awesome as well, I just think PK is such a key.

ZagaZags
01-16-2014, 10:13 PM

Damn I'm hungry, is Jake's open?

Hoopaholic
01-16-2014, 10:14 PM
I don't know who decides for the names to vote on but whoever it is might want to watch both ends of the court as draino at least deserved to be an option...once again fills the stat sheet and a guard once again ties for team lead in rebounds

Voted pangos though he took over when we were exchanging baskets early, got us going for nice extension middle of first half

ZagaZags
01-16-2014, 10:16 PM
One post at a time.

I can't do it. My Magic 8-Ball just told me. The good news is the Magic 8-Ball said we would beat LMU. So we got that going for us.

23dpg
01-16-2014, 10:16 PM

Assist wise, Stockton was unlucky tonight. He had at least 6 passes that lead to a wide open shot that simply missed. That's the way assists go sometimes. Overall, I thought he had a decent game. Not great but not bad either.

Zagceo
01-16-2014, 10:17 PM
DS and defense are strangers. Ireland could drop 40 on him.

Few will protect DS with some kind of box zone.

ZagaZags
01-16-2014, 10:18 PM
I don't know who decides for the names to vote on but whoever it is might want to watch both ends of the court as draino at least deserved to be an option...once again fills the stat sheet and a guard once again ties for team lead in rebounds

Voted pangos though he took over when we were exchanging baskets early, got us going for nice extension middle of first half

My bad I did not add him. In my book I should have only put Dower. ( A one man poll )

Hoopaholic
01-16-2014, 10:19 PM
My bad I did not add him. In my book I should have only put Dower. ( A one man poll )

Ok...forgiven

Mantua
01-16-2014, 10:27 PM
Pangos. I can't imagine this team without him.

ZagaZags
01-16-2014, 10:33 PM
Ok...forgiven

LOL

ZagaZags
01-16-2014, 10:34 PM
Pangos. I can't imagine this team without him.

True story.

ZagaZags
01-16-2014, 10:35 PM
Ok...forgiven

Are you going to the USD game in San Diego?

Hoopaholic
01-16-2014, 10:36 PM
I would like to swing down for it

ZagaZags
01-16-2014, 10:39 PM
I would like to swing down for it

I will post a meeting spot for those who want to meet up before the game. We need to talk Jazz into getting a hotel for the night before the game sells out. Marshal Law in Del Mar.

Birddog
01-17-2014, 05:49 AM
I will post a meeting spot for those who want to meet up before the game. We need to talk Jazz into getting a hotel for the night before the game sells out. Marshal Law in Del Mar.
You're kidding right? Watching a game with jazz strikes me as worse than sitting next to a Hare Krishna from the 70's.

77Zag
01-17-2014, 07:21 AM
Sam -- no doubt. Love KP's game, but Sam was the man !!

Go Zags - Beat LMU!

Oregonzagnut
01-17-2014, 07:27 AM
Assist wise, Stockton was unlucky tonight. He had at least 6 passes that lead to a wide open shot that simply missed. That's the way assists go sometimes. Overall, I thought he had a decent game. Not great but not bad either.

I agree but mainly if the rest of the team focusses on defense like they did tonight our natural offense will happen. Our problem is we have to stop the other team from getting hot from 3. We lose half as many game if we defend every shot, not just stay in some zone defense and dare the to shoot the 3.

I am just having to accept that Stockton is one of those "intangibles" guys that Few always seems to prop up and flourish with.

Fact. Nunez and Coleman just are not up to speed on how Few wants the games to be played.

Zagnailler
01-17-2014, 07:56 AM
One post at a time.
God grant me the serenity to accept the posts I cannot change, the courage to change the ones I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Oh yeah pog to the Dower of power!

jazzdelmar
01-17-2014, 07:57 AM
God grant me the serenity to accept the posts I cannot change, the courage to change the ones I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

You got it.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of Few as we understood Him.

TacomaZAG
01-17-2014, 09:20 AM
G-Unit to team medical staff. From Sam's back to the flu running through the team, to GBJ's rehab. LOTS more energy tonight, it's funny how much more effective you can be when closer to 100% physically.

Go ZAGS

gonstu
01-17-2014, 09:21 AM
You got it.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of Few as we understood Him.

#1) We admitted we were powerless to early tournament exits - that the bracket is just a crapshoot.

:D

cjm720
01-17-2014, 09:23 AM
I voted for both Pangos and Draginis (didn't know you could do that btw).

Loved KD's overall game....a bit surprised he didn't score more after looking at the box score.

zag buddy
01-17-2014, 10:18 AM
#2 came to believe that coach Few could return me to sanity.