PDA

View Full Version : NIT Preseason Tip Off this fall: questions

TravelinZag
01-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Preliminary rounds at MAC or Arena? Tickets controlled by: GU? NCAA? Whom? How to get them? When?

Semi- and final rounds in NYC: Who controls tickets; how to get them & when?

Opponents for prelims: What schools? When announced? What's the delay? Can already eliminate about half of all D-1 schools: those committed to other multi-team tournaments, those from same conferences as the four "hosts" and those who participated in this tournament in the past 2 or 3 years. If 2013 is an example, not a lot of RPI-boosting schools invited. Still, all hosts did not make it to New York.

Info anyone?

ZagMan in Philly
01-06-2014, 11:52 AM
I am very much looking forward to this Preseason NIT in New York.
I found some info at this site
http://www.ncaa.com/championships/basketball-men/nit/season-tip-off

Zags_Fanatic
01-06-2014, 11:58 AM
All prelim games this year were played in on-campus arenas, MSG tix were sold by Ticketmaster but I'm not sure about regional sites. Since it is on campus I would be surprised if it wasn't controlled by GU.

ZagnetitForce
01-06-2014, 04:59 PM
Didn't GU play in a pre-season NIT a few years ago? As I recall it was run by the NCAA. They did tickets and pricing and even advertising....and they did a crappy job of it. Wasn't even sold out mostly because people didn't even know about it. And it was in the arena.

realtydog
01-06-2014, 05:16 PM
You sure it was in the arena??? I remember it being at the mac and we lost to sdsu

BobZag
01-06-2014, 05:50 PM
You sure it was in the arena??? I remember it being at the mac and we lost to sdsu

That was another preseason tourney with similar format. The NIT Tipoff I remember was in the Spokane Arena vs Rice and Baylor.

kitzbuel
01-06-2014, 05:51 PM

In 2006 GU beat Rice and Baylor in the Mac

BobZag
01-06-2014, 06:56 PM
In 2006 GU beat Rice and Baylor in the Mac

In the Spokane Arena. I think it was run by the NCAA.

kitzbuel
01-07-2014, 03:23 AM
My memory flags. Must be all the ginger ale.