PDA

View Full Version : Refs Allowed A Physical Game

Ekrub
01-09-2014, 10:22 PM
Allowed a very physical game. Portland took advantage. We did not. That was the differwnce in this game for me.

Hoopaholic
01-09-2014, 10:23 PM
So much for the rule changes

Ekrub
01-09-2014, 10:24 PM
So much for the rule changes

It seems to me they were abandoned after about the 8th or 9th game.

Hoopaholic
01-09-2014, 10:25 PM
It seems to me they were abandoned after about the 8th or 9th game.

Yep

DixieZag
01-09-2014, 10:26 PM
We would have lost under any style of reffing.

Got outworked - maybe illness played a role, we'll never know. But, this one's on Portland, they outworked us and just plain beat us

CDC84
01-09-2014, 10:28 PM
There were a couple of terrible calls against the Zags near the end, but Dixie is right, the refs played little part in this loss.

john montana
01-09-2014, 10:29 PM
They kicked our ass. The refs didn't matter in the slightest.

willandi
01-09-2014, 10:31 PM
Probably right. They shot lights out, but so many times when it could have been a turning point, the calls went against the Zags, both offensively and defensively. I don't think the game was called consistently. The good news is, I still have a TV...didn't throw anything at it! Should probably keep a stash of teddy bears for games like this! LOL

RenoZag
01-09-2014, 10:32 PM

Got outworked - maybe illness played a role, we'll never know. But, this one's on Portland, they outworked us and just plain beat us

There were a couple of terrible calls against the Zags near the end, but Dixie is right, the refs played little part in this loss.

yup

Ekrub
01-09-2014, 10:33 PM

I'm not blaming the refs. I'm blaming the players for not matching the intensity and agressiveness. The refs allowed a certain amount and we didn't match.

WallaWallaZag
01-09-2014, 10:34 PM
refs didn't exactly help the zag cause towards the end, particularly on the dower foul...but that is to be expected on every road game. like others have said, refs had very little to do with the outcome.

zag944
01-09-2014, 10:37 PM
We had a lot bigger problems than the refs tonight, and I was a lot more worried about those.

That said, felt really bad for Dower making a great hustle play while he is playing hurt and getting called for a foul.

Oregonzagnut
01-09-2014, 10:37 PM

Yep. Portland wanted it way more than we did. WAY more.