• Show
Clear All
  • Zagdawg
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Incoming Player Stats YTD

Josh Perkins 9.4 pts and 5.1 assists team record 13-4

Jesse Wade (junior) 18.3 pts 3.8 assists team record 7-1

Silas Melson team record 7-1 (he had 32 pts against Rainer Beach Dec 28 --but I don't see any ytd stats)

Bryan Alberts team record 9-1

Having a hard time finding individual 13-14 stats for Melson/Alberts ---(remind me --is Alberts out with an injury?)
  • WallaWallaZag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

i'm not sure the move to prep school was the best decision by perkins, but we'll have to wait and see. melson is absolutely tearing it up and i believe you are correct with alberts in that he hasn't been cleared to play yet.

Comment

• Zagdawg
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

I like the move Josh made to Huntington prep in that he went from the best player on the floor to playing with and against some of the best players in the country.

Short term it will impact his stats----but long term he will bring more to the table when he plays at GU.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
        I like the move Josh made to Huntington prep in that he went from the best player on the floor to playing with and against some of the best players in the country.

Short term it will impact his stats----but long term he will bring more to the table when he plays at GU.
        Maybe. But how many bad AAU habits will he acquire in the process?

Comment

• webspinnre
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
          Maybe. But how many bad AAU habits will he acquire in the process?
          Yep. My concern isn't moving to HP because of stats, but because of the quality of coaching. Based on what we saw in his game that was aired, the coaching is poor at best.
          I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by webspinnre View Post
            Yep. My concern isn't moving to HP because of stats, but because of the quality of coaching. Based on what we saw in his game that was aired, the coaching is poor at best.
            that's what i was referring to with regard to his transfer...they basically play street ball at hp...findlay has much better coaching it appears.

Comment

• Goshzagit
              Zag for Life
              • Dec 2007

Having a hard time finding individual 13-14 stats for Melson/Alberts ---(remind me --is Alberts out with an injury?)
              Yes, he's been out since Spring and hasn't suited up this season.

Only prospective recruit that concerns me is Bryan Alberts. The staff secured a very nice talent in Alberts, yet passed on numerous other 3-4 star combo guards/wings in favor of him. A very high risk, high reward decision by Gonzaga.

Alberts hasn't really played a lick of basketball for nearly 12+ months now & counting. Even skipped AAU and Summer Circuits to same on-going issue. Has yet to play for his HS team this season. Apparently, he's slowly coming around, yet still dealing with his nagging KNEES. Yes, not just one, but both knees, folks. "chronic tendonitis". Even during his solid Junior campaign(18ppg, 4rpg, 3apg), he still missed court time because of his knees. If(and when healthy), he's terrific, yet we cannot underestimate knee issues.

Keep in mind, some kids never touch the court again dealing with similar issues or switch sports. He could have a degenerative issue or just growing pains, either way;

Something to keep an eye on...

I posted this awhile back re: Bryan Alberts and feel the same way:

agreed, however, Alberts missed most, if not all, of the Summer circuit due to chronic bilateral knee tendonitis......

Bryan is quite the talent, yet has missed significant time the last 2 years due to on-going soreness(tendonitis?) in both knees.

He's vastly underrated as a 6'5" athletic combo-guard (and wing), but much of this has to do with him sitting out because of the same pain/issue.

Hopefully this is more "growing pains" than "Greg Oden" issues for Alberts. The kid has been unable to develop his skills in his final year b/c he can't play, no camps, no circuits, no HS bball, nothing.

Some people's joints or various degenerative problems don't allow life on a hardwood playing surface. We can only hope this isn't the case with Alberts, yet I promise you not far-fetched at ANY age. We only hear about the kids who can handle the wear and tear, yet so much talent suffers injures or life-long issues with playing sports.

Sounds dramatic, I know, yet given the fact Bryan has been dealing with "tendonitis" for the better part of a year -- this isn't something to ignore.

Hope for the best and hope for complete recovery, because Alberts hasn't really played full-speed basketball since his Junior year of HS.

Again, we're not talking about an injury here, yet rather a chronic issue that is indefinite in healing time.

Comment

• ZagaZags
                Banned
                • May 2010

Silas Melson stats. http://www.d1circuit.com/roster_players/3829504 Melson looks older than a H.S student.

P.S Good thread Zagdawg. We all should try to keep this updated.

Comment

• BTB
                  Professional Zag Fan
                  • Nov 2012

Originally posted by webspinnre View Post
                  Seems like they just play one-on-one ball all game to showcase individual players' skills to get players to the best colleges possible. It can't help his development.

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BTB View Post
                    Seems like they just play one-on-one ball all game to showcase individual players' skills to get players to the best colleges possible. It can't help his development.
                    the only positive thing i can think of is that perkins will be very comfortable going up against bcs-level athleticism and talent...but he probably got plenty of that in aau and tournaments anyways... at least he shouldn't be coming in with a big head, but doubt that was a problem with him anyways...

Comment

Working...
                    X